Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 07:11 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
So I should listent to lying Rachel Maddow tell me why I shouldn't trust another network? Laughable.
It's like listening to Citgo say that Exxon sells watered down gas... Like K-Mart saying Wal-Mart eats children... Like Burger King saying McDonalds is unhealthy... Some people just have no ability to think rationally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 07:12 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
One irrefutable undeniable fact:

Fox "News" has promoted, orchestrated, and supported largescale protests against the current administration for purely political reasons. They've appointed themselves as keepers of the Republican flame. No news organization has ever pulled such a blatantly partisan stunt.

No matter how often they repeat their motto "fair and balanced", no one with more than two brain cells still firing will buy their baloney.

Fox News is tabloid journalism, nothing more.
Are you kidding? The other networks blatantly promoted Obama and the Democratic agenda throughout the entire campaign process. Why is it that the Fox bashers want to bury their head in the sand when it comes to the liberal media?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:15 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? The other networks blatantly promoted Obama and the Democratic agenda throughout the entire campaign process. Why is it that the Fox bashers want to bury their head in the sand when it comes to the liberal media?
It's the most prominent symptom of a successful indoctrination...

Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

The story Rather was pursuing wasn't false. Bush's guard service was dismal. That's been common knowledge for years. The document he presented proved to be phony. As a result, Rather was fired from his post at CBS.

Who has been released from Fox News for their bogosity?

Their premier liar-in-chief at present appears to be Glen Beck...

He said that no other President had never been sworn into office without a Bible. He said he 'checked'.
He either did not check or checked up his arsegraped butt because he's lying. John Qunicy Adams used a law book. Franklin Pierce didn't even swear. He affirmed. Teddy Roosevelt used no Bible. Several Presidents kissed a Bible but did not swear on one.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con…
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/pihtml/pinot…

Beck lie.

Glenn Beck lied when he said recently that $1.4 million of stimulus momey was used to repair a door at Dyess AFB. The doors repaired were aircraft hangar doors and the cost was not $1.4 million.
The cost was $246000 out of $1.4 million in repairs funding.

Beck lie.

Of course, we all know about him being called out as a liar by Whoopi and Barbara Walters.

I only did a few minutes' reserach, as I said...but it's quite clear that Beck is exposed as a liar.

My favourite though, is Beck going on about how compassionate he'd become after being failed by the expensive private health system last year when he got his dangling arsegrapes removed, said he was all suicidal...boo hoo...and only a couple of weeks ago screamed like an effete banshee at a woman on his radio show.

Edit: I was having such fun looking at what a liar Glenn Beck is I thought I'd find some more:

In June Beck lied when he said that the US was the ONLY country that had a natural birthright provision. Here is the list of other countries that do:
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/… (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/issues/birthright-citizenship/nations-observing-birthright-citizenship.html - broken link)

Ooopsie doodle, Beck lie.

Glenn Beck lied when he said that the director of White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."
This one is so good I'll just give you the link:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/…

Hey, if I find any more I'll let you know. I'll bet there are PLENTY. I don't give a **** if the guy is passionate, he has a responsibility to check facts and make sure that the information he is disseminating is not poisoning people's minds. Look at the goofballs who think he's a Stay-Puft saint. The guy is a screaming ******* nutcase.

Why do people say Glenn Beck lies... what has he lied about? - Yahoo! Answers

No real news agency would have a spittle-spewing demagogue like Beck on their staff and try to keep up the facade of being "fair and balanced."

If Fox appeals to your point of view, then by all means keep tuning in. But don't fool yourself into thinking that you're getting straight news.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Are you kidding?
No. Are you?

Quote:
The other networks blatantly promoted Obama and the Democratic agenda throughout the entire campaign process.
Prove it.

Quote:
Why is it that the Fox bashers want to bury their head in the sand when it comes to the liberal media?
Maybe the liberal media isn't as liberal as Fox keeps telling you. The fact that you've gone all in for Fox just shows one thing: that they're playing a tune you like. It doesn't make them factual or honest. They've been shown repeatedly to be anything but.

Media Bias: Going beyond Fair and Balanced: Scientific American

Old 10-25-2009, 07:32 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Fox News has just broadcast a report by Conor Powell, from Afghanistan... fomenting civil insurrection, I'm sure.

I suppose it's the hidden motives of Fox that attract me to the channel.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The fact that you've gone all in for Fox just shows one thing:
The fact that think I'm "all-in" for Fox discredits you completely.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Fox News has just broadcast a report by Conor Powell, from Afghanistan... fomenting civil insurrection, I'm sure.

I suppose it's the hidden motives of Fox that attract me to the channel.

The Da Vinci Code mentions the names of real cities like London, Paris and Rome. Does that make it a true story?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
The fact that think I'm "all-in" for Fox discredits you completely.

Your posts in defense of Fox don't discredit your point of view though, do they?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times
because our dictator wantabe said so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies