Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 03:45 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,281,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I did 20 years active duty and suffered through all 8 years of clintonian hell.

And you called yourself a democrat? lolololololol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 03:49 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,406,735 times
when did I ever call myself a democrat?

and of course they all had scripts, but nobody made a big deal about "see, look how much he cares about the troops" and fawning all over him. I know the Bush's and Reagan along with many other previous Presidents genuinely cared, but obama and clinton despise the military.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:14 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,644,584 times
Our spineless leader spent an hour with the troops in HAWAII...! That must have really been a stretch to drive down the road a few blocks. He won't go near the war zone...
He is worthless scum...Three more years and he's outa here, if he doesn't destroy the country first...!!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Our spineless leader spent an hour with the troops in HAWAII...! That must have really been a stretch to drive down the road a few blocks. He won't go near the war zone...
Nothing quite like an uneducated opinion. Obama has been to Iraq and to Afghanistan.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good delusion.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
I know the Bush's and Reagan along with many other previous Presidents genuinely cared, but obama and clinton despise the military.

That of course would explain why both of them support veteran's issues. In fact Obama voted with veterans 80% of the time. McCain just 20%.

Yeah, he could care less.

Turn down the right wing radio,

Old 12-26-2009, 04:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,644,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Nothing quite like an uneducated opinion. Obama has been to Iraq and to Afghanistan.

Talk about one who doesn't bother with facts, you have no clue of which you speak, but then we don't expect more, you're a demo... They aren't know for their smarts...
Take up a new hobby, you suck at this one...!!

Old 12-26-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Talk about one who doesn't bother with facts, you have no clue of which you speak, but then we don't expect more, you're a demo... They aren't know for their smarts...
LOLOL Too funny. You really told me!

You suggested that Obama had not been to the War Zone. That's a bunch of BS

He in fact has.

Quote:
In his first stop on a tour of the Middle East and Europe, presidential candidate Barack Obama arrived in Afghanistan at about 11:45 a.m. on July 19, 2008. He met with U.S. military leaders and troops at both Bagram Air Field and Jalalabad Air Field—the latter of which is just miles from the presumed location of Osama Bin Laden.5
Obama Afghanistan Visit

And Iraq.

President Barack Obama made an unannounced visit to Baghdad today, marking a new chapter in his strategy to wind down the unpopular war in Iraq and shift the United States' military focus to Afghanistan.

Obama makes surprise visit to Iraq - World Politics, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/obama-makes-surprise-visit-to-iraq-1664834.html - broken link)

Like I said, don't let the facts get in the way of your delusion.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post

How many times? Once to both, I believe.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,975,014 times
Quote:
oh he definitely acts a lot. He's acting like she gives a crap about a bunch of lowly military scum in some of those pictures, just like he acts like he cares about the Marine that is forced to salute his sorry butt every time he walks by. The fool is definitely an actor and quite a con artist too. So many here are fooled by him and were probably also shocked to learn the Wizard was actually just a little guy behind a curtain.
Gosh, this is the truth. And the troops inherently know he is not their "friend".

Old 12-26-2009, 04:37 PM

56 posts, read 107,504 times
Quote:
when did I ever call myself a democrat?

and of course they all had scripts, but nobody made a big deal about "see, look how much he cares about the troops" and fawning all over him. I know the Bush's and Reagan along with many other previous Presidents genuinely cared, but obama and clinton despise the military.
You have a skewed perception on what "cares for" means. I was an Intel troop in the Air Force and I feel that an administration that cares for me is one that tries their best to keep me out of harms way. The handshakes and baby kissing really means nothing if that same administration is shipping me off to foreign lands to fight for questionable causes. I'm not going to sit here and try to assume who you feel cared about the troops but many people I have served with felt that the prior administration loved the troops more so than the current. All I have to say to that is look who sent us across the pond for the past 8 years to serve in two questionable wars while not being properly equipped (at times). Many troops are fighting without proper armor on their HMMVs and with training that to many leaves a lot to be desired. To some, care is photo-ops and handshakes...to me it's being called to serve only for the defense of this nation and not to line the pockets of the corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies