Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 03:29 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,640,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
They make them up so they can keep believing that black people are dangerous animals and should all be locked away in cages...not all of them of course...just the dangerous ones...and the really smart ones...but not the actors...or pro-athletes...at least not while they're playing.

I hope that I never run across any of these people in real life because if anyone ever tells my son he is more likely to go to jail than college I will be on national news for having snatched somebody's tongue out and hanging them with it.

See? Black people are violent!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 PM

97 posts, read 116,832 times
[quote=tb4000;11157170]How about we all just stay away from white people, and you guys stay away from us. Problemo solved.

quote]Are you try to say we should segegate ourselves from each other?

Old 10-12-2009, 03:38 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How interesting. I just received the following private message from someone here:
You have some nerve talking about the supposed genetic causation of black behavior when you are a gay man who engages in "behaviors" just as appalling, if not moreso to the American populace.

You're a racist and an embarrassment to gay people everywhere.
I told the individual that my statement is based on science and that I'm sorry if he (or she) doesn't like it.

I really don't even understand this line of thinking, but I've come across it several times here. It seems to go something like this: Because my sexual orientation is disliked by some, I have no right to say anything critical about other groups.

I wonder if the people with that view realize that they are hypocrites. They're criticizing me for observing a genetic and cultural difference between racial groups, yet they're obviously bigoted toward those who aren't 100% heterosexual. They're essentially saying that heterosexuals have more of a right to make critical comments about other groups than homosexuals and bisexuals.

Very interesting.
First off, let's see what we DO know and what we DON'T. We DO know that there are genes that dictate behavoir. However, we also DO know that these genes are not race specific. We also know that genes that dictate behavior are also dictated by environment.

What we don't know. Concerning sexuality, we don't understand the genetic component. Imaging shows that homosexual male brains display some characteristics of the female brain. We do not know whether is is caused by brain plasticity or not (thus, environment).

As a bisexual, I understand some of the "struggle" (not too much, since everyone has been understanding and it has not been a HUGE issue). As a biopsych, history, and soc minor, I understand that there immense complexities of the brain.

Behaviorial genetic components are more a product of environment. Neither is it tied to race. So maybe your post wasn't racist, but rather out of ignorance concerning the scientific literature.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Thanks, Reelist. I couldn't have said it better myself.
Look, simply put...your post was racist. I don't how you act around other cultures or races...but I do know that you attributed this behavior solely on race.

You didn't take into consideration other causes. You didn't take into consideration the implications of your actions. Thus, it this makes your post a racist post.

I could write a post on "Why are there so many white teen a-holes"...but that's racist. I didn't look into the causes and the history behind it. I didn't look at all things considered.

So understand that you may be a great person in real life, but as a "Black" male (I don't know how to describe mixed race)...it's offensive.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:44 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Behaviorial genetic components are more a product of environment.
That's why I said that the behavior of black teen "thugs" is both genetic and cultural. I believe that all of us are products of our genetics and of our environments. It's not "nature versus nurture"; it's both.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That's why I said that the behavior of black teen "thugs" is both genetic and cultural. I believe that all of us are products of our genetics and of our environments. It's not "nature versus nurture"; it's both.
Okay, it's NOT genetic on a racial level. Only on a personal level. Maybe I wasn't too clear. Thus, one Black person is quite unassertive, and another is highly agressive. We know, for a fact, that with several neurological and psychological tests...a great thanks to all the wonderful professors at UCSB...that the range of behaviors found in various races is the same. There is no "aggressive" race or "docile" race. These are SOLELY constructs and not fact. There are only aggressive people and docile people, not entire "races" (which in itself is a social construct).

Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,121 times
Quote:
Look, simply put...your post was racist. I don't how you act around other cultures or races...but I do know that you attributed this behavior solely on race.

You didn't take into consideration other causes. You didn't take into consideration the implications of your actions. Thus, it this makes your post a racist post.

I could write a post on "Why are there so many white teen a-holes"...but that's racist. I didn't look into the causes and the history behind it. I didn't look at all things considered.

So understand that you may be a great person in real life, but as a "Black" male (I don't know how to describe mixed race)...it's offensive.
Statistics are not racist. Young black males make up a very small percentage of the population. Young black males commit over 50% of the crime in the USA. My post shares an example (one of many I personally have had) of an encounter with angry, menacing young black males. I ask "why"? Predictably, I'm labeled a racist. It may make you feel good to attack me, but it changes nothing. It doesn't change the statistics. It doesn't change the facts on the ground. It doesn't change anyone's opinions. Truthfully, most of the defensive and attacking posters here are just exactly like Jesse Jackson, who, if they were honest, would say they feel relieved to look behind them on a dark night and see that the footsteps they hear are coming from a white man and not a black man.

Be honest. It's the first step toward cooperative solutions.

While all races have their criminal element, and their life choices that are destructive (teen pregnancy, drug use, broken families, etc), the black community is far more frequently affected by these things and far less resilient in bouncing back.

Posters here have invited me to go visit Stormfront. That is not who I am, though I don't bother to dignify those posts with comment because honestly, I really don't care anymore what those kind of "haters" think. They need to believe I'm the enemy because it fits into their world view. I appreciate your giving me at least the possibility that I could be a nice person -- thanks for that. So I'm going the extra mile to explain to you. I don't hate all blacks or think they are all criminals, but I DO think that as a group, they are plagued by an inordinate number of problems and they are deliberately making choices that are reinforcing racist stereotypes. They are their own worst enemy, in other words. Generalizations and stereotypes will continue as long as a significant portion of a population continues to do the behavior that gets them stereotyped and generalized about in the first place (again, small percentage of black males in the population who create large percentage of total crime - that is shocking, attention-getting, and worthy of being discussed). It's really as simple as that. Angry and defensive blacks can browbeat the White Cracker all they want, but impressions of black people will not change until black people change. It is further damaging when blacks who do not fit these negative stereotypes defend and champion the ones who do, or worse, deny that any problems exist, or that "black problems" are no different from the problems of other races. That is just simply not true, and it's glaringly obvious (to everyone, actually, which makes the denials just so bizarre to me.)

There is also the issue of black racism, which is what was at play in my unfortunate encounter the other night. I doubt seriously if these kids would have shouted those obscenities to a middle aged black married couple. What do you think? Black racism never gets discussed seriously on any level in our society, whether by city data posters or college professors or the Atty General.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:13 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,298,846 times
Quote:
First off, let's see what we DO know and what we DON'T. We DO know that there are genes that dictate behavoir. However, we also DO know that these genes are not race specific. We also know that genes that dictate behavior are also dictated by environment.
Now wait a minute. The various races differ significantly in appearence. That is due mostly to genes. The various races differ in resistance to disease. That is due mostly to genes. But for some reason you think that the differences in emotions and behavior are not the result of genes at all. Yet the emotions and behavior difference between men and women is significant and it is affected by genes.

Your thinking is a bit naive here, my friend. The emotions and behavior of the various races do differ as do the emotions and behavior of the various ethnic groups within each race. Nature and nurture both play a role and the significant contribution of genes cannot be ignored.

- Reel

Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,803,646 times
Quote:
Tonight I was walking with my husband in what used to be a good neighborhood and there were four black teen thugs in a bus stop jumping out into traffic causing people to slam on their brakes, then they would run back and throw themselves into the glass trying to break the glass of the bus shelter. As we passed they yelled several times "Come see my big black . I got a big black . You wan' it?"

We called the police but by the time they got there, the thugs had slinked off to make someone else's night miserable.

Come to find out, there is Section 8 housing right near there so this is where these losers live. So much for putting them in a white middle class neighborhood to "give them a chance."

I'm really sick of being a victim of black hatred and having to read or hear incessant crap about white-on-black racism. As long as people deny that there is an exorbitant number of black teen thugs, nothing will be done about the problem. It will only escalate.

Because kids who know ,fact certain , that society neither needs them or wants them and never will,save for cannon fodder, tend to act out.

Pretty simple really, should be obvious to anyone of normal intelligence.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:22 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,200,356 times
Quote:
Easy to blame the government or conservatives or "poverty," but much harder to say to a group of people "start respecting yourselves and others, marry your females, raise your children, work hard, practice a faith, rise above, take responsibility for yourselves and your children."
So apparently, women are possessions of men and non-religious people are untrustworthy.

This is really the model those young chaps should follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies