Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 02:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julsoffs View Post
Really! Care to explain why Obama got 90 PERCENT OF THE AFRICAN AMERICAN VOTE WHEN PAIRED AGAINST HILLARY CLINTON? I guess racism didnt exist there either! Sad...
On this one I can agree with you and Hillary did try very hard by trying to talk Ebonically when talking to black groups. That may well have been part of her problem.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
ABsoleutly assuming the variables were the same as this election... For example if 97 percent of whites voted for MCain as he was running against Obama I would say white America was racist! The fact that the vote was evenly split shows a voting regiment that goes beyond color! There is no other way to look at this.. This is like the boy who cried wolf..those who call others racists seem to be the biggest racists of all . 97 percent throwing themselves at a candidate who has the same skin color as them validates this!
It was more along the lines of 94-95%, however African Americans vote heavily Democratic. Both Kerry and Gore got about 90% of the African American vote as well. African American Republicans have gotten little African American support when faced with white Democratic opponents as well. Steele faired very poorly among African Americans in Maryland in his 06 run against Ben Cardin, as did Lynn Swann and Ken Blackwell in the bids they had for Governor. Swann ran against Ed Rendell in PA, Blackwell against Ted Strickland in Ohio.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:32 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
All major exit polls showed between 96% and 97% of African Americans who voted, voted for Obama. They also show that between 44 and 45% of caucasians voted for Obama and about 55 to 56% voted for McCain. These numbers were quoted over and over again by the major networks and by the Washington Post as well as other national newspapers.

Now let's think beyond the silliness and the euphoria created by a media dominated by the Left. Obama has the most Left leaning voting record in the U.S. Senate, as agreed to by leftist organizations. Let's think about the facts as we know them:

Obviously, the African American vote was racist. Obviously this does not bode well for the future of democracy in America, regardless of Obama's ideology as evidenced by his voting record. Please explain to me how an non-discriminatory, open minded people could put themselves so overwhelmingly behind a candidate and have the audacity to use the race card on others, especially when those "others" help to elect said individual..
So because your other offensive posts keep getting deleted you decided to create a thread - with no links to back you up - so you could talk about something that has already been discussed on this forum several times?

Virtually 100% of blacks will vote for Obama!

Is it racist when blacks vote for Obama?

Why do most blacks back Obama?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:34 PM

7 posts, read 24,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
So because your other offensive posts keep getting deleted you decided to create a thread - with no links to back you up - so you could talk about something that has already been discussed on this forum several times?

[URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/480067-virtually-100-blacks-will-vote-obama.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/470407-racist-when-blacks-vote-obama.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.city-data.com/forum/elections/307744-why-do-most-blacks-back-obama.html[/URL]

No threads to back it up? The numbers cited above are well known numbers and can be easily validated. I have a question for you Nataly before you go run crying to the moderators because you are weak minded.. Why did 90 percent of African Americans vote for Obama over Hillary Clinton? I thought it was just a "Democratic Thang"?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:38 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So applying your logic... if you're white and voted for a white person, you're a racist.

It wasn't a very good argument. That's the way I read it too....

Old 10-26-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
No threads to back it up? The numbers cited above are well known numbers and can be easily validated. I have a question for you Nataly before you go run crying to the moderators because you are weak minded.. Why did 90 percent of African Americans vote for Obama over Hillary Clinton? I thought it was just a "Democratic Thang"?
If they are well-known then you should have had no problem finding a link to include in your OP.

Sorry I can't answer your question because I'm off to report your personal attack to the Mods.

But I do have one for you....what is your obsession with black people? You just joined this forum and yet you’ve managed to say we’re all bad tippers, rooted in the ghetto, expecting the government to take care of us and now you’ve created a thread where you can sling more insults about black people….did you just realize that we exist?

Old 10-26-2009, 02:46 PM

7 posts, read 24,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
If they are well-known then you should have had no problem finding a link to include in your OP.

Sorry I can't answer your question because I'm off to report your personal attack to the Mods.

But I do have one for you....what is your obsession with black people? You just joined this forum and yet you’ve managed to say we’re all bad tippers, rooted in the ghetto, expecting the government to take care of us and now you’ve created a thread where you can sling more insults about black people….did you just realize that we exist?

Dodge the question and run to the moderator.. again.. Now I know why most successful black men date white women, you bring nothing to the table! Toodles!

Old 10-26-2009, 02:48 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
Democrats have been carrying the black vote for quite some time now. Why don't you go research Kerry, Gore, and Clinton and see if the numbers are significantly different.

Did they get as many votes or support from black Americans as Obama did? It is also not only a white and black thing. It is about what the democratic party can do for them, if you know what I mean.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityandstatefan View Post
You know over 90% of African-Americans also voted for Al Gore and John Kerry who were white?
So, OP, what are your thoughts about this?
Or how about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It was more along the lines of 94-95%, however African Americans vote heavily Democratic. Both Kerry and Gore got about 90% of the African American vote as well. African American Republicans have gotten little African American support when faced with white Democratic opponents as well. Steele faired very poorly among African Americans in Maryland in his 06 run against Ben Cardin, as did Lynn Swann and Ken Blackwell in the bids they had for Governor. Swann ran against Ed Rendell in PA, Blackwell against Ted Strickland in Ohio.
What is your theory for this behavior, do tell.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Dodge the question and run to the moderator.. again.. Now I know why most successful black men date white women, you bring nothing to the table! Toodles!
well there you go...you answered your own question.

97% of blacks voted for Obama because most sucessful black men date white women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies