Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
That term was never used. "Eastern" was the term used. And since it wasn't happening HERE--it's none of our business. Isolationism is a good policy.
you're blind it said EASTERN/ARAB. I don't care what goes on over there, they can blow themselves up until there's noone left, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:34 PM

731 posts, read 776,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Well you are not honest about your experience there or you sugar coat it leaving out the parts we my judge disfavorably.

Saudi law allows a husband to prevent his spouse from leaving the country without his permission. That is not freedom of movement, women do not have that luxury. Woman are property in Saudi Arabia.

If woman had frredom of movement, then why can't this Canadian Woman, Nathalie Morin, fly home. She is being held against here will. And she is not the only one.
Trust me King Abdallah, the new king is cracking down on these laws slowly because you cant just change anything in a surprise. As for the women, the situation is much better for them, because they have their groups and their rights and the government also listens to their needs. 20-15 years ago these laws were strictly enforced, but nowadays a lot of things changed. He's also hiring modern and educated people who will make Saudi Arabia even more advanced with technology and stuff like that.

This is a new city that is being built
A New City in the Saudi Desert - TIME

This university costed $1 billion that would be international, it opened in september 2009 and there is another one they're building in Riyadh that would be bigger.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology

Old 12-01-2009, 02:35 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
No, we invaded to stop the murdering of innocent people by the blood thirsty animals that inhabit those areas.
Right--we wanted to be able to kill those innocent people ourselves instead. How dare they take our fun away?

Old 12-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
you're blind it said EASTERN/ARAB. I don't care what goes on over there, they can blow themselves up until there's noone left, I wouldn't lose any sleep.
Then why do you want it knocked down--if you "don't care"?

I don't want anything to do with them--I care less than you do.

Quote:
Right--we wanted to be able to kill those innocent people ourselves instead. How dare they take our fun away?
yep, how did you guess.

Quote:
yeah, I'm sure they are paying the enemy. Where do you get your information? From the local mosque?
Lol, no buddy, i get it from RAWA news, this site stands for the rights of the Afghani people and its not biased, this site is against the Taliban and against the Occupation.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Then why do you want it knocked down--if you "don't care"?

I don't want anything to do with them--I care less than you do.
beacuse it's the only way to solve the dilemma.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 PM

Again--that's not the attitude of someone who "doesn't care".

Someone who didn't care couldn't be bothered. I'm SO glad I'm no longer in the military, so I can stay in one place and not travel the world.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:38 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Default a$$hat award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Your lot invaded those countries because your lot are imperialists.
Do you live under a rock? WTF do we want with Afghanistan? Sand and poppies? Please. You creditablity is out the window.

Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
No, we invaded to stop the murdering of innocent people by the blood thirsty animals that inhabit those areas.
Well there's still no rights in afghansitan today, so i dont know what you're really talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies