Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Thanks, you beat me to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
If the damn bill was the one that it should have been...single payer...and all of the Congressman had the integrity and honorability that Congressman such as Dennis Kucinich, Alan Grayson or Bernie Sanders had, there would be no private insurance companies poised to make money off of an affordable Public Option. Where in my posts did I lay blame at the feet of one particular party? Very easy to point out which representatives are self-serving as their campaign contributions speak for themselves...democrat and republican alike. Instead of arguing as if this is a a sports even, why can't you people own up and admit that the corruption is rampant? I mentioned campaign finance reform and not one response, thus far, has admitted the need for that. Talk about typical! BTW...Joe Lieberman's stance more than proved my point about self-serving, not fit to hold public office, corrupt pieces of cow dung!

Last edited by sickofnyc; 11-04-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Burris says he will vote aginst it if it does not have a public option;things falling apart really.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:21 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If the damn bill was the one that it should have been...single payer...and all of the Congressman had the integrity and honorability that Congressman such as Dennis Kucinich, Alan Grayson or Bernie Sanders had, there would be no private insurance companies poised to make money off of an affordable Public Option. Where in my posts did I lay blame at the feet of one particular party? Vey easy to point out which representatives are self-serving as their campaign contributions speak for themselves...democrat and republican alike. Instead of arguing as if this is a a sports even, why can't you people own up and admit that the corruption is rampant? I mentioned campaign finance reform and not one response, thus far, has admitted the need for that. Talk about typical! BTW...Joe Lieberman's stance more than proved my point about self-serving, not fit to hold public office, corrupt pieces of cow dung!
This is the Dems' bill. Why are the insurance companies' lobbyists' fingerprints all over it? The Dems have the power to play it straight on this, but they just won't do it. Your temper tantrum should be directed at them.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:21 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
If the damn bill was the one that it should have been...single payer...and all of the Congressman had the integrity and honorability that Congressman such as Dennis Kucinich, Alan Grayson or Bernie Sanders had, there would be no private insurance companies poised to make money off of an affordable Public Option. Where in my posts did I lay blame at the feet of one particular party? Vey easy to point out which representatives are self-serving as their campaign contributions speak for themselves...democrat and republican alike. Instead of arguing as if this is a a sports even, why can't you people own up and admit that the corruption is rampant? I mentioned campaign finance reform and not one response, thus far, has admitted the need for that. Talk about typical! BTW...Joe Lieberman's stance more than proved my point about self-serving, not fit to hold public office, corrupt pieces of cow dung!
Dear fellow posters, sickofnyc just said that Alan Grayson was both honorable and a man of integrity.....

That should tell you all you need to know about this poster...

Old 11-04-2009, 01:25 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Looks like someone just got pwned in their own thread. All we ask for is consistency and you were called out for your lack of it.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Dear fellow posters, sickofnyc just said that Alan Grayson was both honorable and a man of integrity.....

That should tell you all you need to know about this poster...
I've called his office to thank him and will be contributing to his campaign.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I've called his office to thank him and will be contributing to his campaign.

typical.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Looks like someone just got pwned in their own thread. All we ask for is consistency and you were called out for your lack of it.
LOL! as they say back in my homestate Tru 'Dat!

Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
This is the Dems' bill. Why are the insurance companies' lobbyists' fingerprints all over it? The Dems have the power to play it straight on this, but they just won't do it. Your temper tantrum should be directed at them.
Better look up the defintion of tantrum. I think you have it confused with facts and convictions. Once again and read it slowly...where in my prior post did I isolate corruption at the feet of one particular party??? I still do not see anybody agreeing that we need campaign finance refrom, which speaks volumes about the information challenged on this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies