Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times

Advertisements

Guess the DNC did pick the wrong person afterall, since the people did not have a choice.

Poll: Obama personal popularity at new low | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Poll-Obama-personal-popularity-at-new-low-64348707.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,383,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Guess the DNC did pick the wrong person afterall, since the people did not have a choice.

Poll: Obama personal popularity at new low | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Poll-Obama-personal-popularity-at-new-low-64348707.html - broken link)
I think Lil Wayne is more popular than Obama too - the Carter III sold over 3 million copies. Bet Obama can't do that

Old 10-15-2009, 12:30 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,259,142 times
Perhaps, Hillary's poll numbers are higher than Obama's, because she not yet made any unpopular decisions or had to defend those decisions. For example, anyone have an idea what Hillary's poll numbers were when she tried to reform health care during the Clinton administration? LOL
Clip:
It's possible too that there's a gendered explanation, as is all too often the case when it comes to Clinton. Perhaps the public is simply more comfortable seeing Hillary in a support role rather than as a principal. When she plays the role of loyal adviser and hard-working team player, her ratings spike. When she's out in front, being the primary advocate on an issue (health care, for example), words like shrill and b***h get recklessly applied. It's always been an interesting problem for Clinton. People like to see her toughness when she's in a role as administration stalwart, Bush critic, or legislator, but God forbid she act that way as a primary candidate.* *
Clinton Poll Numbers Reinforce The Same Old Narrative - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

Old 10-15-2009, 12:31 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Hillary would be less popular is she were president. It is an occupational hazard.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM

537 posts, read 292,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Yes

Old 10-15-2009, 02:57 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
"Shame on you Barack Obama!"

That's what Hillary said at one of the nastier debates between the two Presidential candidates last year when Obama claimed his health care proposal would cover every American. Hillary countered that his health care proposal would actually leave out about 15 million people.

Guess what? The Senate Finance healthcare bill expands healthcare coverage to 94% of all eligible Americans, meaning it does not cover approximately 18 million people. Say what you want, but Hillary was right about Barack Obama.

I may not like Hillary Clinton (at all), but i'd reconcile that she's a hell of a lot smarter and 100 times more experienced than Barack Obama. She called him out on healthcare, and i'd wager that she's quietly disagreeing with the President on nearly every policy he's ineptly put forth.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:08 PM

436 posts, read 874,603 times
She need serious training on two things:
1/. Speech skill
2/. get out of shadow of Mr.Clinton

Old 10-15-2009, 03:12 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,219,485 times
They're both still very popular.

And conservatives want to think they're not.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:16 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,930,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemeatball View Post
She need serious training on two things:
1/. Speech skill
2/. get out of shadow of Mr.Clinton
She will never get out of Bill's shadow. He has more personal magnetism than any other politician today ..... and I include Obama.

When Hillary was running against Obama, a wealthy New York Dem decided to do a fundraiser for her with the donation being the max an individual can donate (cannot remember the number but around $4.2k I think). Bill was going to be at the fund raiser. One of the guys in our office was helping to organize it and my colleagues - especially the women - were fighting each other to get an invite ... money no object!

Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
I <3 Hillary Clinton.

It was very tough for me when it came between choosing Obama or Clinton. I decided that whoever the Democrats put out, I would vote for.

Obama 2012 and Hillary 2016!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies