Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:36 PM

207 posts, read 325,076 times

Advertisements

....every other thread on this website has something to do with Northerners wanting to move South?

If you don't like us, then why are you moving down here? How long do you plan to stay? What percentage of you have left to come down here already?

Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
....every other thread on this website has something to do with Northerners wanting to move South?

If you don't like us, then why are you moving down here? How long do you plan to stay? What percentage of you have left to come down here already?
I haven't seen any "hatred" toward the South here.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:44 PM

805 posts, read 1,510,581 times
They want to Political Correct the southern culture so it turns into NYC or California. Basically, it's PC evangelism.

I think PC'ism is the ultimate toxin for the country. It shuts people up and instills fear. It destroys freedom of thought and speech and it is more DIVISIVE than anything.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:54 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
i have read many posts here that try to put down the South. Personally i have visited every southern state and have experienced nothing but friendly folks and welcomeness. some people only read crap about the south and post here with pre formed opinions. just ignore them

Old 11-22-2009, 04:12 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Liberals are ignorant of the south, they've been brainwashed to believe that southern folks are a bunch of uneducated, racist, evangelical hicks. Some are but not all of them. Maybe if they actually traveled to a few southern states and interacted with the locals they would see otherwise. But they don't want to see otherwise, they want to cling to a convenient bad guy that's been created for them by the media and Hollyweird.

At the same time, they never want to make the mistake of stereotyping muslims as terrorists.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,754,176 times
Some of the nicest people we bumped into have been in the south. We went to Florida for a Disneyworld experience and we were tired after a long flight. Pulling the very large rental car into a parking lot of a Fridays we hit this car. So right away I am going through the glove department trying to find the insurance information because we knew we were going to get sued (in California you would have been sued) and there was this older gal standing in front of the car holding pies and she said "don'tcha all worry about it, I don't think you did any harm." We did not even scratch it but we just figured we owed her a new paint job. Every person we met on our trip was nothing but nice. The people inside the park were even polite vs Disneyland in CA where the sharpest elbo gets to the front of the line. I have met a great number of white trash idiots from the northeast part of the country, so should I consider all people from say New Jersey trash? Na.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:37 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
Rednecks can be some of the most ignorant creatures on Earth and the South has a large concentration of them. I have no problems with the Southern lifestyle, it is the IGNORANCE of the people that really gives the South a bad name. Segregation, slavery, no one can deny the South has a tradition of ignorance and intolerance.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Rednecks can be some of the most ignorant creatures on Earth and the South has a large concentration of them. I have no problems with the Southern lifestyle, it is the IGNORANCE of the people that really gives the South a bad name. Segregation, slavery, no one can deny the South has a tradition of ignorance and intolerance.
bullcrap southeners are not ignorant you are. why did you even post oh ignorant one

Old 11-22-2009, 04:44 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,777,435 times
I do proclaim dis here threat be stupid.

Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,311,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
bullcrap southeners are not ignorant you are. why did you even post oh ignorant one
Educational achievement in the South is indeed..IMPRESSIVE! Highest rates of teenage pregnancy are in LA, MS and AR. MS is the state with highest percentage of obesity in the nation, with almost 44% of children in MS being obese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.