Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkWay View Post
The US already has a lower average IQ and is getting lower. Why?
I'm frankly surprised that it's that high. I would have guessed much lower. Apparently, there are a lot of really smart people somewhere that is boosting the "average" up considerably. I promise you, where I live, it can't possibly be above 60.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,243 times
Have you watched the movie Idiocracy?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Likely because of all the immigration into the USA from Africa and Latin America. Asians and Whites score the highest in IQ tests. These two groups combined account for less of a percentage of the population than in the past.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM

87 posts, read 279,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That is very good news for the politicians and corporate supervisors. More sheep for them to exploit.
Yes it is. Smart comment.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 PM

413 posts, read 562,149 times
There are many reasons but one big reason is immigration. The U.S. takes in more immigrants than the rest of the world combined and millioins of UNSKILLED AND UNEDUCATED illegal immigrants have been sneaking into the U.S. for decades. It's starting to show now.

Welcome to the Coalition for the Future American Worker

Old 10-06-2009, 11:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Well... duh..., think about it. How can I say this and stay PC... the Mensa grade intellects aren't reproducing enough to maintain numbers. Immigration of high level intellects has slowed to a trickle. Immigration of ... working class and below intellects is off the charts and they are reproducing. Like rabbits. Yep, by 203? the U.S. will be on the third line of that list.

H

Old 10-06-2009, 11:47 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times
Right wingers don't get all smug just yet.

Studies show liberals have higher IQ's than conservatives.

Pensito Review » Neuroscience Study: Smart Brains Have Liberal Bias

And 78% ashkenazi jews (who have the highest IQ's of all groups) in the USA voted for Obama...........LOL

Old 10-06-2009, 11:49 PM

87 posts, read 279,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yes/no View Post
There are many reasons but one big reason is immigration. The U.S. takes in more immigrants than the rest of the world combined and millioins of UNSKILLED AND UNEDUCATED illegal immigrants have been sneaking into the U.S. for decades. It's starting to show now.

Welcome to the Coalition for the Future American Worker

This is very true as well. Although IQ isn't a learning thing. People with a high IQ are born with it (obviously it takes years for a person to develop and mature.) You CANNOT 'become' a genius. It is completely up to DNA how utterly average or unbelievably extraodinary your capacity for thinking is going to be. But a potential genius can waste there ability obviously.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,764,351 times
What is Pensito Review? Is that a journal specific to the field of Neuroscience (like the journal titled Neuroscience or Nature Neuroscience)?

Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Likely because of all the immigration into the USA from Africa and Latin America. Asians and Whites score the highest in IQ tests. These two groups combined account for less of a percentage of the population than in the past.
Hey, be careful where you throw those opinions. I've never met a dumb African yet. Neither have I met anyone from South America who was stupid. Scoring high on an IQ test is as much a test of acquired culture and trivia as raw candlepower. Most first generation Asians would not do so well, its their second generation offspring that peg the smartsmeter. Am I saying there aren't any simple Africans? No, I am saying they are not a significant component of Africans that emigrate to America.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies