Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 07:28 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Why would we need to donate to a charity fund?

They are getting great medical care as we speak....It's not like they're uninsured or anything.
That was my first thought....why? This IS the US army , is it not? These people will have the best care ...right?????

The Army gets JILLIONS of tax dollars already!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Why would we need to donate to a charity fund?

They are getting great medical care as we speak....It's not like they're uninsured or anything.
one or more of the victims were civilians. The dead may have had husbands or wives and children. Their funeral and family expenses are not covered by the military. Until the family receives the standard military life insurance check, the family will need funds to survive and to return to their hometown/state to be with family and friends. I don't know how much the dollar amount is currently for the military policy. There is a separate life insurance our military can sign up for which is very good. When I left the service in late 1997, the maximum amount of that police was about $200,000. I think it's up to about double that amount. I still have that insurance when I left the service. If the families have this policy it will help when they receive the check but they'll need funds until then.

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Oh.

In my opinion this is more like Columbine with a slightly different twist. I really don't consider one person's actions a terrorist attack. If he were part of a sleeper cell I would, but at least so far it doesn't appear that way.
Do you have a good source for that? Or is this just your "feelings"?

The guy was being watched by the FBI, his internet postings made it clear his sympathies were with the other side. -- But we can watch NBC news and simply believe this had to do with his profession of psychiatry -- it's still okay to say psychiatrists are all nuts, or we can blame it on the victims -- they weren't inviting him to happy hour and stuff.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
He is a disgrace. If Bush had done this, he would have been crucified by the press. What hypocrisy. Just pisses off the independents more and more...it is their own demise they are creating...

Old 11-06-2009, 07:30 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There was a reason back in the days of WWII that we didn't allow German Nazis into our military, it wasn't because of their race or anything like that but because of their beliefs. Now that we're politically correct, if Al Queda wants to send it's guys into our military, we feel we must approve.
He was born in America and isn't linked to Al Queda.
Every Muslim isn't a member of Al Queda.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:33 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,070,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I doubt this. He was recently promoted and had a strong position in his field.
What would promoted have anything to do with:

Late 30's
Not married
No Kids

Now my thoughts..

Kinda plain
Little overweight.
My guess is not a whole bunch of friends
Too much time on the internet
Religious zeal

Old 11-06-2009, 07:35 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,440,437 times
What the hell!!!!! 12 people had just been killed and he is giving "shout outs". GMAFB!!! I think the killings takes precedence over your "thank you's" and your "shout outs". His first words should have been " I understand that we are here for XYZ conference but we have a pressing issue taking place right now. Not freakin wooting and shout outs!!!! Good Lord! I really would like to have seen some emotion and there was NONE, nothing. Cold, heartless and pathetic.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I didn't say he was SANE! There are insane doctors too and a lot of them are psychiatrists.

Since we are not being politically correct on this thread, in medical school and among physicians, there are so many psychiatry jokes and we joke about many people going into Pysch were f'd up! Seriously, this doesn't suprise me! A lot of psychiatrists are crazy. You have to be a little crazy to go into that field.
I can confirm this. I was an RN for 44 years (now retired) and heard plenty of these kinds of comments over the years.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
What would promoted have anything to do with:

Late 30's
Not married
No Kids

Now my thoughts..

Kinda plain
Little overweight.
My guess is not a whole bunch of friends
Too much time on the internet
Religious zeal

How about being harassed over being a Muslim and having to hear the horro stories of soldiers who have been deployed day in and day out?

I definitely think that's a good recipe for someone to go off the cliff.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I can confirm this. I was an RN for 44 years (now retired) and heard plenty of these kinds of comments over the years.
Yes and we can profile the medical profession, that's allowed, just don't mention the guy was an avid Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies