Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:26 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I had to chuckle when I saw this thread. About a month ago I started a thread on the saome subject, after one day seeing a pair of yuppie couples outside my local coffee cafe cooing and ahh-ing as they watched an adopted little china girl march around wearing a Mao hat--replete with red star! My thread alluded to the fact that it seemed as if adopting chinese babies was the new trendy thing to do, like pit-bellied pigs a while back, and then I think it was the vietnamese hedgehog fad. Anyway, I created a firestorm of controversy with my thread, much of it hilarious from knee-jerk liberal humanist yuppies, like the ones I'm sure you're gonna hear from. LOL
My question for those of your 'kind' would be this: When you see an interracial couple, do you think to yourself "oh look - another race hating X/another white person trying to show how liberal they are/what a trendy thing to do"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 03:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I had to chuckle when I saw this thread. About a month ago I started a thread on the saome subject, after one day seeing a pair of yuppie couples outside my local coffee cafe cooing and ahh-ing as they watched an adopted little china girl march around wearing a Mao hat--replete with red star! My thread alluded to the fact that it seemed as if adopting chinese babies was the new trendy thing to do, like pit-bellied pigs a while back, and then I think it was the vietnamese hedgehog fad. Anyway, I created a firestorm of controversy with my thread, much of it hilarious from knee-jerk liberal humanist yuppies, like the ones I'm sure you're gonna hear from. LOL
It is not exactly some new "fad" for US couples to adopt Chinese girls. These adoptions have been going on for at least 15-20 years now. If you just heard of it, you're the one who's been under a rock.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It is not exactly some new "fad" for US couples to adopt Chinese girls. These adoptions have been going on for at least 15-20 years now. If you just heard of it, you're the one who's been under a rock.
yep, we had neighbors in the Dallas area that first adopted a chinese little girl, then twins from India, followed by a Russian boy and another Asian. They moved to Nashville and eventually were written up in something like USA Today weekend magazine. they had added a few more kids from other countries starting with another Chinese girl. This started about 20 years ago.

Nita

Old 12-13-2009, 03:38 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,991 times
Quote:
My thread alluded to the fact that it seemed as if adopting chinese babies was the new trendy thing to do, like pit-bellied pigs a while back, and then I think it was the vietnamese hedgehog fad. LOL

It does seem to at least LOOK that way, doesn't it? The overwhelming biological need to be a mother is probably more of the impetus than charity, though either or both could be a factor.

You mean, pot-bellied pigs.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:49 PM

433 posts, read 261,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
It does seem to at least LOOK that way, doesn't it? The overwhelming biological need to be a mother is probably more of the impetus than charity, though either or both could be a factor.

You mean, pot-bellied pigs.
Quote:

yeah people spend 30k and have a child to take care of and support for 20 years to be part of a fad. get a clue

Old 12-13-2009, 10:50 PM

433 posts, read 261,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Blood is best? Marry your sister, did you?

you do realize the conversation was about children staying with their parents right? I ASSume you are just being an A##

Old 12-13-2009, 10:54 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
It is very unfortunate that the huge, growing middle class and wealthy in China do not adopt their own female babies.

While I am happy that a little girl has a better life here, I wonder if the white adoptive parents are trying to do the "diversity" thing?

Because if it was just about charity, there are so many children they could be helping right in this country.

I am not saying it's bad; I applaud they have such love in their hearts, but do you wonder about this?

Perhaps some people don't see it like that. I know I don't.

I see it merely as adopting a baby. Race is irrelevant.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer222 View Post
you do realize the conversation was about children staying with their parents right? I ASSume you are just being an A##

Actually anyone who would say 'blood is best' would be the azz --- just my opinion of course

After all, what constitutes 'blood' exactly? DNA? Then how does one 'love' a spouse? How does one fully commit to someone who is not exactly like themselves, if blood is paramount?

When it comes to children, obviously parents who love their child, take care of their child and protect their child is best. Of course, one need not be related by blood to do that.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:47 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post

China has a reputation for providing good care to infants in their orphanages. The infants tend to be healthy. The odds are slim that the birthparents were crack hos and pimps. Chinese children tend to be intelligent with the potential to be high achievers. Infertile couples are very frequently highly educated with professional careers, and it's natural that they would want to parent a child who has the same potential.
Of course, the model minority. Everyone knows that Chinese people are superior to blacks and every other mud race. Can't wait until that demographic time bomb (no girls for all those great Chinese little princes to marry) erupts in a few years. We'll see how model that society is when China runs out of potential wives.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Of course, the model minority. Everyone knows that Chinese people are superior to blacks and every other mud race. Can't wait until that demographic time bomb (no girls for all those great Chinese little princes to marry) erupts in a few years. We'll see how model that society is when China runs out of potential wives.

Of course in China they are not the model minority -- what with being the majority and all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies