Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:47 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here we go...blood thirsty war mongering, war profiteering, lying, chickenhawk Cheney spews and the right comes to attention. Dick had his chance and screwed the country to the point where we are stuck between a rock and a hard place in Afghanistan. Thank goodness Obama is being thoughtful and purposeful before sending more soldiers to their demise...over what? The foul and rotten rhetoric and BS that comes from Cheney's pie hole is as gross as what was regurgitated in The Exorcist.

Thank you history professor sickofnyc!

War profiteering?

Take it up with George Soros.

Soros buys Halliburton | FP Passport

"thoughtful and purposeful"?

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

We just called it weak, wishy-washy, cowardly, Carteresque indecisiveness. I guess I shouldn't be too hard on BO since he is a definable, dyed-in-the-wool follower in the most demanding leadership position in America. He has no one to follow and, consequently, no idea what to do.

Oh, and that silence you hear is BO not blaming Bush. I guess he didn't have anything to say beyond "for the past eight years...". Should be fun to watch him wiggle, squirm and "ugh" his way through the 2012 election cycle,..that is assuming we still have elections and he gets through the Democratic primaries with his retarded "hope and change" song and dance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 12:51 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,415,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When Obama has to sign the letters for the dead troops in Afgan on the day that he is raising money for the dnc or out campagining for the gov of NJ or even going to try and get the olympics.

Do you think he is going to feel a sense of guilt that he was doing those things that could have waited instead of being in the oval office making a decision on if he should have sent them help that might have prevented the death of the person he just signed a letter for?

I wonder if he is going to feel any guilt at all

I'm no psychiatrist, but I'm pretty sure megalomaniacs don't feel guilt.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:54 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,851,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You have not seen anything yet.

Cheney is going to go after him even more as time goes by.

Cheney knows he is screwing things up and putting us in a less safe position with his mistakes.

I just do not see Obama being able to handle all the pounding from people who actually know what is going on.

Cheney will eat Obama alive if he does not make the correct decision.

What goes around comes around and Cheney owes to loons a few punches.
I am sorry but is Cheney in an elected office now?

Cheney had eight years to flap his trap about the war in Afghanistan. They accomplished nothing there for those eight years because they diverted the resources and attention to an illegal war in Iraq. Where was all of his urgent concern then?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,718,032 times
Did I miss the part where Cheney's policies absolutely devastated our country? Where his war-mongering failed miserably?

No, I didn't. I can't believe anyone still puts stock in this man's opinion. He failed.

Sanrene - what happened to you over on the thread you started about 23 states rising unemployment? You were soundly disproven, as many pointed out that 27 states had unemployment rates drop or remain stable.

I guess you don't like good news about our nation. Pride is far more important, huh?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here we go...blood thirsty war mongering, war profiteering, lying, chickenhawk Cheney spews and the right comes to attention. Dick had his chance and screwed the country to the point where we are stuck between a rock and a hard place in Afghanistan. Thank goodness Obama is being thoughtful and purposeful before sending more soldiers to their demise...over what? The foul and rotten rhetoric and BS that comes from Cheney's pie hole is as gross as what was regurgitated in The Exorcist.

"Welcome to the Twilight zone"............What are you smoking now?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Yeah, we only watched the video, saw and heard the words come right out of her own mouth.

Wow! What a heinous crime. While he was in charge, the company made profits (which are miniscule by comparison to other big companies) and he had to layoff people - wow, now that's NEVER happened before.
Would this be how "trickle down economics" works?

Old 10-22-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When Obama has to sign the letters for the dead troops in Afgan on the day that he is raising money for the dnc or out campagining for the gov of NJ or even going to try and get the olympics.

Do you think he is going to feel a sense of guilt that he was doing those things that could have waited instead of being in the oval office making a decision on if he should have sent them help that might have prevented the death of the person he just signed a letter for?

I wonder if he is going to feel any guilt at all
Did Bush have to sign any "letters for the dead" troops in Iraq during his year long campaign for a second term?

Do you think Bush felt a sense of guilt that he could have waited to start an illegal war? Where was that smoking gun?

I wonder if Bush, or Cheney for that matter, feel any guilt at all!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:15 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,088,423 times
The only thing that Cheney is capable of pounding is... well ask Bob Dole.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz affair View Post
That man is back- and not a minute too soon-

come to think of it- in my visual knowledge of history, Cheney reminds me of Martin Bormann- all he needs is the uniform- and off we go-circa 1945.
Yeah, he is back just in time for Halloween!!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
"Welcome to the Twilight zone"............What are you smoking now?
Instead of wise cracks, which incidentally, are not really very wise, why don't you defend the maniac Cheney with facts, reason or logic? I suppose because you cannot muster any logical facts for defending this creature. I have noticed that only accusations, insults and weak attempts at sarcastic humor abounds when this subject comes up, but never any clear and concise facts as to how this sociopathic poor excuse for a man has done anything for anyone but himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies