Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:21 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
His education has proven to be a complete useless tool.
I can't even argue with something this dumb. I guess you must be one of those types who are scared of politicians smarter than you and would rather vote for a guy that you'd like to have a beer with.

Quote:
History? How do we know his history, the idiot from the villages has hidden his entire life history from us.
He's wrote two best selling books outlining his life and spent most of his adulthood serving in the government. If you don't know his history it's because you're too lazy to look it up and read it.

Quote:
She would absolutely wipe the floor with him if the election were held today.
Delusional.

Quote:
His massive failures has been a total gift the the GOP.
Funny, that's what the Democrats said in 2004, and Bush actually was a failure, yet how well did that work out for them?

Quote:
Education, he probably had someone even buy that for him. No one with all that fake education can be that damn stupid as he has turned out to be.
I bet you think 9/11 was an inside job too, and that the moon landings were faked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
With above comments like yours ... I can see how Republicans managed to vote for an idiot like George W. Bush!

Twice !!!
Yeah, tell me about it.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Bossco,

Why do you you get so ramped up? You aren't going to vote GOP so why do you care who we vote for? Palin's record is far suppior to Obama's before he got annoited, oops, elected. What did he do? Vote "present".

You rant about her because you are afraid. You can't even discuss her without steeping so low you have to resort to name calling.

Don't worry about her, chill out. We will pick our own candidates, thank you.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
These statements are contradictory. Democrats don't need to be worried about the far right wing base that Palin has got all fired up. Those people aren't going to win the election for the Republicans. It's the independents and moderates that win elections and we saw how those people fled from the McCain/Palin ticket in record numbers.

Also remember that the tea-bagger that Palin and Glenn Beck endorsed for New York's 23rd District lost out to a liberal Democrat. That's the first time that a Democrat has held that seat since the Civil War.

What do you have to say about that?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Palin supporter by any means. You should read some of my earlier posts on the matter. I had first hand dealings with her during the McCain/Palin campaign. I stopped dismissing her as most Dems do a while ago. At the same time I recognize her ongoing evolution and realize that the people handling her now are very, very good at what they do. Lets just say......I'm in "The Business"

As to your retorts, I think Democrats need to be very worried about Palin. Sure, the Tea Party movement will not become the majority party anytime soon. But as Joe Leiberman showed, 1 man can cripple 59 party votes unless they gave him what he wanted. If, as I predict that there will be a coalition between Tea Party and Evangelicals they you create a powerful block in primaries and generals. Lets call it the equivalent to the Black Vote the dem's now have. In certain critical voting areas the black vote is crucial to Dems getting elected. Palin's group is the republican equivalent. Let's say that they get 4-8 senate seats all endorsed by Palin's coalition, those senators will vote the Palin agenda. Very scary indeed. I think the dems are asleep at the wheel on this one.

The 23rd. District is another story. Considering the limited time he had to campaign and "What's her name?" endorsing his opponent, he garnered a lot of votes in a short time. Not really much to hang our hats on. See, that's what Dems have to realize, that was only a first effort. They will get better at it. It all comes down to the handlers, once again.

I hope I don't come off as a Palin supporter cause I'm definately not.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:08 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I admitted nothing of the sort, roy. Don't be so presumptuous. You can excuse her all you want, but I'm not buying it. Apparently, she has you convinced that she's such a victim. Sounds like what an alcoholic would say. I've seen excerpts from her book and seen some of her interviews. She hasn't changed one bit. In fact, IMO, she's gotten worse.How do you excuse...er...explain her utter failure with the campaign interviews? Was the McCain camp provided with the questions in advance? Maybe it's mind control, eh? Yeah, that's it. It's Obama's fault, with his evil communist mind control machine. Damn thugs.
Right on, bro. I think she has gotten worse. Now that she's become a cult figure for knee-jerk feminists and ditto-heads, she's making the huge mistake of believing her own publicity, and thus thinking less--if that's even possible--before opening her arrogant yap. And, btw-she uses the term "Joe six-pack" all the time; it's a a pet saying of hers. Thus quoting her with that is not an admission of not being updated on her verbal gaffes.* Look guys, the simple truth is that McCain knew she was an idiot from the git-go. She was merely a political pawn, used by the McCain team to reel in the far-right sector of the GOP base, since that was the coalition where they thought his support might be suspect. Many repubs felt McCain wasn't conservative enough, and if they brought in a neocon MALE, they would lose any hope of snagging moderate females. So the dirty work fell to Palin. She was a tool.
Wait a sec, she still is! LOL.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Right on, bro. I think she has gotten worse. Now that she's become a cult figure for knee-jerk feminists and ditto-heads, she's making the huge mistake of believing her own publicity, and thus thinking less--if that's even possible--before opening her arrogant yap. And, btw-she uses the term "Joe six-pack" all the time; it's a a pet saying of hers. Thus quoting her with that is not an admission of not being updated on her verbal gaffes.* Look guys, the simple truth is that McCain knew she was an idiot from the git-go. She was merely a political pawn, used by the McCain team to reel in the far-right sector of the GOP base, since that was the coalition where they thought his support might be suspect. Many repubs felt McCain wasn't conservative enough, and if they brought in a neocon MALE, they would lose any hope of snagging moderate females. So the dirty work fell to Palin. She was a tool.
your suppositions nailed it pretty good.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why do you you get so ramped up?
Because I have a low tolerance for stupid people.

Quote:
You aren't going to vote GOP so why do you care who we vote for?
Really? Up until fairly recently I was a registered Republican, and I voted for a Republican in my last mayoral race. I also voted for a two Republicans running for city council and supported a Republican in the mayoral election back in my hometown.

I'm a moderate with a very slight left lean. Actually you would probably call me a fiscal conservative/social liberal, which is exactly what our current president is. Given those stances, it's not hard to see that I will vote across party lines as I see fit. That's not going to happen on the national level because the Republican party has been hijacked by the fear mongering NeoCons, alienating moderates like myself.

That's alright though. It actually works out either way.

Quote:
Palin's record is far suppior to Obama's before he got annoited, oops, elected. What did he do? Vote "present".
First off I had to laugh at the "annoited" shot, considering the huge LANDSLIDE VICTORY Obama enjoyed, especially after the Bush debacle back in 2000.

Secondly, it's clear you don't have a friggin clue if you think Palin has a better record than Obama. But again, feel free to challenge me on that point. So far no one has taken me up on that offer.

Quote:
You rant about her because you are afraid.
I love it when idiots throw this out there. Palin was supposed to be the breath of fresh air into a dying McCain campaign and an equalizer to the charismatic opposition, yet all she did was provide the final nail in the coffin as she drove away what few moderates remained.

Given that performance, what in the world could we possibly be afraid of?

Quote:
You can't even discuss her without steeping so low you have to resort to name calling.
Everything I said about her is accurate.

Quote:
Don't worry about her
Believe me, we're not.

Quote:
We will pick our own candidates, thank you.
And what a fine job you've been doing. [/sarcasm]

Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Palin supporter by any means. You should read some of my earlier posts on the matter. I had first hand dealings with her during the McCain/Palin campaign. I stopped dismissing her as most Dems do a while ago. At the same time I recognize her ongoing evolution and realize that the people handling her now are very, very good at what they do. Lets just say......I'm in "The Business"
That's fine, but you go and put her on the presidential campaign trail and your ability to protect her drops substantially. Also anytime you have a candidate that needs to be handled with kid gloves like that, it's never a good thing.

And people want to put her up against Obama in debates? I'd honestly feel a little sorry for Sarah if it got that far.

Quote:
As to your retorts, I think Democrats need to be very worried about Palin. Sure, the Tea Party movement will not become the majority party anytime soon. But as Joe Leiberman showed, 1 man can cripple 59 party votes unless they gave him what he wanted. If, as I predict that there will be a coalition between Tea Party and Evangelicals they you create a powerful block in primaries and generals. Lets call it the equivalent to the Black Vote the dem's now have. In certain critical voting areas the black vote is crucial to Dems getting elected. Palin's group is the republican equivalent. Let's say that they get 4-8 senate seats all endorsed by Palin's coalition, those senators will vote the Palin agenda. Very scary indeed. I think the dems are asleep at the wheel on this one.
The Tea Party is nothing but an irrelevant group of partisan jackasses. Even if the Teabaggers and the Evangelicals hook up, that still wouldn't be enough strength IMO. Those two groups, even as a whole, don't have the numbers to make up what they'd lose in moderates and independents, which as we talked about early, is where elections are won and lost.

She's got a real tough road just to get the presidential nomination, and then she has an even tougher job going up against someone like Obama and the well oiled political machine that he has running. I honestly believe they'd turn her into hamburger on the campaign trail.

Quote:
The 23rd. District is another story. Considering the limited time he had to campaign and "What's her name?" endorsing his opponent, he garnered a lot of votes in a short time. Not really much to hang our hats on. See, that's what Dems have to realize, that was only a first effort. They will get better at it. It all comes down to the handlers, once again.
I think you're putting too much stock into rookie failures and lack of time. You had a conservative running in a conservative owned district in the absolute most conservative part of the state, yet he lost to a rather liberal Democrat. Even with the handicaps you mentioned, they should have been able to hold onto that seat.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Actually, feminists won't (and haven't) supported Palin, mainly because she is an adamant pro-lifer, even in cases of rape and incest. Women, especially feminists, tend to educate themselves on issues better than most and they will flee from any ticket that has Palin's name attached to it.

This is why McCain picking her as his VP was such a shocker. He obviously wanted to secure the feminist vote but picked the one person who would almost ensure they voted Democrat.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:21 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Bossco,

Why do you you get so ramped up? You aren't going to vote GOP so why do you care who we vote for? Palin's record is far suppior to Obama's before he got annoited, oops, elected. What did he do? Vote "present".

You rant about her because you are afraid. You can't even discuss her without steeping so low you have to resort to name calling.

Don't worry about her, chill out. We will pick our own candidates, thank you.
You know, I really think Palin is funny. She somehow has parlayed a combination of willful ignorance, pluck, and seeming victimhood into a ghost-written best-selling autobiography. Of sorts.

I hope she and her ghostwriters laugh all the way to the bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies