Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:35 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Of course you are talking about that, because it's not the point.
Did you even read what I responded to?

Quote:
I use "teabaggers" because I refuse to insult our founding fathers by associating them with this group of tax protesters and racists. If you have a better name for them, I'm all ears.
You effectively said that you refuse to associate tax protesters and racists(tea-partiers) with tax protesters and racists(our founding fathers). Does it not sound silly to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:38 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,077 times
Feel the love, you are the smartest person I have ever ecountered,,, so tell us why you believe Bo is so bad for the country...? Why do you hate him, just because he is a loser and a traitor???? we love to hear love talk... go for it, its you turn to tell us how bad obamba is...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:38 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Better watch that "we", kemosabe. A lot of your fellow travelers have been photographed carrying the most ugly of racist signs, and they have their kids carry them, too.
those are the fringe loonies and they are embarassing.cant keep them out i am ashamed they try to represent the real movement. so sad for them and us. hope everyone can understand and not condem the good people. thanx

Old 01-06-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Of course you are talking about that, because it's not the point.
lovie, be my man,,, talk to us, tell us about your leader...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Hate to break it to you, but I'd be willing to say the Teabaggers and their ideology probably accounts for less than 20% of the nation.
twisty, 20% is an amazing % of people...! Wake up, we understand your problem, but we will try to help.. We understand the uninformed, we feel for them

Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
So the only difference between modern tea-partiers and our founding fathers is, the founding fathers owned slaves. What is your complaint?
The only difference? The founding fathers were courageous and intelligent. They weren't greedy. They fought a well-armed and dominant military force to gain their freedom. They weren't terrified by shoe-bombers (or the equivalent). They didn't lie about birth certificates. They would have been embarrassed by a dolt like Sarah Palin.

It goes on and on.

The teabaggers are hilarious when they aren't disgusting.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Nobody listens to the tea baggers because they are an ignorant group made up of the lunatic fringe with a very clear agenda.

Crying about taxes when Obama just signed the biggest tax cut in history shows how dumb these people are.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
twisty, 20% is an amazing % of people...! Wake up, we understand your problem, but we will try to help.. We understand the uninformed, we feel for them
Well, 80% who do not support the Tea Party movement is an even more amazing number. Guess what? They vote too.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:58 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,494,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
those are the fringe loonies and they are embarassing.cant keep them out i am ashamed they try to represent the real movement. so sad for them and us. hope everyone can understand and not condem the good people. thanx
Parfleche, that was part of my point in this thread, about being loud. The looney tunes tend to be the loudest, and frankly they are about the last people the Tea Party movement should want to be publicly representing them.

Also, it would appear to me that the Tea Party movement being hijacked by the Republican Party. This is not a positive for the movement as a whole as it then loses its "independent" identity as absolutely nothing will change in DC. Politics as usual, and to be honest both parties are filled with nothing but scoundrels whose only objective is reelection.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
thats the way it works in a temporarily free country. go make a living somewhere else if it dont work out for you. i have.and calling us teabaggers does not help you or your co one bit
I should go somewhere else? You are the one who is not happy with the results of democracy. You don't like it, so now you want to go and threaten those who had nothing to do with your problems. Go scream on the streets, but leave those of us alone who had nothing to do with it. Leave private companies and private citizens alone. We have the right go to work and to earn a living without being harassed by a bunch of hypocritical losers.

Have you ever heard these words before:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"

Yes, I go to work in order to provide for my family and earn a little extra. It is my way to pursue happiness. That is my right, and I don't care about your political preference. You can't threaten me into voting for your candidates. Like I said, you have adopted and embraced the tactics of radical communists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies