Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:44 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The issue is not what Bush did - he had six dinners over his eight years. The issue is the scope and scale. The issue is that Obama promised different. The issue is that Obama told America we would have to "roll up our sleaves" and "cut back and sacrifice". I'm not seeing that. It's just the opposite.

How anyone can criticize Bush for eight years and defend Obama for the same (or worse) actions simply because "Bush did it also" escapes me. I truly worry for our nation.

Dont you know its only us that are to sacrifice and cut back NOT Obama or those in DC

Pretty soon people are going to start to get very bitter that he is golfing and having parties while they are suffering without jobs and losing their house
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 11:46 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,852,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
I reiterate. Please provide a link.
Are you wanting a link that republicans arent invited?

Top Republican Lawmakers Not Invited to Obama's First State Dinner - FOXNews.com

Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,312,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
No, he should pay for it with his own millions of dollars instead of ours.
I have no issue with the govt paying for it within reason. I find it slightly hypocrytical given the circumstances. A tent for 320 seems excessive even to some of the liberal bloggers I follow.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Time for a fact check for the liberal flunkies:

Bush hosted 6 state dinners in 8 years.

By comparison, Clinton hosted 25 (or 31). I'm seeing two different numbers

Don't even try it.

ummmm there were no wars during clinton, no huge deficit. Remember that conservatives?? We had the money.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The issue is not what Bush did - he had six dinners over his eight years. The issue is the scope and scale. The issue is that Obama promised different. The issue is that Obama told America we would have to "roll up our sleaves" and "cut back and sacrifice". I'm not seeing that. It's just the opposite.

How anyone can criticize Bush for eight years and defend Obama for the same (or worse) actions simply because "Bush did it also" escapes me. I truly worry for our nation.

how are they possibly worse??

plus i said he shouldn't have but don't act like its unique.

Plus a half million that could help our place in the world is money well spent.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
lol @ fox news
Top Republican Lawmakers Not Invited to Obama's First State Dinner
even they're whining about some republicans not getting invitations...not about the president having a state dinner during hard times.
But the BIC was the one who began his reign talking about bi-partisan legislation and now he is acting like we are a one-party nation, already. I believe that is what they are thinking and I will believe something else when I see more than one party represented on the ballot and me getting to vote next year.

This party is more indication that the Dems think they have absolute control and they will have to abolish voting to keep it that way.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

Dont you know its only us that are to sacrifice and cut back NOT Obama or those in DC

Pretty soon people are going to start to get very bitter that he is golfing and having parties while they are suffering without jobs and losing their house

jobs lost and a bad economy due the irresponsibility of 8 years by GW

Old 11-24-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But the BIC was the one who began his reign talking about bi-partisan legislation and now he is acting like we are a one-party nation, already. I believe that is what they are thinking and I will believe something else when I see more than one party represented on the ballot and me getting to vote next year.

This party is more indication that the Dems think they have absolute control and they will have to abolish voting to keep it that way.

yes because listened to the dems when they said...........oh wait never happened

Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,312,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
how are they possibly worse??

plus i said he shouldn't have but don't act like its unique.

Plus a half million that could help our place in the world is money well spent.
Obama inviting his friends to dinner does not improve our stature. You understand the history of the State Dinner I hope.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:58 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,294,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
yes because listened to the dems when they said...........oh wait never happened
What never happened? The Dems not allowing Republicans to enter amendments and like that? Yep, that is how they stopped the whole show of bi-partisanship. Whoops, I forgot that they define bi-partisanship as "do what we say or go down the road".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies