Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 07:49 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,079,953 times

Advertisements

When are we Americans going to drop this petty left vs. right/ liberal vs. conservative argueing?

When are we going to realize that we are all AMERICANS. And that being an American is more important than what your political or ideological stance is.

When are we going to realize that our only hope in the future is for unity as Americans, instead of battling with each other? We need to take the power back as one unified America.

You wing-nuts on the left and right are preventing the US from unifying. You are holding the US back from entering an era in which the US people unite as one to solve our problems.

You are letting polarized media personalities and shows brainwash you. You are letting people put ideas into your hold and anger into you hearts. You are being controlled like SHEEP.

You righties and conservatives are letting FOX News and it's ilk work you up into a frenzy of anger. You are letting them use your beliefs and ideals to control you. You are letting them tell you "Your enemy is the liberal left!" But this is not true.

You lefties and libersl are doing the same thing. You are stuck in a groupthink mindset of liberal ideals. You think that you are the open-minded folks. But you too, are thinking inside of a box and are being controlled by people who know your mindset, and manipulate you because they know what makes you tick. They tell you "Your enemy is the conservative right!" and most of you all ae believing this. But this is not true.

The really enemy as I see it. Are the richest of the rich. The top o.1% elites are playing with us, as if we are a Sim City video game. They are controlling us. And they are hiding behind the scenes, hearding us like sheep to fight amongst each other.

Wake up! Your fellow Americans are not your enemies! Our only hope is to unite agianst those who are REALLY behind the problems affecting us. This is not about idealogies or beliefs, this is about a system that is being controlled by an elite few and NOT the people, as it should be.

This is about the real power being taken away from the American people, and being held by a small group of ultra rich, ultra powerful elitists.

We need to unite. Stand up and say to the ultra-rich and the ultra-powerful "We are NOT going to let you control us anymore. We are not going to let you make us fight each amongst each other we are going to unite as AMERICANS!"

The first step towards this is to stop fighting amongst ourselves. If the red and blue states, left and right, liberal and conservative of the US united. We would be unstoppable.

United we shall stand. Divided we shall fall. Let's stop being divided. Let's stop this fall we are in right now. Stop letting the media and politicians make you angry at your fellow Americans. Get angry at the tyrants at the top, not your fellow citizens.

I hope the people of the USA can step out of the darkness and into the light.

Last edited by TheCaliforniaBear; 09-20-2009 at 08:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM

So, does anyone else agree with me? Or are you all too busy argueing in other threads about ACORN and Obama, and abortion, and blah blah blah............

Forget all that. Stop being distracted. Focus on the unity.

This left vs. right argueing will be our downfall. This kind of internal argueing among citizens has brought other countries down before, and it's happening to us right now.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Then dropout ;tuneout and basicallylly don't listen. Tune into some other channel. Its gone on for ages ;where have you been?

Old 09-20-2009, 08:19 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,125,245 times
There was no left and right debate in the USSR. It was much more peaceful.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:22 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
You wing-nuts on the left and right are preventing the US from unifying. You are holding the US back from entering an era in which the US people unite as one to solve our problems.

You are letting polarized media personalities and shows brainwash you. You are letting people put ideas into your hold and anger into you hearts. You are being controlled like SHEEP.

You righties and conservatives are letting FOX News and it's ilk work you up into a frenzy of anger. You are letting them use your beliefs and ideals to control you. You are letting them tell you "Your enemy is the liberal left!" But this is not true.
Sorry, but I disagree. Sure, there are people on both sides who take things to an extreme and carry it too far. When those people step over the line, on both sides, the responsible people have to rein them in and condemn them. I think there needs to be responsible people who take a principled position against what they know to be wrong. There were people in 1776 who supported the King and were loyalists, but that didn't make the revolutionaries wrong and wasn't a case for the fathers of the revolution to compromise or change their stance.

The thing I find most offensive and silly in your comments is this tired and useless notion that people are stupid robots who listen to media personalities to get their "talking points" and without these media sound bites they'd be lost in their ignorance. Maybe you are informed in this manner, and maybe you take direction from the TV news, but I can assure you that I and many others do not. Your suggestion to the contrary is insulting.

As long as we have people in the US who believe in the politics espoused by liberals, then we will have people who disagree and take issue with their policies and political stances. This is healthy. To insinuate that we should all be in lockstep down the middle singing Kumbya is naive and ignores the real challenges we face.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:23 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Why? Cause the left can't let the right live the way they want... and the right can't leave the left to live the way they want... why is it that people in America can't leave each other alone? They either have to steal, intimidate, or threaten the others to live the way "they" deem is okay... In the beginning it wasn't as bad... we won independence from England and it was a "live and let live" mentality as long as you didn't interfere with someone else's life... well then crooks, religious nuts, and activists took over... and then the rest was history... while we have been fighting with each other... the corporatists took the advantage and screwd both sides... Corporatism took America and bled it for every dime and we still are fighting against each other..

Old 09-20-2009, 08:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Vote third party and ignore everyone telling you that your vote is "stealing" from someone else who never earned it in the first place.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Then dropout ;tuneout and basicallylly don't listen. Tune into some other channel. Its gone on for ages ;where have you been?
I did dropout and tuneout for a few years actually. I just got sick of it all.

Now I want to be a bit active in trying to change the USA for the better. I want this nonsense to END. I want the people to rise above their opinionated ignorance and see things on a higher level.

It's getting too intense now. It's getting ridiculous. In most other countries the people just COOPERATE, because they have real partriotism and they have an economic nationalism. They know that for a rich and successful country, they must all work together.

Lots of people are beginning to see beyond this left vs. right idiocy. Lots of people can tell that much of this hype is manufactured by the media and it's all BS. More and more people are waking up. I am all about that.

I am an American. I want this country to come up out of the gutter. I want unity. I want a pleasant society. I want to be proud to be an American again, instead of feeling like American is a country on the verge of civil disorder.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:28 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,198,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Corporatism took America and bled it for every dime
What on earth are you talking about? Who do you think these evil corporations employ? Who do you think makes up these evil corporations? A corporation is nothing more than a business that has grown to a point where they incorporate. Nothing less; nothing more. No sinister plots, and no evil conspiracies.

Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why? Cause the left can't let the right live the way they want... and the right can't leave the left to live the way they want... why is it that people in America can't leave each other alone? They either have to steal, intimidate, or threaten the others to live the way "they" deem is okay... In the beginning it wasn't as bad... we won independence from England and it was a "live and let live" mentality as long as you didn't interfere with someone else's life... well then crooks, religious nuts, and activists took over... and then the rest was history... while we have been fighting with each other... the corporatists took the advantage and screwd both sides... Corporatism took America and bled it for every dime and we still are fighting against each other..
Exactly.

The REAL PROBLEM is corporatism. The REAL problem is a corrupt political system that has taken the power away from the people and put it into the hands of the ultra rich.

People need to stop letting the US government be their daddy. They need to realize that the Government works for us, we are not their slaves to toyed with. But right now, we are being toyed with.

These left vs. right arguements are small potatoes compared to the real problems. Left vs. right debates have gotton completely out of control and they are dominating the whole scene right now.

Wing but TV personalities are the most popular out there. There are very, very few moderate and sensible voices out there. It's all extreme anger and polarization. It's gotten out of hand. Many people aren't even looking beyond it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies