Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:26 PM

636 posts, read 1,423,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what is amazing is the nerve of the liberals to pretend that they are somehow more intelligent than conservatives. liberalism is a disease. there is nothing intelligent about it.
Neo-conservatism is just as flawed.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:27 PM

555 posts, read 1,654,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Michigan Man View Post
The Federal Reserve does, though. Why would you have voted for him again?
Federal Reserve does... congress does... the Presidential budget does... people do... the macro economy that is the United States economy is incredibly complex. To blame a single person for the mess is just silly. No one person has the power to create this sort of mess.

Why would I have voted for him again? Because I felt like he supported America against the rest of the world. I also felt like he did what I believe a representative leader should do. He was not ruled by NATO or the UN, he was not ruled by public opinion. He was strong in his beliefs, did what he felt was best for the country. After 8 years of Clinton hiding behind public opinion polls and constantly being pushed around by the UN, it was refreshing to have an American leader put America first. It was also great to have a leader who could make hard decisions even if they weren't popular because he thought they were the right way to go. Was he always right? Heck no, but then, who is? But at least he made decisions and stood behind them, hard decisions. That's more then we can say for the typical American politician these days who seems more worried about getting reelected then actually changing anything.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Neo-conservatism is just as flawed.
if you are talking about those who believe we should go into other countries to try to turn a bunch of savages into a peaceful democratic society then im in total agreement.

with regard to obama's decision to send more troops to afghanistan: why the hell wasnt that a very easy decision? theoretically, almost everyone who voted for him would be happy if we didnt send more troops. real conservatives should be happy if he sent no more troops. yet for some reason, he spent months coming to a decision of whats the best move would be for him politically and he is going to send over 30k more soldiers. why?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemmert View Post
Federal Reserve does... congress does... the Presidential budget does... people do... the macro economy that is the United States economy is incredibly complex. To blame a single person for the mess is just silly. No one person has the power to create this sort of mess.

Why would I have voted for him again? Because I felt like he supported America against the rest of the world. I also felt like he did what I believe a representative leader should do. He was not ruled by NATO or the UN, he was not ruled by public opinion. He was strong in his beliefs, did what he felt was best for the country. After 8 years of Clinton hiding behind public opinion polls and constantly being pushed around by the UN, it was refreshing to have an American leader put America first. It was also great to have a leader who could make hard decisions even if they weren't popular because he thought they were the right way to go. Was he always right? Heck no, but then, who is? But at least he made decisions and stood behind them, hard decisions. That's more then we can say for the typical American politician these days who seems more worried about getting reelected then actually changing anything.
I’m not blaming one man for the entire economy, but I am blaming him for not change the crony capitalism that DC has and currently employs. There’s no reason a non-transparent and unelected Federal Reserve should manipulate our money supply while The Pres/Congress run irresponsible deficits.

I hear what you’re saying but when someone systematically circumvents the Constitution to assert their own power, I don’t consider their actions to be legitimate. A criminal who repeats violent actions against others is sticking to his guns too, it doesn’t make it right or moral.

I’d say the same about Obama too. Clearly, the wars speak for themselves which is on Bush and yet, Obama has done nothing to limit the damage, so he should take some blame as well. They are both awful.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
I’m not blaming one man for the entire economy, but I am blaming him for not change the crony capitalism that DC has and currently employs.
thats politics. sure, you can hate bush for it but every single politician we currently have and have had is guilty of it.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
thats politics. sure, you can hate bush for it but every single politician we currently have and have had is guilty of it.
We vote for it, therefore, we deserve it. But they still deserve to get trashed for it. They know better.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
We vote for it, therefore, we deserve it. But they still deserve to get trashed for it. They know better.
what else should we vote for? i wish someone would redo the system to prevent corruption but the problem is the people writing the laws are the people who benefit from not eliminating the corruption. theres no decent people to vote for in that regard.

look at the tremendous debt we have. the politicians are free to spend our money and get us into tons of debt. what does it hurt them? they benefit from all the spending and dont have any liability for all the debt they are putting us in. their job isnt to get us out of debt, their job is to get us into as much debt as they can get away with. thats how they get rewarded. then they have the nerve to blame the private sector, evil corporations, evil CEO's while they make a mess of our currency and our financial situation.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:03 PM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,921 times
Default "Newbies" with a clear agenda...

Anyone else notice a trend among "newbies" in the forum to repeatedly post about how "educated" people allegedly vote Democratic? Some suggest they take it to the political forum. I'd say the propaganda forum may be more appropriate. Wonder whose tax-paid payroll they're on?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:46 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
you are not a republican. if you were, you wouldnt be lying. you said 8 years straight of of job losses, that isnt true according the the BLS Bureau of Labor Statistics Data.

the reality is, the economy was fine at that point. we were actually doing very well, thats what ultimately led to a big collapse a couple years later.

what exactly did bush have to do with the "total collapse of all regulations (give me a break)"

you are full of it.
remember August 2007 then December 2007 was the real downturn, aka BARNEY FRANK!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:51 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Anyone else notice a trend among "newbies" in the forum to repeatedly post about how "educated" people allegedly vote Democratic? Some suggest they take it to the political forum. I'd say the propaganda forum may be more appropriate. Wonder whose tax-paid payroll they're on?
I've noticed the same thing. They say that they are republicans and educated then bash anyone that votes for repubs as dummies. Us dummies just put Christie in. They post 5 times and say the same thing under different names. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies