Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferyT View Post
Palin was announced here in suburban Dayton and she is quite popular in this area (Southwest Ohio). So I think she certainly does have a political future should she decide to pursue one. In a lot of ways she represents the "real American", warts and all. Maybe more like Joe Biden, believe it or not, than Hilary and Obama.
"Real American"?? This is why basically Republicans have become extinct from the coasts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 02:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, she needs to come up with something constructive like "hope" and "change". That will solve all the nation's problems.

...and using fear mongering and lies will?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
"Real American"?? This is why basically Republicans have become extinct from the coasts.
I agree. It's like the people who say Obama isn't Christian. Do you remember when people who were against the Iraq war were called unpatriotic?

Old 10-16-2009, 02:37 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Someone should ask the real Americans up along the Yukon delta how Palin represented them last winter ...

Old 10-16-2009, 02:39 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yeah, she needs to come up with something constructive like "hope" and "change". That will solve all the nation's problems.

The reason she is concerned about Obama is that he's an idiot.
The first word that came to mind was "irony".

Old 10-16-2009, 02:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,926,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The first word that came to mind was "irony".
Yes. I'm trying to figure out when education became something negative in this country. I think I'm intelligent and I have a college education, but I'm the first one to admit I have no idea how to run a country and wouldn't want someone "just like me" to be in the White House.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

By our nation does she mean Alaska, she is a secessionist
No, she isn't. Where do you people come up with this stuff? Because she spoke at an AIP meeting? Ten percent of the voters in Alaska are members of that political party; she was simply pandering to that for personal gain.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But I don't. In fact, I don't think she will run in 2012, nor do I think she should. It is obama and the Left that put her on a pedestal - responding to every utterance and criticism.
Are you kidding? You have started multiple threads on her recently! you don't criticize her. You grab on to any positive thing that is said about her and repeat it over and over throughout your posts. YOU. PALIN. PEDESTAL.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The liberals and the WH put her there when they respond to her missives, whether about obama or another national issue, like energy independence.

If you don't think she is worthy, I suggest you not post in threads about her.

There are some that appreciate being kept abreast of her "moves".
there is a difference between commenting, and putting someone on a pedestal. First of all, I don't see the WH giving her a lot of attention. Secondly, if they do, it is not positive attention, it is negative. Dems on this forum may comment on her, but it is not in a positive way, thus would not be considered "putting her up on a pedestal" (i.e. holding her in high regard). duh.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:11 PM

"set or put on a pedestal, to glorify; idealize: When we first became engaged each of us set the other on a pedestal."

Put on a pedestal Definition | Definition of Put on a pedestal at Dictionary.com

obviously, it is not the dems who are doing that.

Old 10-16-2009, 05:01 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,204,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
When conservatives said that Palin was quitting her job in Alaska to take more of a national focus, liberals jumped up and down proclaiming that we'd never hear from her again, she was going to go off to shameville..

WRONG again..
Palin...going off to shameville? Palin is the mayor of Dumbsville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies