Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,081,127 times

Advertisements

I have moved in and out of the USA a few times.

Every time I move into the US, I fall into a state of fatique, mental fogginess and apathy. Often with mild depression and anti-social tendencies.

When I go to other countries, it's like I suddenly wake up and feel much more happy, full of energy and sharp minded. Suddenly i'm the life of the party and full of animated energy.

I used to think it was a psychological thing. Just the fact that I am excited to be in foreign countries having adventures changed my attitude. But the more I experience it, the more I start to think it's a physical phenomenon as well. There is something in the USA that makes me feel bad physically.

Maybe there is something in the food, water, or air in the USA? Maybe there is something in all three? Maybe it's being done on purpose? Personally I do not trust the government enough to say that they would not poison us on purpose. I believe that they most certainly would do it.

There are lots of conspiracy theories out there about the government intentionally poisoning the citizens. There are the chemtrails theories, there are theories that they are doping the water and many food products as well. True perhaps?

It's known that the CIA in the 50's and 60's was very interested in mind control, population control and behavior modification of people. And this was half a century ago. Maybe we are now seeing the results?

Anyone else notice this? Any international travelers out there get this feeling of health nd vitality when leaving the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,742,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaBear View Post
I have moved in and out of the USA a few times.

Every time I move into the US, I fall into a state of fatique, mental fogginess and apathy. Often with mild depression and anti-social tendencies.

When I go to other countries, it's like I suddenly wake up and feel much more happy, full of energy and sharp minded. Suddenly i'm the life of the party and full of animated energy.

I used to think it was a psychological thing. Just the fact that I am excited to be in foreign countries having adventures changed my attitude. But the more I experience it, the more I start to think it's a physical phenomenon as well. There is something in the USA that makes me feel bad physically.

Maybe there is something in the food, water, or air in the USA? Maybe there is something in all three? Maybe it's being done on purpose? Personally I do not trust the government enough to say that they would not poison us on purpose. I believe that they most certainly would do it.

There are lots of conspiracy theories out there about the government intentionally poisoning the citizens. There are the chemtrails theories, there are theories that they are doping the water and many food products as well. True perhaps?

It's known that the CIA in the 50's and 60's was very interested in mind control, population control and behavior modification of people. And this was half a century ago. Maybe we are now seeing the results?

Anyone else notice this? Any international travelers out there get this feeling of health nd vitality when leaving the US?
Really every time I left the US I'd be sick untill I got home.....not counting the hangovers or standing in the clap line

Old 10-15-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Really every time I left the US I'd be sick untill I got home.....not counting the hangovers or standing in the clap line
Let me guess, Thailand or Mexico?

I usually stay away from the major party places like that.

But seriously. I moved out of the USA a few weeks ago and I feel like a new man. My body is full of energy and happiness again and my mind feels as sharp as a razor. I definitely think we are being poisoned somehow in the US. I can feel it.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,811,869 times
I don't think it is a matter of poisoning, I think it is probably just our diet. In a way you could say to some extent we are poisoning ourselves but not intentionally. Other countries eat much healthier, a well known fact. It is interesting that you bring up how this affects your attitude. I use to compare us to like third world countries and stuff and think overall we are a pretty happy bunch but after hearing a while back just how we stack up it was frightening.Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster I wonder if changing our diet would make us happier there by making us nicer. How much are we willing to work though to change our diet to make us healthier and happier and who all would get on board? We could start on an individual basis, but it would be a stronger cause if the government worked with the FDA more as far as fast food regulations and hormones in meat go. These are the two big culprits for me. Someone was telling me about a visit to a chicken farm and how they all had these huge tumors on them. Yea, we eat that chicken and how do those cells affect us? I don't know, but it doesn't sound good. I previously linked our violent nature to the media and how I once heard we are one of the only countries that neglects the fact we have a dark side, 'don't tell people it's right in front of them and they'll never see it' but this is neat to think of how our diets could have much more to do with it than I have given credit to. It would be easier to change the way people eat than rework our whole collective philosophy and media system.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Let me guess, Thailand or Mexico?

I usually stay away from the major party places like that.

But seriously. I moved out of the USA a few weeks ago and I feel like a new man. My body is full of energy and happiness again and my mind feels as sharp as a razor. I definitely think we are being poisoned somehow in the US. I can feel it.
where did you move?

Old 10-15-2009, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
where did you move?
An undisclosed location in Northeast Asia.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 AM

"
Asian Diet Pyramid
The Asian Diet Pyramid, second in a series on the public health implication of traditional diets, represents a traditional, healthy Asian diet and is based on a generalized summary of the traditional healthy diets of Asian populations. Eating in Asia is often closely identified with religious practices or long-standing customs, and the recording of these dietary patterns is an excellent source of information and culinary inspiration. The data makes clear that peoples who ate traditional Asian diets had low rates of chronic disease common in Western countries.

Rice provides 25 to 80 percent of the calories in the daily diet of 2.7 billion Asians, and is the world's number one food crop. Traditional, regional Indian diets have emerged with rice, wheat and millet-based menus. A recognition of trends over the last twenty years toward the westernization of the diet in larger and medium-sized Chinese city populations has led to the formulation of policies to encourage maintenance of the traditional Chinese dietary pattern. This pattern, found in the Asian Diet Pyramid, has plant food constitutes the main body of the diet with moderate amounts of animal products, and an increase in the variety of food."Asian Diet Pyramid (http://www.oldwayspt.org/asian_pyramid.html - broken link)

Maybe it's because we don't have a strong link with custom and/or religion with food in the US?

Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 AM

871 posts, read 1,633,262 times
Quote:
I don't think it is a matter of poisoning, I think it is probably just our diet. In a way you could say to some extent we are poisoning ourselves but not intentionally. Other countries eat much healthier, a well known fact. It is interesting that you bring up how this affects your attitude. I use to compare us to like third world countries and stuff and think overall we are a pretty happy bunch but after hearing a while back just how we stack up it was frightening.Total crimes statistics - countries compared - NationMaster I wonder if changing our diet would make us happier there by making us nicer. How much are we willing to work though to change our diet to make us healthier and happier and who all would get on board? We could start on an individual basis, but it would be a stronger cause if the government worked with the FDA more as far as fast food regulations and hormones in meat go. These are the two big culprits for me. Someone was telling me about a visit to a chicken farm and how they all had these huge tumors on them. Yea, we eat that chicken and how do those cells affect us? I don't know, but it doesn't sound good. I previously linked our violent nature to the media and how I once heard we are one of the only countries that neglects the fact we have a dark side, 'don't tell people it's right in front of them and they'll never see it' but this is neat to think of how our diets could have much more to do with it than I have given credit to. It would be easier to change the way people eat than rework our whole collective philosophy and media system.
very good insight on this one. diet would also affect your type of energy and what you exude consciously. then there is the collective energy and people end up absorbing that as well and it affects them so it becomes an 'atmosphere' or 'vibe' and a revolving cycle. or some places and atmospheres may just not fit you personally or appeal to you.

definitely the cultural energies in different places ARE different for various reasons but diet does play a role in that as well as we are all organic and exude energies into the environment.

i think that's why even now america has a more newage energy than before which in some ways a lot more liberating on a certain level whereas before it was more claustrophobic. this is though a perception which would be moot depending on exactly what one is looking for or attracted to or if it's perceived as the antithesis of themselves.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM

Quote:
"
Asian Diet Pyramid
The Asian Diet Pyramid, second in a series on the public health implication of traditional diets, represents a traditional, healthy Asian diet and is based on a generalized summary of the traditional healthy diets of Asian populations. Eating in Asia is often closely identified with religious practices or long-standing customs, and the recording of these dietary patterns is an excellent source of information and culinary inspiration. The data makes clear that peoples who ate traditional Asian diets had low rates of chronic disease common in Western countries.

Rice provides 25 to 80 percent of the calories in the daily diet of 2.7 billion Asians, and is the world's number one food crop. Traditional, regional Indian diets have emerged with rice, wheat and millet-based menus. A recognition of trends over the last twenty years toward the westernization of the diet in larger and medium-sized Chinese city populations has led to the formulation of policies to encourage maintenance of the traditional Chinese dietary pattern. This pattern, found in the Asian Diet Pyramid, has plant food constitutes the main body of the diet with moderate amounts of animal products, and an increase in the variety of food."Asian Diet Pyramid (http://www.oldwayspt.org/asian_pyramid.html - broken link)

Maybe it's because we don't have a strong link with custom and/or religion with food in the US?
This is not it.

Just because I am in Asia that does not mean I am eating rice and veggies all day. I'm still eating pizza, donuts and other stuff like that. Although I do eat the local food for 1 or 2 meals per day, there is plenty of western food here these days.

And back in the US I shopped at health food stores all the time and ate organic usually. I didn't eat that typical American diet that is similar to a powerlifter trying to bulk up.

There is something else to it. If it's the food, then there must be some funky chemicals in the US food.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:27 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,303,874 times
Quote:
An undisclosed location in Northeast Asia.
Why on Earth would you be secretive about the location you moved to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies