Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,687,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I listen to NPR every morning & I chuckle to myself whenever I hear the guy say "deadliest month since...." because it happens almost every month since either of these wars started. So, last year at this time was the deadliest month, then the next month, then the next & so on & so on.
Quote:
Prove it big guy, prove that I haven't heard w/my own ears for all these months & years that each month I seem to hear "this is the deadliest month". That's right, you can't prove it so keep your little snide remarks to yourself.
You seem? Man that changed. In your original post, you stated as a fact that "it happens". Then, when challenged with facts, its changes to "I seem".

If you think that you get to push your agenda here with mis-information, without being called out on it, then you have some things to learn. I certainly will be pointing out when people present mis-information for the purposes of making their opinions seem more validated.

You didn't like what the actual facts had to show, so you start saying things like 'prove it big guy". Prove what, that you presented unsourced, uncited, misinformation. Check, done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Hell, McCain said it back in Jan. The fact remains that most of the Iraq fighting was done in urban areas, the areas in Afghanistan where the fighting is taking place is very rural and the terrain is rugged
That still doesn't explain how increased troop levels won't reduce the number of American casualties.

Look, when the number of people shooting increases on one side, the number of casualties on that same side decreases. Thats simple statistics.

President Obama leaving people on the line, while taking heavier than usual casualties, without removing them from the line or increasing numbers put those casualties directly onto his hands.

Make a decision Mr. President.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
What are you, a General in the Army?
Obama and the robot followers won't listen to the commanders on the ground as he promised, but instead choose to make up things to cover Obama's lack of decision making skills.

Obama does not need months to make a decision. Stop making excuses for his lack of abilities to make a good decision.

He is not taking the time to make the proper choice, he is waiting for many things to happen before he does, such as the elections. And do not kid yourself to think the stupid Nobel prize does not weigh on his decisions.

Thus putting our troops in more danger and opening up a entire new barrage of attacks from the enemy because they know Obama is playing around with this.

Obama is playing games with our troops lives and he needs to stop.

Make the call and listen to the EXPERTS ON THE GROUND.

While Obama is playing golf and having beer with his buddies our troops are asking for more help yet he seems to not care.

The numbers are showing things are falling apart under Obamas care. He needs to get off the pot and do something or resign so we can find someone who can.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:25 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And Obama still hasn't made up his mind...how many more American's will be killed before he makes up his mind to either pull out the troops or send more troops to help out...voting "present" isn't an option anymore...he is the president, or step down!

hussein obmama is probably having a hard time fighting against his muslim brothers.

Where oh where is the outrage from the left wingers with all these dying troops?

It is to the benifit of America that hussein obama turn the troops against him.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:29 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
That still doesn't explain how increased troop levels won't reduce the number of American casualties.

Look, when the number of people shooting increases on one side, the number of casualties on that same side decreases. Thats simple statistics.

President Obama leaving people on the line, while taking heavier than usual casualties, without removing them from the line or increasing numbers put those casualties directly onto his hands.

Make a decision Mr. President.
We had a troop increase in Afghanistan earlier in the year and the U.S deaths went up, this also happened several times in Iraq. While the 'surge' is what got the most press we had several other times where troop levels increased during spans from 04-06, and some of them the level of deaths did increase (especially in 06).

At this point the issue seems to not be if we will have an increase or not, but how much of an increase we will have and how it will be implemented. The lack of this type of planning in the past is why we are currently in the situation we are in,

Old 10-27-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
We had a troop increase in Afghanistan earlier in the year and the U.S deaths went up, this also happened several times in Iraq. While the 'surge' is what got the most press we had several other times where troop levels increased during spans from 04-06, and some of them the level of deaths did increase (especially in 06).

At this point the issue seems to not be if we will have an increase or not, but how much of an increase we will have and how it will be implemented. The lack of this type of planning in the past is why we are currently in the situation we are in,

Exactly why politics shouldnt be involved in the mission for the military.

Give the commanders an objective, and let it go.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:33 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times
Quote:
I listen to NPR every morning & I chuckle to myself whenever I hear the guy say "deadliest month since...." because it happens almost every month since either of these wars started. So, last year at this time was the deadliest month, then the next month, then the next & so on & so on.
Actually that is not the case....especially in regards to Iraq.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:56 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
Quote:
What utter BS.

We have seen thousands of US Service People die because we contineu to politicize wars.

Congress and the Executive branch (regardless of party) don't leave the mission to the generals with boots on the ground, and would rather play politics with decisions that are mission imperative like troop levels.

Those INACTIONS directly lead to soldiers deaths.

Don't try to pawn this off, it makes you look dishonest.
And Bush's RUSH TO WAR in March 2003 led DIRECTLY to the deaths of 4,000+ U.S. soldiers!

See how that works?

Now we have a President who THINKS BEFORE HE ACTS!

But I guess that THINKING stuff is completely "unfamiliar territory" to many of you Neo-Confused RIGHTIES !!!

Old 10-27-2009, 05:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Clearly Obama has been swayed and influenced by other people.

I hope he is swayed by the GLBTQ people too.

Look how easily he is swayed here. There is hope.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dyvou-6hHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And Obama still hasn't made up his mind...how many more American's will be killed before he makes up his mind to either pull out the troops or send more troops to help out...voting "present" isn't an option anymore...he is the president, or step down!

Old 10-27-2009, 05:36 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Wait a minute. We have nothing to worry about and Cheney said it, so it must be true...

Taliban destroyed, says Cheney
Thursday, Mar 14, 2002

SHARM EL SHEIKH (Egypt) March 13. The U.S. Vice-President, Dick Cheney, said today the Taliban militia was now ``out of business, permanently'' as the allies targeted weapons of mass destruction in the next phase in the war on terror.

Al-Qaeda terrorists are trying to re-group in that country, and they are being permanently dealt with,'' Mr. Cheney said at South Camp, just south of the Red Sea resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh. ``The Taliban regime is out of business, permanently,'' Mr. Cheney said, warning that ``Afghanistan was only the beginning of a long and unrelenting effort.''

The Hindu : Taliban destroyed, says Cheney
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies