Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 05:37 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Yeah. Brilliant. An unmarried student can choose between an abortion or sterilization as if she will never want to have a child some day just because she doesn't want on at that point of her life.
And tell me again why a student should get a paid for abortion ? Doesn't sound like her kid will be a criminal.

How about her parents or their private insurance helping her out with the cost of this elective surgery ?

Don't want her parents to know ? That's who should be helping her

If it's elective it should not be free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 05:37 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
1. Really? What about the universal right to life of the unborn child?

2. Really? I didn't realize by killing a baby here in the United States we were preventing children from being born around the world.

3. Really? What does killing unwanted children have to do with lowering the amount of crime? I don't recall to many young mothers knocking over local stores in order to steal diapers.

4. The only person who doesn't want the child is the person killing the child, there are many in this country who can not have children that would love a chance to adopt a newborn.

There are many problems in this world, government sanctioned killing of unborn children will never be a solution.
There is NO SUCH thing as an "unborn child"!! For Gawdssake, it is a daymn FETUS not a CHILD! If it ain't born, it ain't human. It is a fertilized EGG! Did you eat eggs for breakfast? Do you feel bad about the "abortion" you caused?

Old 11-26-2009, 05:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Other than rape, I still go with most abortions are elective.

While I am Pro Choice, I'm also for the person, couple or private insurance paying the tab for elective surgeries.

Not me or the other taxpayers.
I can agree with that too. Too bad we don't have the same option with "elective wars".

Old 11-26-2009, 05:39 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I wonder how many of these conservatives that are against killing (unborn) babies like to go hunting and kill animals.

Stupid stupid comparison.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:40 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And tell me again why a student should get a paid for abortion ? Doesn't sound like her kid will be a criminal.

How about her parents or their private insurance helping her out with the cost of this elective surgery ?

Don't want her parents to know ? That's who should be helping her

If it's elective it should not be free.
1. I believe that we should have universal one payer health care and that all abortions should be covered.
2. Her body, her choice.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:42 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Your kids will be paying for it too- and probably dying in it because it probably will not end for another 20+ years just like Vietnam. I say better to get an abortion than to have to put all the time, money and effort into raising a kid just so the government can kill them in Iraq.
yes yes yes. now carry on. do your duty

Old 11-26-2009, 05:46 PM

7,934 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There is NO SUCH thing as an "unborn child"!! For Gawdssake, it is a daymn FETUS not a CHILD! If it ain't born, it ain't human. It is a fertilized EGG! Did you eat eggs for breakfast? Do you feel bad about the "abortion" you caused?
Unless there was a chicken embryo in your scrambled egg, you ate an unfertilized egg. Big difference.

If fetus isn't human then what precisely is it? Simian? Vegetable?

Whether you agree with abortion or not, there is one thing that is indisputable. When a woman starts undergoing an abortion she has a living "thing" in her womb, it has a heart rate, it breathes, it feels pain. At the end of the abortion that "thing" no longer breathes, no longer feels anything, no longer has a pulse. It is now dead.

Now one can argue that the woman should have control over what is growing in her body, but don't underestimate the action of abortion killing something that was alive.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:48 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,591,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I wonder how many of these conservatives that are against killing (unborn) babies like to go hunting and kill animals.
What does hunting animals that can be eaten have anything to do with unborn children being killed with tax payer dollars? Do you really think Bambi should have the same rights as a baby?

Old 11-26-2009, 05:48 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
What a BS argument this " I don't want to pay for this" is. Guess what, I didn't wanna pay for all the wars the Republicans launched in the last years. Pay ME back ,and I'll allow you not to pay for abortions. As long as I am being forced to pay for our troops to get killed abroad, you just gotta suck it up.
I'm so sick and tired of this conservative crap.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:54 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
What a BS argument this " I don't want to pay for this" is. Guess what, I didn't wanna pay for all the wars the Republicans launched in the last years. Pay ME back ,and I'll allow you not to pay for abortions. As long as I am being forced to pay for our troops to get killed abroad, you just gotta suck it up.
I'm so sick and tired of this conservative crap.
And what other elective surgeries are OK for the Govt to pay for ?

How about the surgeries for fat people ? Liposuction ? Breast implants for transvestites ?

How about we just spend our money on necessary stuff like cancer ?

Most Abortion is an elective surgery usually not performed for medical reasons. Let's spend our limited money where it does the most good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies