Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 08:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times

Advertisements

about his son's "extremist views" months ago.

Isn't that special. Obama has been too obsessed with HC to heed the warnings. How was this man allowed to board a plane headed for the US?

That's what I want to know.

Father of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, Nigerian terror suspect in Flight 253 attack, warned U.S.

Quote:
The terror suspect who tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane is the son of a Nigerian banker who alerted U.S. authorities to his "extreme religious views" months ago, it was reported Saturday.

The father, Alhaji Umaru Mutallab, a former minister and chairman of First Bank in Nigeria, is shocked that his son was even was allowed to fly to the U.S., family members told the Nigerian newspaper This Day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 08:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,801 times
It doesnt surprise me that hussein obama and his thugs in the white house ignored this warning. I believe he would like America's attention on anything else besides what he is really up to.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,203,422 times
This plane landed safely in this incident and they definitely should have taken it as serious as this previous attempt

Quote:
In late July 2001, Afghanistan’s Foreign Minister Wakil Ahmed Muttawakil learned that Osama bin Laden was planning a “huge attack” on targets inside America. The attack was imminent, and would kill thousands, he learned from the leader of the rebel Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, which was closely allied with al-Qaeda at the time. Muttawakil sent an emissary to pass this information on to the US Consul General, and another US official, “possibly from the intelligence services.” Sources confirmed that this message was received, but supposedly not taken very seriously, because of “warning fatigue” arising from too many terror warnings. [Independent, 9/7/02, Reuters, 9/7/02]
That plane didn't land safely but even thought that administration was also warned, we don't really care do we. Unlike some man calling in a warning, we had one from a foreign minister of another nation, but didn't matter.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It doesnt surprise me that hussein obama and his thugs in the white house ignored this warning. I believe he would like America's attention on anything else besides what he is really up to.
I'm sure, being the highly educated and loving, peace-filled Christian that you are, you are aware that the father never notified the White House, right?

I mean, he informed the U.S. Embassy, which has nothing to do with the White House and "his thugs".

Your assertion suggests you believe otherwise, or just reveals a fundamental lack of understanding how government operates or the facts in the case you are judging, so I just want us to be clear that you are absolutely wrong... again.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:05 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
about his son's "extremist views" months ago.

Isn't that special. Obama has been too obsessed with HC to heed the warnings. How was this man allowed to board a plane headed for the US?

That's what I want to know.

Father of Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, Nigerian terror suspect in Flight 253 attack, warned U.S.
He's been on the watch list for two years, why don't you blame Bush?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
This plane landed safely in this incident and they definitely should have taken it as serious as this previous attempt

That plane didn't land safely but even thought that administration was also warned, we don't really care do we. Unlike some man calling in a warning, we had one from a foreign minister of another nation, but didn't matter.
Valid point. When you receive 100 warnings a day vague and not at all specific which ones do you act upon?
The answer is that you use our intel network and hope to get it right.
Keep security tight and hope that it works.
But lets face facts. We can not stop every attempt. As long as our borders are wide open there will be opprotunity.
This isn't Obama's fault. This is all of our fault. We complain about increased airport security and then complain when it is relaxed and something happens.
Can't have it both ways.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm sure, being the highly educated and loving, peace-filled Christian that you are, you are aware that the father never notified the White House, right?

I mean, he informed the U.S. Embassy, which has nothing to do with the White House and "his thugs".

Your assertion suggests you believe otherwise, or just reveals a fundamental lack of understanding how government operates or the facts in the case you are judging, so I just want us to be clear that you are absolutely wrong... again.
EXCELLENT Rebuttal.

It is amazing how some people on the right can think.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
He's been on the watch list for two years, why don't you blame Bush?
So does Clinton get the credit for 911? Those bad guys came here under his watch. A lot of things happened under his watch that led up to 911.
No it happened under Bush and as a result he owns it.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:16 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,205,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So does Clinton get the credit for 911? Those bad guys came here under his watch. A lot of things happened under his watch that led up to 911.
No it happened under Bush and as a result he owns it.
Were those bad boys on a terrorist watch list?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:19 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,282,571 times
You gotta love the right wing desperation. You quote an article that says

Quote:
"The terror suspect who tried to blow up a Detroit-bound plane is the son of a Nigerian banker who alerted U.S. authorities to his "extreme religious views" months ago, it was reported Saturday.

And from that you indict the "Obama" Administration. Unreal. The smell of RW desperation is about us all.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies