Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 06:19 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times

Advertisements

I just read about this young Jewish Israeli teenager and was very impressed by her courage and determination.
Like every high-school graduate in Israel she was supposed to join the army for some time according to the law, but she refused to because she does not approve of her country's policies and militaristic nature. She calls herself a pacifist, went to the West Bank looking for the so-called enemies, and could not find them, instead she protested together with like-minded people and Palestinians against the occupation. She speaks out against the Jewish settlements, the wall, and the brainwashing on the part of Israeli politicians and the military.
She knows she will soon have to go to jail for some time because of her decision, but she is willing to do so. And there are more and more supporters, but also so-called friends who are now turning against her, calling her traitor. Others tell her she has not right to live in Israel and should be deported to Gaza.

I am proud of her and others like her, such as Or Ben-David, who is already in jail because of that

Old 01-15-2010, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Why are governments so stupid they have to persecute people like her? If I were an Israeli, I would not want to serve in the Likud’s Zionist tyranny either. IMHO she is right and they are wrong.

Old 01-15-2010, 06:52 AM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,400 times
I actually like the idea of mandatory service to one's country. Just not mandatory "military" service.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:12 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I actually like the idea of mandatory service to one's country. Just not mandatory "military" service.
I don't like mandatory anything, adults should decide for themselves what they do and don't do. If a service makes sense, there will be enough volunteers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies