Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
To go to Harvard Law School makes one not stupid.
The school means nothing. My niece competed with two Harvard grads for a job as a prosecutor for the SEC and her degree from Cleveland State in Ohio didn't keep her from getting the job. She has prosecuted some really big white collar crimes and seldom failed to catch the 1:00 pm plane for home when she had the defense lawyers crying by 10:30 am. Her boss loved to see that happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Really? So you think getting a bachelor's degree, then taking the LSATs, which is not a walk in the park by the way, then getting accepted into a law school, then going thru...what is it, how many years of school do they go thru? I forget. You don't think some sort of intelligence is required for that? LOL, wow....it becomes clear to me now. Perhaps you've been jaded by your choice of hack attorneys...I don't know, however to think someone isn't bright or smart who gets thru law school & then has a successful career after that...well, that's just stupid.
What did Obama do as a career after getting out of Harvard, if he actually did graduate? Lets see, he went to Chicago and served as a community organizer, began a group called Public Allies that still trains community organizers and other non-profit workers. He worked at that for three years then got elected to the Illinois legislature. Michelle ran Public Allies for three years after he did. He then went to the US Senate and served two years before he started campaigning for President. Now I just don't see that successful lawyer work you talk about. He has been a success at Chicago politics and community organizing and nothing else that used his lawyerese.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
If you mean by someone coming on & re-wording someone else's post....I have seen that. And it is by no mean a rare occurrence.
Did they appear in the light blue that shows quote? If so I am going to check some of the people here since I know that two of you know how to do that. Claiming that somebody said something when it was the exact opposite of what was said is about as low as a poster can go.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:10 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What did Obama do as a career after getting out of Harvard, if he actually did graduate? Lets see, he went to Chicago and served as a community organizer, began a group called Public Allies that still trains community organizers and other non-profit workers. He worked at that for three years then got elected to the Illinois legislature. Michelle ran Public Allies for three years after he did. He then went to the US Senate and served two years before he started campaigning for President. Now I just don't see that successful lawyer work you talk about. He has been a success at Chicago politics and community organizing and nothing else that used his lawyerese.
I saw the clip...I'm sorry, that's great Beck has been clean for 15 years, however..."by golly, who'd you rather have do your brain surgery...", yeah, put that into perspective. And I am not against people who haven't been educated, or had a higher education, I'm not like that. But for christssakes, to sit there & say that education is bad??? There is something inherently wrong w/thinking that way.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,502,228 times
What can I say?? Beck is an attention wh*re.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Do you think your choice of rhetoric was an intelligent one?

The Supreme Court ruled abortion to be a right. Acknowledgement of the SC's decision is no more "promoting" abortion than repeal of the 18th Amendment promoted alcoholism.

Kill every baby in the world? It takes some nerve to criticize another's intelligence and conscience when using ridiculous rhetoric such as this.
And screaming "Palin is stupid" isn't rhetoric and takes a lot of nerve?

HUGE difference between buying an abortion and buying a beer.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
I saw the clip...I'm sorry, that's great Beck has been clean for 15 years, however..."by golly, who'd you rather have do your brain surgery...", yeah, put that into perspective. And I am not against people who haven't been educated, or had a higher education, I'm not like that. But for christssakes, to sit there & say that education is bad??? There is something inherently wrong w/thinking that way.
I would just as soon a blue collar worker who uses his hands at work do it as to have a lawyer do my brain. The lawyer would try to sue me if he slipped and killed me.

Can you point the part of the video where Beck said stupid over educated. It isn't there but kevk convinced you that it was. It is very sad that so few libs will watch Beck but all claim to know so much about him. Do you watch him very often?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,074 times
Quote:

Glen Beck said "education was bad"?

Old 12-20-2009, 10:26 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would just as soon a blue collar worker who uses his hands at work do it as to have a lawyer do my brain. The lawyer would try to sue me if he slipped and killed me.

Can you point the part of the video where Beck said stupid over educated. It isn't there but kevk convinced you that it was. It is very sad that so few libs will watch Beck but all claim to know so much about him. Do you watch him very often?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Glen Beck said "education was bad"?
Well, looking at the clip....if you didn't notice where he inferred that having a higher education president was not good, then I'm sorry, perhaps you need listening comprehension. I saw it, I think almost everyone who watched the clip noticed it...we're not stupid, we get the inference.

Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 PM

11 posts, read 14,737 times
Beck is a tool, and a dull one at that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies