Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

I see something good in this: Nelson's announcement is more proof that the Democratic Party is a bigger tent than the Republican Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 04:22 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I guess it is not just crazy, right wing, religious, nut jobs that oppose federal abortions.
i dont know much about dude but he could be a right winged democrat

Old 11-10-2009, 04:26 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A key Democratic senator said Tuesday that he won't vote for an overhaul of the health care system if the bill does not clearly restrict federal funding for ending pregnancies.

The comments from Sen. Ben Nelson of Nebraska was a sign that the abortion dispute that nearly derailed the House health care bill will play a critical role in the Senate.

Nelson told Fox News that he's "very pleased that the Stupak amendment passed in the House," a reference to a proposal by Rep. Bart Stupak, D-Mich., that toughened restrictions on federal funding for abortions.

Abortion Haggling Looms Over Health Care Debate in Senate - FOXNews.com

As if the public option wasn't a big enough obstacle; abortion, the mother of all controversies, will be a huge speed bump in the passage of the healthcare reform bill.

Tis not a good day in the Land of Liberals.
In the end, any public option health care program will offer free medical procedures for any and all medical procedures, including sex-change operations, all abortions and why not even tattoo removal.... everything must be covered. I say this because its obvious, when a poor person is using the federal "public option" as their health care plan, its their only form of health care, so if the public plan will not pay for abortions or sex-change operations, where the heck will the person go to get them done?

Old 11-10-2009, 04:49 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I see something good in this: Nelson's announcement is more proof that the Democratic Party is a bigger tent than the Republican Party.
Great point. The opposite is true in the GOP, as NY-23 has shown us.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
I think it should only fund abortion in heavily Democratic areas. I'd support that.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I think it should only fund abortion in heavily Democratic areas. I'd support that.

Dont ya love this?

Apparently, this poster is anti abortion, but would willingly change their foundational beliefs to worship a political party.

How pathetic is that? If you're joking you just made yourself the joke

Old 11-10-2009, 05:49 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Shouldn't he just switch parties since he hates women so much?

I hear the Republicans need new fan club members.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:55 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I have a problem with this whole issue of government run health care. Fix what's broken. Don't demolish the whole building just to replace a few broken window panes.

You do realize the bill the House passed is nothing but a bailout for PRIVATE insurance companies?

I am so tired of stupid idiotic posts such as these.

This is NOT government run health care.

We would be SO lucky to have government run health care. Take a look at other industrialized countries and how they manage to provide health care for ALL their citizens at a fraction of the costs and they have better health outcomes while paying less money for health care.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:56 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
i dont know much about dude but he could be a right winged democrat

No such thing.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:57 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Shouldn't he just switch parties since he hates women so much?

I hear the Republicans need new fan club members.
Why do you assume that he hates woman simply because he does not want tax payers fronting the bill for abortions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies