Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 02:36 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

There is something wonky about someone who is fine with performing an abortion one day then stands outside the clinic praying to end abortion the next. I don't really care what "side" she is on, it's the fact that she has a black/white view, and can change her mind on a dime, that indicates there is more going on here than a simple change of conscious.

I'm not impressed by this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh please, tell me how birthing 90% of the baby does not endanger the mother's life, but getting the other 10% out of the birth canal does?

If there is a severe defect in a late-term (8-9 month) fetus, if it will die shortly after birth, what is the reason to let it be 90% born, then stick a knife in it's skull and suck the brains out?

Why not let the child be born and administer end of life procedures to make his/her passing a peaceful one......instead of your way....a horrific, barbaric, painful procedure that murders the baby?

Amazing; those that want to protect the unborn from murder and dismemberment are deemed radical, but those who advocate and support such procedures are protecting "rights".
You should really let a doctor make those decisions for their patient. There are many reasons in many cases of birth defect why abortion is MUCH safer than inducing birth.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Abortions post viability are only performed due to severe fetal defect or to save the life of the mother, so I would not call that speculation on her part.
You would think so wouldn't you? Not true. Babies who would be born healthy and with no defects are aborted. Tiller did it all the time. One survived the abortion and since the mother delivered at the hospital she was allowed to live. She died about 3 years later from the botched abortion and from nothing else.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:40 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
This thread just proves how horrible it is to fool around with life. Trying to define when life begins or not. Everyone disagrees and the moment keeps being pushed back. Then people are deciding what kind of baby is allowed to be born. One with some birth defects, how much, how little? It is all just crazy.

This is the reason we have to go to the bible and depend on God's word. The majority has done just that, no matter how much those who are against the bible say that is not allowed. These things can only be answered from what we have learned from our moralists and religious scholars. One can say talk to the abortionists but then he is the one who is benefiting with the money from the abortion. See how crazy making it all is?

Right now the government lets us all make our own decision as to when life begins. I don't see how they can make those who say life begins from conception give money to support something that goes against their conscience.

An innocent baby cannot hurt me so I cannot make the decision to kill it. War is something that is evil but at times the only thing that can be done to protect the populace at large. Both are evil and I wish both were unnecessary.
Why the Bible? What makes the Bible correct? Where exactly in the Bible does it state when life begins?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is something wonky about someone who is fine with performing an abortion one day then stands outside the clinic praying to end abortion the next. I don't really care what "side" she is on, it's the fact that she has a black/white view, and can change her mind on a dime, that indicates there is more going on here than a simple change of conscious.

I'm not impressed by this.
LOL, religious and spiritual people would believe it. It happens all the time to people. A change of heart can be dramatic.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Why the Bible? What makes the Bible correct? Where exactly in the Bible does it state when life begins?
If you do not want to use the bible then use any religious book out there. I am sure they all concern themselves with life and when it begins. The majority of Americans go to the bible just because we are Christian. Go check out the religions in the USA to see what the majority is. If we were all Buddhist we would be consulting Buddhist teachings etc, etc.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:

You can start here if you are interested. Also if you are interested why others believe the way they do.

When does life begin - Search - Catholic Online

Old 11-11-2009, 02:51 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
If they are so awful, why didn't Jesus say anything about abortions? They were practiced in his time. In the temple even. Infanticide was common as well. Nary a word, though. Just never got around to it?

Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
If they are so awful, why didn't Jesus say anything about abortions? They were practiced in his time. In the temple even. Infanticide was common as well. Nary a word, though. Just never got around to it?
I am sure He did. I cannot believe they were going on in the temple. Link?

Just because you will not find a certain word in the bible does not mean it doesn't address that problem. Thou Shalt Not Kill would cover abortion.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:01 PM

USCCB - Health Care Reform

What the Catholic bishops have to say about abortion and health care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies