Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 06:26 AM

7,276 posts, read 5,288,966 times

Advertisements

He isn't polished
He speaks (and Tweets) like a teenager
He's smug and full of himself
He has big balls

He makes decisions deep down which many times it's hard for me to fault him. For instance, I do believe he got out of the arms deal because it is a bad deal for the U.S.

I think his focus gets skewed. For instance, putting so much stock in this wall when there are much greater issues to tackle on that front.

Melania seems like a trophy wife to him.

Thing is, if you think I'm bashing him you are incorrect. I don't like how he conducts his business, not at all. I believe he does pander to special interests, and in many ways does all of the things that he stated he hated the swamp for. I believe as a businessman he's still looking for ways to benefit him personally through his legislative actions. I do believe he thinks about this country first. I don't think it matters what all-stars are on his staff, as none will tone him down.

Is he a good POTUS? I honestly think the jury is still out, because we're too early in the game to see what the long term global effects will be from a Trump presidency. Fake or not, I just wished his outward appearance and mannerisms were as polished as Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 06:33 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Would you like a polished turd (Obama) or a dinner plate that is a complete mess to look at but taste fantastic (Trump).... for me, its pretty simple... I don't get caught up in "looks"... it would be great if it looked and taste great but it never was a requirement... tasting good was always the better choice...

Old 05-09-2018, 06:38 AM

1,289 posts, read 938,844 times
Op, what's your take on all the lying? And the histrionics? And his interactions with seemingly highly inappropriate associates? Not bashing either, just asking about those three things.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:42 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
He isn't polished
He speaks (and Tweets) like a teenager
He's smug and full of himself
He has big balls
Reason why he got elected.

Democrats still dont have a clue what happened and why.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:43 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Would you like a polished turd (Obama) or a dinner plate that is a complete mess to look at but taste fantastic (Trump).... for me, its pretty simple... I don't get caught up in "looks"... it would be great if it looked and taste great but it never was a requirement... tasting good was always the better choice...

Your O-P-I-N-I-O-N which completely overlooks the simple fact that all too often the plate that is a complete mess tastes like one too.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,504,886 times
I am pretty much in the same boat as you, OP. He is definitely not the kind of guy I would want to hang out with on the weekend, but his ability to make bold decisions impresses me.

He seems to have a unique ability to exploit weaknesses in his opponents, and do so at the most opportune times. He knows what leverage to apply, and how to apply it when dealing with other countries/leaders.

It would be interesting to see how well he would perform if the media weren't spewing propaganda 24/7 in an attempt to undermine support for him.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Reason why he got elected.

Democrats still dont have a clue what happened and why.
And those who voted for all those 'qualities' which are nothing but style apparently don't give a rat's ass about the man's utter lack of substance and integrity.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 AM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
More like complex thoughts on a simple man.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:46 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,223,339 times
I'll take the polished turd any day!

Old 05-09-2018, 06:49 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
Op, what's your take on all the lying? And the histrionics? And his interactions with seemingly highly inappropriate associates? Not bashing either, just asking about those three things.
Politicians have been lying since the beginning of time. You're just saying Trump is a bigger liar than Obama who was also a huge liar.

I'm positive you were upset at all the Obama lies over 8 long years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies