Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:54 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Speaking about the health care bill:

"I would end up voting for it," he said. "As leader, I would take heat for it. ... That's what leadership is all about."

Bill Frist on Health Bill: I’d Vote For It - Swampland - TIME.com

He goes on to make some reasoned criticisms of the present bill and even some advice for the administration:
"The first few years are likely to be rough, he predicts. States will be struggling to set up new marketplaces for insurance coverage, their medicaid rolls will grow, taxes will go up, and consumers will not yet see the benefits. "The Republicans will go wild," using the start-up difficulties as a tool for fundraising and for making their case in the next election,"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 11:42 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Wow, its amazing the voice of sanity in the Republican Party is Bill Frist. The man, afterall, is a doctor who puts politics in front of medicine, and will say the most ridiculous things to appeal to the rightwing base (Terri Schiavo?)

I'm finding it hard to believe how anyone can support a party that is in lockstep in denying affordable healthcare to America, then I remember these people vote with an immutable belief that the Dumbing Down of America is a good thing.

If Bill Frist had any testicular fortitude he would have spoken out, but he has none

Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Someone must be paying Frist a chunk of money. Why would anyone in their right mind support this?

CNSNews.com - Finance Committee Democrat Won’t Read Text of Health Bill, Says Anyone Who Claims They’ll Understand It ‘Is Trying to Pull the Wool Over Our Eyes’ (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/54930 - broken link)

Finance Committee Democrat Won’t Read Text of Health Bill, Says Anyone Who Claims They’ll Understand It ‘Is Trying to Pull the Wool Over Our Eyes’

(CNSNews.com) - Sen. Thomas Carper (D.-Del.), a member of the Senate Finance Committee, told CNSNews.com that he does not “expect” to read the actual legislative language of the committee’s health care bill because it is “confusing” and that anyone who claims they are going to read it and understand it is fooling people.

“I don’t expect to actually read the legislative language because reading the legislative language is among the more confusing things I’ve ever read in my life,” Carper told CNSNews.com.

Carper described the type of language the actual text of the bill would finally be drafted in as "arcane," "confusing," "hard stuff to understand," and "incomprehensible." He likened it to the "gibberish" used in credit card disclosure forms.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:52 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,449,100 times
It's easy for Frist to look rational ... he's not a Republican in Congress!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Someone must be paying Frist a chunk of money. Why would anyone in their right mind support this?
Yes of course, what was I thinking!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
You have to ask yourself what is hidden in this "gibberish" that know one can understand and they do not want the public to see.

We already know hussein obama surrounds hmself with criminals and con men so nothing should be trusted coming from this administration.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You have to ask yourself what is hidden in this "gibberish"
I don't know but I always ask that question when I read one of your posts.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM

206 posts, read 195,864 times
I agree, the OP is right- the current Republican party has veered into the never-world of right wing extremism.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Looks like Frist is on board for the coming "great reapproachment". He must have gotten the memo.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
I believe that more Republicans would support a Public Option if they weren't part of the "let's get Obama" gang. We've seen what happens when one of them strays outside the pack.

However, knowing that Frist said "I'd vote for it" worries me, even if he is no longer in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies