Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Days 90
I watch Beck and have felt NO fear.
Where are you getting such info?

The only ones instilling any FEAR that I see.......are the Democrats and THIS administration's AGENDA!
Yes....an AGENDA that many fear..........not Glenn Beck.
He's a big goober and somewhat amusing......nothing to FEAR though.

Maybe it is YOU.....who fears him....just as the White House does.
Nope, I fear very little. Funny you have no fear, because every Beck fan I talk to sounds very apocalyptic. Never positive, always expecting the fall of America right around the corner. He's convinced my Aunt that America is no longer worth saving. My best friend's father is always talking about his fear of the future. He also is a Beck fan. Same goes for some Beck fans on this forum, who tend to be the most spaced out and least sensible folks here.

With encounters like that with Beck fans, what am I supposed to think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 10:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
tindo80 wrote: "Umm yea, even if you dont believe Beck represents extremists, it seems extremists beleive Beck represents them."

Because there are no extremists who believe Obama represents them, right?

I'd list them but C-D doesn't have that much bandwidth!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:27 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
It seems that ANYONE not alligned with the Left Wing is considered an "extremist".

Is "extremist" going to become the word that replaces "racist" (which is getting old and worn out)?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:39 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It seems that ANYONE not alligned with the Left Wing is considered an "extremist".

Is "extremist" going to become the word that replaces "racist" (which is getting old and worn out)?
Since when is 'racist' worn out? Maybe on the right, but the right never believed in racism in the first place. YOu cant claim something you never supported is losing support because you dont support it. You never did, therefore its not your positioning which determines such.

Not all right wingers are extremists, but the extremist are the loudest and most vocal voices of the right, ever since Obama took office.

To be fair, the left had loud extremist during Bush too, but they were not tossing around racial slurs, asking for violent revolution from the white race, etc.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
It's been a busy week for Glenn Beck watchers. On Monday, the Anti-Defamation League released a report warning of the paranoia and stridency that increasingly define the conservative grass roots. It echoed an April report issued by the Department of Homeland Security, but unlike the DHS report, the ADL named names, and fingered Beck as the figure most responsible for the unhinging of the right. "Beck has acted as a 'fearmonger-in-chief,' raising anxiety about and distrust towards the government [which] if it continues to grow in intensity and scope, may result in an increase in anti-government extremists and the potential for a rise of violent anti-government acts," the ADL wrote.

Read the article here: Glenn Beck - Salon.com
Do you know a lot about how far left or right the ADL leans? I don't think you do.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Since when is 'racist' worn out? Maybe on the right, but the right never believed in racism in the first place. YOu cant claim something you never supported is losing support because you dont support it. You never did, therefore its not your positioning which determines such.

Not all right wingers are extremists, but the extremist are the loudest and most vocal voices of the right, ever since Obama took office.

To be fair, the left had loud extremist during Bush too, but they were not tossing around racial slurs, asking for violent revolution from the white race, etc.
"Racist" is used so indiscriminately it is getting to be a very tiresome and meaningless word.

You need to go back to junior high and learn good sentence structure. Using a single word i.e. "support", 3x in one sentence befuddles the idea you are trying to convey.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Nope, I fear very little. Funny you have no fear, because every Beck fan I talk to sounds very apocalyptic. Never positive, always expecting the fall of America right around the corner. He's convinced my Aunt that America is no longer worth saving. My best friend's father is always talking about his fear of the future. He also is a Beck fan. Same goes for some Beck fans on this forum, who tend to be the most spaced out and least sensible folks here.

With encounters like that with Beck fans, what am I supposed to think?
As one of those on here that you mentioned, let me say that somehow I keep believing him when he says the paradigm is turning and we are getting ready to see the changes that he talks about. I guess I just want this nation to come out ahead and when Beck keeps saying that he hopes he is wrong in all the things he sees wrong with our present government I have to go with him and hope that he is wrong but really neither of believes he is.

What is the unemployment number in Michigan, anyway?

Old 11-21-2009, 11:07 PM

844 posts, read 1,280,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
"Racist" is used so indiscriminately it is getting to be a very tiresome and meaningless word.
Um no, its being used when something is perceived as racist. Claiming its 'tiresome' is merely another way of saying = I have no problem with racism, but I hate to see when someone is accused of it.

By the way, I find it ironic that someone would tell me to go back to jr high then use an emoticon to enhance his point. 1998 called...

Old 11-21-2009, 11:13 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,507 times
Default "Pride" .... In America ... And To Be Americans !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We need a parade, that would be so cool.

Certain minorities would not allow a white pride parade. They would riot in the streets and burn down cities.

I think we need a White American History month myself.

or a white million man march on Washington.

So if Beck fans are nationalist then what are Obama fans?

Idiots has already been covered, so what are they? Wanne be commi's?
Good Morning,

Yes friends ..... It's perfectly clear that the extreme "Pride' that so many "White Folks" have in their race is without doubt creating
panic and perhaps a certain degree of jealousy among some of our other races !

"Pride" in ones race is a most desireable and honorable matter for any race in this great nation as long as we remember that first and formost we are "Americans First" !

The White Folks Say it is an extreme honor to be a "White American" and their contributions to the continued survival of this beloved land is absolutely unparalled ! So in my estimation they have every right to be proud !

The "White Folks I know are worthy of the title : Proud White American's !!!

There isn't any logical reason why the above should shock or create a panic in any other race of American's.

Indeed... may we as American's of all races cease with the " Crying and B*&##$@~ about the millions of "White Folks" who are "Proud of their race! Believe me it's OK !

Go out and do something for your country and your race that you can be proud of ..... and you can be have a sense of great pride in your race also !!! It's really not that hard to do !

Think about it ! Thanks / Lamar

Last edited by L.Funk; 11-21-2009 at 11:14 PM.. Reason: Lamar's Spelling !!!

Old 11-21-2009, 11:21 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Didn't read the link, but I'm assuming you voted for a man who attended a church for 20 years that was led by a racist bigot who espouses black liberation theology; so.......wouldn't this make you a hypocrite?

Don't you know the left is brain dead hypocites? All the have is their hate, their lies and their propaganda. It probably really confused them when Becks whole audience was blacks who were against hussein obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies