Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate President Obama's first year in office?
Success 40 31.50%
Failure 77 60.63%
Don't know 10 7.87%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
a complete disaster and complete loser!! I think so far he is on the list of the worst.
Is Dubya on that list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 01:27 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hmmm... tough one... I do think he's succeeding at showing just how corrupt our federal government is.
Also, how corrupt our federal government was before he entered office, which played a huge role in leading us to a recession.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:33 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
So for I think Obama doing a great job.

Most people don't notice this because they are still adjusting to the US Economic wake-up call, which occured right before Obama entered office.

Due to this situation, majority of the population are no longer able to live in a material excess status, so this is taking its toll on the thoughts of them & is still hard for most folks to adjust to.
yes food and shelter and a job real material items here!!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:34 PM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Is Dubya on that list?
You know, they'd both be on mine. Things were pretty bad from LBJ through Carter, with Ford being a breath of fresh air, albeit unappreciated at the time. Then we had, more or less pretty good leadership on a whole from Reagan through Clinton.

But Bush II and Obama? You can have them.

And yes, I am a disgruntled, registered Independant.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:35 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
wake up people, this guy is a disgrace. Lets just give all the terrorists nice fair trials with good lawyers, lets just give healthcare to people who dont work or ever want to work. Lets just hand out OBAMA bucks while you slobs go to work and get less each paycheck. Lets just tax your employer for your health care so you can bascially have none at your job and pay more for it on his great new plan, while you shove your butt off to work. Hes great!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:46 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
This thread (and some of the responses) are exactly the problem we have with politics.

This two-option poll is quite anologous to the two-party system we should loathe so greatly in our own politics.

Really? Is Republican and Democrat my only two options? Is success/failure my only two options? Wait, there's a 3rd option, and I'd have to put "I don't know" like I am in kindergarten. Brilliant.

It's a sliding gray scale, people. OP would have been best served doing A+, A, A-, etc, etc. In which case, I'd give him a C/C- based on the principles that for the most part through just one year, we have VERY LITTLE IDEA the conclusion of each and every one of his decisions. What we view now as ill-conceived, we could view later as oddly genious. He and his administration isn't much different from what we've seen in other administrations throughout our history.

Let's all take off our rose-shaded glasses, keep a keen eye on our government, but also give it time - success or failure can't be dictated simply by a hand full of policies and one years time.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:52 PM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert
So for I think Obama doing a great job.

Most people don't notice this because they are still adjusting to the US Economic wake-up call, which occured right before Obama entered office.

Due to this situation, majority of the population are no longer able to live in a material excess status, so this is taking its toll on the thoughts of them & is still hard for most folks to adjust to.
Quote:
yes food and shelter and a job real material items here!!
When I mentioned material excess, this means people living well beyond what they can afford far as homes with too big of a mortgage, multiple vehicles, & credit card debt over their heads.

Pay attention to what I wrote in referrence to excess & you'll see that I was referring to going over with wants (certain material things), not what they need (food, shelter, etc.).
Living in an age of excess | USA Today (Society for the Advancement of Education) | Find Articles at BNET

Old 01-12-2010, 02:15 PM

631 posts, read 720,061 times
Quote:
wake up people, this guy is a disgrace. Lets just give all the terrorists nice fair trials with good lawyers, lets just give healthcare to people who dont work or ever want to work. Lets just hand out OBAMA bucks while you slobs go to work and get less each paycheck. Lets just tax your employer for your health care so you can bascially have none at your job and pay more for it on his great new plan, while you shove your butt off to work. Hes great!!!

Not too call you out and I apologize if im wrong but but didn't I read about you in the NJ forums getting most of your wealth from a family member handout? It seems like you have a problem with people getting them so I'm just asking. Again I apologize if I'm wrong.

Also what are OBAMA bucks? And who is the slobs going to work?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:23 PM

77 posts, read 183,914 times
We need a President who will stand up to the FED not empower it. Obama calls for more FED power. What a joke! He wants to raise capital gains taxes, death taxes, plus he wanted that cap and trade which would have killed the industry we still have. Overall I would say lousy. Bush sucked too that's the problem.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am middle-class and overworked and overtaxed. My college age son does not qualify for any aid because my husband and I both work, but we have friends whose kids are getting a free ride because their parents don't work. How fair is that? Also, I didn't get a huge tax break when I bought my house? Did you? We paid it off with no help. Yes, I am one of the middle class that feels over burdened. I don't think it is necessarily Obama'a fault, but I thought he promised to help the middle class, and I haven't seen any help yet. Have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies