Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:47 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
You scream "it's not fair", stamp your foot, and continue on with the same failed and false accusations against people who deign to disagree with you.
Sounds like you are the ones stamping your feet and screaming and crying (Rush, Beck, Hannity). Ignorance abounds these days and no one is putting on the brakes. Right-wingers at political rallies with GUNS strapped on, hate pouring from every sign being carried at Tea Parties, and the WHITE NATIONALISTS just loving all the help they are getting these days. Amazing what corporate American can buy in order to keep their huge, huge profits. Eventually some very mentally imbalanced person will see fit to try to "save his country and his way of life" and commit some unspeakable political violence, compliments of high-powered PR/lobby firms with big-money clients.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Another case of selective hearing for the last 8 years, hey?
Did you see any people attending political rallies or townhall meetings with George Bush who showed up with guns strapped on?

Old 09-17-2009, 10:50 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Politics can eat people from the inside out, over time. How many of us in the peanut gallery could actually hang out in the Beltway, dealing with the egomaniacs, and greedy control freaks well into our 70's ? (that is, assuming we have a conscience, and soul). The game can devour anyone. It's an addiction, to some.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 PM

296 posts, read 273,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Sounds like you are the ones stamping your feet and screaming and crying (Rush, Beck, Hannity). Ignorance abounds these days and no one is putting on the brakes. Right-wingers at political rallies with GUNS strapped on, hate pouring from every sign being carried at Tea Parties, and the WHITE NATIONALISTS just loving all the help they are getting these days. Amazing what corporate American can buy in order to keep their huge, huge profits. Eventually some very mentally imbalanced person will see fit to try to "save his country and his way of life" and commit some unspeakable political violence, compliments of high-powered PR/lobby firms with big-money clients.
do you bother to research anything before posting? so all the left leaning organizations are financed via the Internet and lemonade stands? You seriously need to look at where a lot of the left's money comes from.
You were spot-on with the highlighted text, though

Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Then why would someone like Pelosi try to invent that "right provocation"? You would think that someone who holds a position such as hers would never be so reckless with her hateful political posturing.

We have never been in short supply of desperate politicians but I can't remember ever witnessing such abhorrent behavior as we are seeing from our current crop.
If you thought what Nancy Pelosi said today was "political posturing, clearly you've become Hopelessly Numb. She's absolutely correct in her observations, IMO. The level of hate and ignorance we are witnessing today is also a reminder of politics in the 1960s. Everyone and "his brother" feels they are a hero if they can compose the best hate sign to carry around regarding this President.

I can't remember ever witnessing such abhorrent behavior as we are seeing from the current crop of factually impaired people such as the birthers, the death panels folks, and the water-the-tree yahoos in my life!

It's time some people grew up and acted responsibly.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:57 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
Start comparing opposition protests to anti-gay rallies and just to top it off, toss in a little assassination talk to really show how desperate you are.

The far left whack jobs insist on creating a divide in this country. They see themselves losing support and would rather invent unrest than to admit they are the ones who have lost touch. Only it seems the more they go down this road, the more support they lose.

Capitol Briefing - Republicans Denounce Pelosi for Warning Against 'Incitement'
Whine a lot!
Continue to campaign.
Use the crises talk and dont forget to use urgency.
Get on the talk show circuit.
Whine some more.
Attack FOX at every chance you can and dont forget to single out Beck and Hannity.
Campaign some more and whine and complain and throw in a temper tantrum or two so they know you are really serious.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmandvadva View Post
do you bother to research anything before posting? so all the left leaning organizations are financed via the Internet and lemonade stands? You seriously need to look at where a lot of the left's money comes from.
You were spot-on with the highlighted text, though
Freedomworks and Insurance Companies fund the LEFT?

Gee, do you ever bother to research anything before you try to twist the words around?

Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
If you thought what Nancy Pelosi said today was "political posturing, clearly you've become Hopelessly Numb. She's absolutely correct in her observations, IMO. The level of hate and ignorance we are witnessing today is also a reminder of politics in the 1960s. Everyone and "his brother" feels they are a hero if they can compose the best hate sign to carry around regarding this President.

I can't remember ever witnessing such abhorrent behavior as we are seeing from the current crop of factually impaired people such as the birthers, the death panels folks, and the water-the-tree yahoos in my life!

Yeah, we have us a nancy follower!

your use of the term factually impaired was really cute

Quote:
Freedomworks and Insurance Companies fund the LEFT?

Gee, do you ever bother to research anything before you try to twist the words around?
I'd love to know where you got that little fact from in my post.. must be from that Austin, TX place. Last time I was there I thought I had died and gone straight to hell, which is obviously located somewhere near san francisco.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:

I completely agree with your take on this.
Love your post!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 PM

and that's like having Fidel Castro say he loves your style of management
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies