Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it treasonous to recruit, condone or advocate an "armed revolution" of America?
Yes it is, without a doubt 55 63.22%
No we should take our country back from "tyranny" 32 36.78%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 10:53 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Everything that anyone says on this, or any other board is turned over to the NSA. That is how the system works, it is all collected, sorting it out is the problem
I'm well aware of the process as I'm involved in it myself. I'm a pattern recognition nerd. It's computationally intractable to analyze the amount of data flowing around the internet, so the NSA relies on you lackees to spread fear they have it under control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,129 posts, read 31,257,288 times
Show me anyone in the last 40 years who was prosecuted for something they said.

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What? duh! You are treading on thin ice if you think you can threaten the United States. I will be entering the armed forces when I graduate [and if my mom lets me ] and hope to serve in combat some day. And not because it just sounds cool to fight. I think you hate too much.

If your Mom lets you?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:54 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You lose that right when you preach the overthrow of the government, might want to check the laws before posting anything that could get a vist from men in black.
Casper
Tinfoil hat nonsense.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:55 AM

1,179 posts, read 975,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Show me anyone in the last 40 years who was prosecuted for something they said.
Are you kidding? If the FBI listens to a phone call of two domestic terrorists who want to plant a bomb in an office building, do you think they are just going to ignore it? Do you think that somebody who is plotting treason against this country will get off the hook just because they have "The right to say it?"

Old 01-05-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Are you kidding? If the FBI listens to a phone call of two domestic terrorists who want to plant a bomb in an office building, do you think they are just going to ignore it? Do you think that somebody who is plotting treason against this country will get off the hook just because they have "The right to say it?"
Show me the cases where that's occurred. I'll amend my statement to "advocated" rather than "said" because Scooter Libby and Martha Stewart did go to the clink for lying to the government, one thing you can say that will get you in trouble.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
It would be a real shame if Americans have to go into a gun fight against the traitors but we will if necessary. Like in Las Vegas yesterday, the terrorist killed a few lawmen but was also killed.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Show me the cases where that's occurred..
People get arrested and sentenced for conspiring to murder all the time. They don't stand up in court and claim they are protected under "Free Speech."

Old 01-05-2010, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
The government wouldn't charge them with treason. Conspiracy maybe, and only if they did something to further it beyond talking about it.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Tell ya what, you go and call the Secret Service and tell them you are planning an "Armed revolution" of the government, then tell them you are protected under Free Speech when they come to pick you up. Go ahead, I'll wait here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies