Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 AM

301 posts, read 208,852 times

Advertisements

Now that Obama has reached 56% approval, will he reach 60%+ once healthcare passes especially now that it has bi-partisan support?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Ga...-Approval.aspx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 12:51 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,737,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
Now that Obama has reached 56% approval, will he reach 60%+ once healthcare passes especially now that it has bi-partisan support?

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
Well let's think about that. The so-called health care reform does not kick in until 2013. On the other hand the taxes to pay for those "reforms" kick in as soon as the bill is enacted into law. Which fact, do you suppose, will have the most immediate impact on his approval ratings?

Old 10-13-2009, 12:54 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,856,436 times
lmbo @ 1 republican vote is now considered bi partisan support

Old 10-13-2009, 12:57 PM

8,637 posts, read 9,153,405 times
Something bothers me about the date-2013. This is a re-election deflection move if you ask me and raises a red flag. As much as I rail against the current healthcare delivery system, I still distrust the federal government in running anything.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Well let's think about that. The so-called health care reform does not kick in until 2013. On the other hand the taxes to pay for those "reforms" kick in as soon as the bill is enacted into law. Which fact, do you suppose, will have the most immediate impact on his approval ratings?
I think the fact the public support for reform is now overwhelming coupled with the lack of an alternative by reform opponents, his approval will continue to rise. It's at 56% and healthcare has not yet passed. I think that we're seeing the election cycle all over again. People tried desperately to tear Obama down personally but he continued to stay steady and on message and most Americans like and approve of that type of leadership. Substance usually wins out and in this case the opponents have not shown any while Obama continues to edge closer to acheiving his stated goals. In the end, Americans love being on the winning team and I think his approval ratings will continue to show that.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I think the fact the public support for reform is now overwhelming coupled with the lack of an alternative by reform opponents, his approval will continue to rise. It's at 56% and healthcare has not yet passed. I think that we're seeing the election cycle all over again. People tried desperately to tear Obama down personally but he continued to stay steady and on message and most Americans like and approve of that type of leadership. Substance usually wins out and in this case the opponents have not shown any while Obama continues to edge closer to acheiving his stated goals. In the end, Americans love being on the winning team and I think his approval ratings will continue to show that.
So you think when Americans are paying more out of their pocket Obamas approval rating will go up? How is paying more a winning team?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:04 PM

136 posts, read 462,728 times
Let's wait and see what actually passes. If it is as bad as some are leading us to believe, then once people really understand it, Obama's (and congress'es) ratings could go down, not up.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So you think when Americans are paying more out of their pocket Obamas approval rating will go up? How is paying more a winning team?
Who says Americans will be paying more out of their pockets? Where is that in the legislation..Also, most Americans want reform.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:07 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
You forget that the majority of American's have health insurance and are happy with it. When those millions of people see their insurance premiums rise due to the healthcare reform bill, Obama's approval ratings will decrease, and Democrats will lose in the polls. How much do you want to wager on this?

Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Who says Americans will be paying more out of their pockets? Where is that in the legislation..Also, most Americans want reform.
Do you not know the amount of tax increases in this healthcare bill? How do you think Obamacare is going to be paid for? Its not free
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies