Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be legal for prisoners to be raped by other inmates?
Yes, it should be legal 5 6.85%
Yes, but only in some cases 4 5.48%
Not sure / maybe 0 0%
No 64 87.67%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,553,113 times

Advertisements

No way! You'd be amazed how easy it is to go to prison these days and how aggressive the justice system is about creating new prisoners via sting operations. Now that it will be a crime not to own health insurance, our prisons will swell beyond belief (good news for the for-profit factories inside the prisons that manufacture everything from office furniture to bullet proof jackets for 25 cents an hour). You could be next. Don't wish this upon anyone.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:34 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,178 times
Non-violent criminals don't deserve it (although Bernie Madoff and those that stole millions of dollars from people thus affecting their lives may indeed deserver it).

Violent criminals do. I don't wish and hope they get raped, I actually wish they were killed. However, if I found out that a murderer, rapist, child abuser, etc. was raped in prison, I certainly won't feel bad about it.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:22 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post

Violent criminals do. I don't wish and hope they get raped, I actually wish they were killed. However, if I found out that a murderer, rapist, child abuser, etc. was raped in prison, I certainly won't feel bad about it.
Where does the cycle end? One person in prison rapes another and then that person gets out someday and takes his anger out on some innocent person in the streets. Children who are abused often abuse younger children or grow up to have other emotional problems. Condoning rape in prison adds to the societal ills that we all have to live with.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:20 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Does anybody have the statistics regarding those who are child molesters and rapists actually being victims at some point themselves?

Seems to me that a good proportion of these perpetrators were actually victims at some point AND those of you advocating rape in prison for rapists I assume you're including the 15 year old kids who are arrested, charged and tried for playing with Daddy's little girl?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies