Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 07:11 PM

147 posts, read 329,591 times

Advertisements

I couldn't believe this! What do you think? (click on link for video).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfwth...layer_embedded

Last edited by Bo; 11-21-2009 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: Moved from General US. This is controversial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 10:37 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
First of all, they obviously do not have the resources to prosecute ALL shoplifters. However, I know people that were very involved in shoplifting. EVEN IF WALMART DOES NOT PROSECUTE SHOPLIFTERS WHO STEAL MINIMAL AMOUNTS OF MERCHENDISE, THE CRIME WILL SEND YOU DOWN A SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!. I once had a good friend that couldn't stop. He stole until he got caught. Now the arrest record is on his file at the FBI FOR LIFE!!! Even if it is expunged, it will be brought back up in court if you ever have to go. Also, some employeers will simply not hire a theft (unless she is an attractive young woman). You see, shoplifters do not stop until they are caught. It takes a good embarrassing throw into the dirty pen to wake up some people. Hence, even if you do not get caught at WALMART, remember ALL SHOPLIFTERS EVENTUALLY GET CAUGHT. Do not think it is a behavior that you can control too. Once you start, it is too easy to do it again and again. It seemed so easy according to my old college friend, that there became little reason to stop. Therefore, this video sends out the wrong message. I suggest the OP put up another video about the consequences of this criminal activity.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentzr View Post
I suggest the OP put up another video about the consequences of this criminal activity.
Well, according to the video, if you are under 16 and over 65 there are no consequences-that was the point of the post.

Last edited by fay grim; 11-20-2009 at 10:53 PM..

Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 PM

1,446 posts, read 4,596,039 times
FAY GRIM - That was not the point of my posting. I just feel that you should not send wrong messages. I was simply adding my point to your discussion.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 PM

The title of the post was the title of the video-I was NOT trying to send the message that it was something that anyone should do. I was trying to make the point that Wal Mart seems to be more concerned with their "image" than with trying to curtail shoplifting at their stores. I get your point and I agree with it which is why I wrote "I can't believe this!". I, too, have known people who have gone down the slippery slope of shoplifting and it is very saddening to see. I am done with this thread-do with it what you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies