Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times

Advertisements

And Congress wonders why the country is so unhappy with them.....

Oy vey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 08:16 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri is seeking to pass a resolution that would officially make the day before Thanksgiving "Complaint Free Wednesday."
A Democratic lawmaker has a message for Americans voicing concerns over rising unemployment, record federal deficits, the health care debate and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: Stop complaining so much.
Rep. Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri is seeking to pass a resolution that would officially make the day before Thanksgiving "Complaint Free Wednesday."

Democratic Lawmaker to Americans: Stop Complaining - FOXNews.com
If it's such a good idea, where has this legislation been the last eight years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
instead of working on legislation to fix the problems, he is trying to introduce legislation to stop the complaining? shame on americans for complaining about rising unemployment and unsustainable deficit levels! naughty americans!

my guess is some of those congress people will be doing some complaining of their own when they are jobless.
Correct observation.
This mouth breather needs to be shown the door next election cycle.

Last edited by allydriver; 11-21-2009 at 08:37 AM..

Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,194,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
This place would be great if we could get rid of the cry babies du jour and let the grown ups talk for a change. Although that would only leave about 2 Republicans I think.
If only the grown ups could talk, Pelosi would be left with only the Blue Dogs doing the talking.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:28 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If this passes, 99.99% of the conservatives/Republicans/rightwingers whiners would be gone from CD forums making this a better place.

It really would kill the democrats who want government to do evrything for them. Pay for this ;pay for that big daddy government.As long as they think of governament as their parents then they will whine like babies.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:25 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,126 times
Exclamation And of Course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
America is asleep at the wheel.....they are more concerned with American Idol and popping their two Xanax or Ambien tablets to realize that the country and way of life this country was founded upon is being stolen out from under us by a two-bit used car salesman!!! Complain....your damn right I'll complain...it's called whining to the Democratic liberals who don't want you to have a voice if you don't agree with them.......
The almighty GOP will come along in 2012, make monkeys fly out of their butts, wave a magic wand, and make everything right...I REALLY don't think so...

I swear, everything always goes back to 'the way of life this country was founded on', which to me is code for 'we want everybody to just shut up and sit back and let us tell you what to do, 'cause we're the almighty GOP, and we know what's right for everybody'...I call horsebleep on that...if folks want to watch 'American Idol', then that's their business...I don't like the show myself, but I DON'T take it upon myself to try and police everybody else's lives...

And you really need to cut out this mess about labeling everyone who doesn't agree with YOUR side 'liberals' or 'Democratic liberals'...not everyone who disagrees with you has a liberal mindset, but it seems that 'liberal' is the nasty label of choice nowadays to lump everybody into who doesn't buy the 'used cars' being sold by the GOP

Old 11-21-2009, 10:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ooh the humor and hypocracy of liberals complaining about conservatives on on a thread about Democrats wanting people to stop complaining.
I see you included my quote with the above but I wasn't agreeing with the previous posters. Just pointing out the "irony" and "the hypocrisy" of this thread as they promptly started to complain and whine. Actually quite humorous.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:13 AM

639 posts, read 1,142,954 times
How's the economy in Ohio??? Thought so!!!

Old 11-21-2009, 05:30 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
A Democratic lawmaker has a message for Americans voicing concerns over rising unemployment, record federal deficits, the health care debate and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: Stop complaining so much.

Democratic Lawmaker to Americans: Stop Complaining - FOXNews.com
I'll make a deal with him. I'll stop complaining about what a mess this country is, if he promises to quit screwing the taxpayers over. Deal?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:00 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
It's quite fitting,...a "complaint-free" day proposal,...and the first to complain about it are the liberals,...complaining about the conservatives.

I'd offer that the most miserable people in this country are liberals. They are the ones who constantly manufacture some issue about which to complain. Liberals are never satisfied about ANYTHING,....if there were no problems,...liberals would invent one............
Interesting thought, except for one simple fact, the vast majority of whining these days is not coming from the left, this board provides all the evidence needed to prove that simple fact. There was a time I thought the left whinned too much about Bush, but now that a Demo is office the right has made the left look like rank amatuers and taken whining to a whole new level. I the idea of a whine free day sounds good but I know that the right cannot control themselves for an entire day, so looks like everyoine is stuck with it for at least the next 3 and probably 7 years. I am more interested in what the new whine will be about, kinda like driving by a car wreck, no matter how much we say we will not look we always do.
Casper

Old 11-22-2009, 07:34 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Interesting thought, except for one simple fact, the vast majority of whining these days is not coming from the left, this board provides all the evidence needed to prove that simple fact. There was a time I thought the left whinned too much about Bush, but now that a Demo is office the right has made the left look like rank amatuers and taken whining to a whole new level. I the idea of a whine free day sounds good but I know that the right cannot control themselves for an entire day, so looks like everyoine is stuck with it for at least the next 3 and probably 7 years. I am more interested in what the new whine will be about, kinda like driving by a car wreck, no matter how much we say we will not look we always do.
Casper
How about a day when our representatives actually listen to the desires of those they represent instead of just their own agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies