Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Anita Dunn listed Mao as one of her top 2 favorite philosophers; should she be fired?
Yes;why the heck is a an outspoken advocate of a brutal communist dictator working in the WH? 44 65.67%
No; she should be allowed to admire Mao, Hiltler, Stalin, Dahmer, etc. Free speech, y'know? 23 34.33%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,242,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1974 View Post
I know that . No one talking about her. It's what she said about Mao that is the subject. Nice to see you can defend a communist or are you one too?
Shucks, why dont you say "Nice to see you can defend a nun, or are you one too"?

As pointed out earlier, she quotes both even-handedly. (I know "no one"'s talking about Mother Teresa. Glenn wouldnt have made news with you if he had, would he?)

Did you ever get around to reading a transcript of what Anita Dunn actually said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 08:22 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,077,218 times
Quote:
Quoting Mao and calling Mao your favorite are two diifferent things.
LOL, I love it; "that's different".

Mea culpa on the video.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
LOL, I love it; "that's different".

Mea culpa on the video.
also, "No one's talking about" Mother Teresa. Well, of course not!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:24 AM

294 posts, read 413,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Shucks, why dont you say "Nce to see you can defend a nun, or are you one too"?

As pointed out earlier, she quotes both even-handedly. (I know "no one"'s talking about Mother Teresa. Glenn wouldnt have made news with you if he had, would he?)

Did you ever get around to reading a transcript of what Anita Dunn actually said?
I see you failed to anwser the question? Yes I have see the whole speech.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:34 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,956,404 times
Her right to say her Opinion is a given right .. the folks who cry commie are just control freaks with a need for lock step from all members of our society but themselves they like the solid whump of boots goose stepping down main street

in all this bluster and whoopy-do ya'll forgot this .. ...

Bill of Rights

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;

Old 10-17-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
Her right to say her Opinion is a given right .. the folks who cry commie are just control freaks with a need for lock step from all members of our society but themselves they like the solid whump of boots goose stepping down main street

in all this bluster and whoopy-do ya'll forgot this .. ...

Bill of Rights

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press;
You use freedom of speech to defend a communist. Mao would be proud.Then call people who are againist communism facists. Communism is at odds with are why of life.but you defend it with our way.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
You use freedom of speech to defend a communist. Mao would be proud.Then call people who are againist communism facists. Communism is at odds with are why of life.but you defend it with our way.
Yup, that "freedom of speech" business is a pret-ty slippery slope. I think some communist snuck it in when The Founders werent looking.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Yup, that "freedom of speech" business is a pret-ty slippery slope. I think some communist snuck it in when The Founders werent looking.
Communism wasn't around in the time of the founding fathers. Freedom of speech isn't a communist idea look what china did to it's protesters in 1989 they shot them and ran them over with tanks. Think about that when your freedom of speech is gone.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Communism wasn't around in the time of the founding fathers. Freedom of speech isn't a communist idea look what china did to it's protesters in 1989 they shot them and ran them over with tanks. Think about that when your freedom of speech is gone.
Why do you keep obsessing about the Mao part, and not about the Mother Teresa part? As you know, she quoted both and said they were her "two favorite philosophers."

Is it because Glenn told you to panic -- Dunn = Mao! -- or what?

Did Atwater, Gingrich, Bush and Rove quote Mother Teresa half as much as they quoted Mao? Maybe in your research you could find that out.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Why do you keep obsessing about the Mao part, and not about the Mother Teresa part? As you know, she quoted both and said they were her "two favorite philosophers."

Is it because Glenn told you to panic -- Dunn = Mao! -- or what?

Did Atwater, Gingrich, Bush and Rove quote Mother Teresa half as much as they quoted Mao? Maybe in your research you could find that out.
I told you quoting and liking are two different things.Mother Teresa is not the subject. Why do you keep bringing her up. Is this your way of justifying a communist or your way of trying to deflect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies