Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:10 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,561,928 times

Advertisements

What are the reasons ?

Does the difference keep on growing with the other groups ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 01:11 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,677,343 times
calculus instead of hip hop and rap? just guessing.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:31 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,454,211 times
Education. Asians parents push education, most other cultures do not push to the extent that Asians and Indians do. Also many married children have their parents living with them so they save on child care so both parents can work.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:50 PM

4,922 posts, read 3,385,584 times
Cultural values....

Especially the valuing of intelligence as a virtue and not a vice...

The OPPOSITE of what is occurring in the US...

Old 12-12-2009, 01:56 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,896,665 times
Yep, would agree with everything said so far. Cultural values that promote education, achievement, responsibility to family in practical ways as well as responsibility toward family honor and reputation, working as a team instead of putting individual desires first. Asians have a strong concept of shame and honor, something lacking in minority groups and becoming more and more lacking among whites as well, of all classes.

Old 12-12-2009, 01:59 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,561,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Yep, would agree with everything said so far. Cultural values that promote education, achievement, responsibility to family in practical ways as well as responsibility toward family honor and reputation, working as a team instead of putting individual desires first. Asians have a strong concept of shame and honor, something lacking in minority groups and becoming more and more lacking among whites as well, of all classes.

It's the same thing in Europa

Old 12-12-2009, 02:02 PM

4,922 posts, read 3,385,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
That's why American society is turning into a country of primitive, brutal savages. Sad but true. Just check out some of the threads in the "Relationships" forum if anyone doesn't believe me LoL...

Old 12-12-2009, 02:03 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,600,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Education. Asians parents push education, most other cultures do not push to the extent that Asians and Indians do. Also many married children have their parents living with them so they save on child care so both parents can work.
I assume your Indian neighbor told you this?

But it is true. My uncle has his parents (my moms parents) living with him and they have taken care of my cousins all this time. He did not have to pay them or anything.

I am Indian and my parents would still would not hesitate smacking me over getting terrible grades and I am a junior in college now.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,591,263 times
Because if I came home with 98 on a test, my mother would ask me what happened to the other 2%.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:14 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,454,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I assume your Indian neighbor told you this?
LOL I told you I live in a predominantly Indian town I know a lot about their culture. And LOVE their food.

Quote:
But it is true. My uncle has his parents (my moms parents) living with him and they have taken care of my cousins all this time. He did not have to pay them or anything.

I am Indian and my parents would still would not hesitate smacking me over getting terrible grades and I am a junior in college now.

Yup, if there is one thing Indian parents will NOT tolerate it is doing bad in school. For the most part they are very docile people but don't get bad grades. My friend is the most soft spoken woman I have ever met but look out if her kids come home with a bad grade. Damn!!! I was there one time when her son (12) got a "C" on a test and she went up one side of him and down the other. All in her language of course but I got the jist of what she was saying to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies