Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 10:01 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,773,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
It is true but heres the difference right now Democrats have a super majority so all things happening falls on them. There is no excuses. Cant blame republicans cant say they stopped anything because democrats dont need a single republican vote to pass anything they want

and if they do that you all scream and yell about how he lied about being bipartisan etc etc. Same old game. Like I have said before Republicans suck at leading but they are great at opposing. The oppose everything for the hell of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,870,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Yes I get a job from a small business, you know the ones that got zero help from those tax cuts. Secondly where were you when bush was in office, not screaming to end the war then. Its called we are in a huge mess and we have to somehow get out of it. You can't just end a war overnight and at least obama i focusing on the one that has some connection to us not Iraq because we want the oil.
Actually they did get help from them.

I didnt vote for Bush, I didnt approve of Bushs spending I dont approve of Obamas spending.

You want to ignore that Obama has a higher unemployment rate then Bush, Obama told Americans we have to sacrifice while he is living it up with mthly parties. I think a leader should lead by example. If he thinks we need to make sacrifices then he should also.

Tell me something how would you feel if you were without a job its christmas time, You dont have money to get your kids presents because all your income is paying bills. You listened to the president tell us we need to sacrifice and you watch him have party after party, Golf trip after Golf trip. Eatting 100.00 steaks. How do you think you would feel? Be honest

Democrats claim to be for the working class but yet put little thought into how they might be feeling right now. They dont put any thought into the working class that is going to pay for all of Obamas spending with higher taxes. Instead they make excuses for Obamas spending while slamming Bushs spending. Did you know Obama has spent more his 1st year then any other president

Unlike you I slam both parties

Old 11-25-2009, 10:03 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,870,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
and if they do that you all scream and yell about how he lied about being bipartisan etc etc. Same old game. Like I have said before Republicans suck at leading but they are great at opposing. The oppose everything for the hell of it.
See here is the deal, No matter if they can do that they shouldnt do that because they work for republican citizens also.

With the lack of leadership we have in this white house now I dont think I would complain to be honest about anyone elses

I am so sick of this Bush did it so Obama can do it but when Bush did it was bad and Obama doing it is great

Old 11-25-2009, 10:07 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,271,412 times
You guys, come on. I remember back in '07 when a "friend" was saying even back then that "we aren't in a recession...everything's fine!" & I told her that yes, in fact we were. She ate crow of course. I'm not sure why some are denying that this stuff happened a couple years ago. I don't care who was president, I just know that when Bush came into office, stuff was good, right? And then a year or two before he left, not so good, right? Logical deduction comes to...well....um...I guess whoever was in office during that in-between time may have screwed things up. It's a combination of the president & congress, so I guess use that bit of fact. Honestly, it's not that hard to realize that if a president leaves & times are hard, the next president is going to have a hell of a time trying to make it better. Why are some of you so stubborn about that fact? Even my dad, who is 73 can understand those simple terms & he's a libertarian.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,745,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
It's a combination of the president & congress, so I guess use that bit of fact. Honestly, it's not that hard to realize that if a president leaves & times are hard, the next president is going to have a hell of a time trying to make it better. Why are some of you so stubborn about that fact? Even my dad, who is 73 can understand those simple terms & he's a libertarian.
Definitely, "it's a combination of the president and congress". I agree with you there.

However, I don't agree that the president is trying to "make it better". His goal is to fundamentally change this country, not "make it better". His view of what is "better" is not the change people expected when they voted for him. Words do mean things, and Obama's vocabulary does not carry the meaning that is commonly accepted by most people. That's why there is a disconnect between what people thought he would do, and what he was planning to do.

Piling on mindless debt on top of debt is not a way of "making things better".
He just wants to accomplish as much of HIS agenda as possible before the people realize what hit them (and before we get too far into 2010), or it's likely to backfire on the Democrats. It's all politically motivated. Why else the hurry with all of it? They're not looking out for us. They're looking out for themselves. Even Pelosi is worried and starting to shift the blame to Obama.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Actually they did get help from them.

I didnt vote for Bush, I didnt approve of Bushs spending I dont approve of Obamas spending.

You want to ignore that Obama has a higher unemployment rate then Bush, Obama told Americans we have to sacrifice while he is living it up with mthly parties. I think a leader should lead by example. If he thinks we need to make sacrifices then he should also.

Tell me something how would you feel if you were without a job its christmas time, You dont have money to get your kids presents because all your income is paying bills. You listened to the president tell us we need to sacrifice and you watch him have party after party, Golf trip after Golf trip. Eatting 100.00 steaks. How do you think you would feel? Be honest

Democrats claim to be for the working class but yet put little thought into how they might be feeling right now. They dont put any thought into the working class that is going to pay for all of Obamas spending with higher taxes. Instead they make excuses for Obamas spending while slamming Bushs spending. Did you know Obama has spent more his 1st year then any other president

Unlike you I slam both parties

I already stated that I did not think the party should even be held. I am not a huge supporter of Obama at all. I just think the guy gets unfair treatment and is expected to fix everything in a minute. He has been in office 11 months. Bush ran the country into the ground for 8 years. At least give the guy 2 years to see if he can fix some things. He may have spent more if you are correct and I completely disagree with how it was spent. It was an attempt to stimulate the economy. A misguided attempt but an attempt. The economy however is in shambles not because of Obama but because of years of poor management and the same goes for unemployment.

I don't consider myself a deomocrat as I would not align myself with the likes of any politicians. I am however a "working class" person. I run my own business and got zero help from the tax breaks. I also have several friends/ colleagues who run their own business who got zero help as well. The help all went to business's making way more than the average joe.

if it was up to me that stimulus package would have been evenly divided to every american making under 200k a year. That would have stimulated the economy.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:15 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,831,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love.doll View Post
lol @ fox news
Top Republican Lawmakers Not Invited to Obama's First State Dinner
even they're whining about some republicans not getting invitations...not about the president having a state dinner during hard times.
They would not have dinner at my house either! I would rather have Charlie Manson, Dennis Rader and OJ Simpson as dinner guest than a Republican! At least they have SOME morals!

Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 PM

30,268 posts, read 18,822,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Economy is in shambles. Deficit in the trillions. Not to worry - let's throw a State Dinner. Yes, 320 liberal elite will converge on the South lawn in a tent decorated to the hilt. The guest list is so large they won't fit in White House. Just think of the carbon footprint of all those jets flying in for dinner!

Estimated cost: millions.

Go Obama! You are truly a man of the people, for the people in difficult times.

I think that real presidents spend time with the troops on Thanksgiving. Who is that guy in the oval office? Fortunately, he is just a tenent and will be leaving in three years.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
See here is the deal, No matter if they can do that they shouldnt do that because they work for republican citizens also.

With the lack of leadership we have in this white house now I dont think I would complain to be honest about anyone elses

I am so sick of this Bush did it so Obama can do it but when Bush did it was bad and Obama doing it is great

I am not totally sure what you are saying. But as I said before I am not necessarily defending Obama Just saying that you can't take the big picture and lump the whole thing into Obama is awful because he hasn't fixed 8 years of a mess in 11 months. I mean people are complaining about a 1/2 million dollar party but the cost of war is at just about 1 trillion dollars right now. With the entirely unjustified Iraq war being over 700 billion. 700 billion divided by 300 million is $2333 per american citizen we have spent in an unjustified war. You know hw that could have stimulated the economy, created jobs etc. Again not a huge Obama fan, didn't even vote for him. But give me a break when it comes to blaming him for everything

Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Definitely, "it's a combination of the president and congress". I agree with you there.

However, I don't agree that the president is trying to "make it better". His goal is to fundamentally change this country, not "make it better". His view of what is "better" is not the change people expected when they voted for him. Words do mean things, and Obama's vocabulary does not carry the meaning that is commonly accepted by most people. That's why there is a disconnect between what people thought he would do, and what he was planning to do.

Piling on mindless debt on top of debt is not a way of "making things better".
He just wants to accomplish as much of HIS agenda as possible before the people realize what hit them (and before we get too far into 2010), or it's likely to backfire on the Democrats. It's all politically motivated. Why else the hurry with all of it? They're not looking out for us. They're looking out for themselves. Even Pelosi is worried and starting to shift the blame to Obama.

You kind of sound like some conspiracy theorist. What exactly do you think "his agenda" is that he so badly wants to take care of??????. I mean its not like he is highly connected to oil tycoons and he is going to start a war to make tons of money. We all know a true american would never do such a thing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies