Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you rate President Obama's first year in office?
Success 40 31.50%
Failure 77 60.63%
Don't know 10 7.87%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:28 AM

757 posts, read 803,070 times

Advertisements

Well since we both agree that Gallup is a credible polling source I guess it's also worth pointing out that Obama has a 50% job approval on Gallup with 42% disapproving. Maybe if and when Obama's job approval tanks to 32% like George W Bush I might say Gallup is not credible. LOL
http://www.gallup.com/Home.aspx

quote=Jadex;12424306]Sorry you have that backwards

Remember how often you heard democrats quoting Bushs approval rating and then even Obamas when he won then once it started dropping like a rock you dont hear them talking about unpopular presidents anymore. You dont see them quoting how popular Obama is anymore. That use to be all you heard was how popular Obama was.

Wonder why I havent heard that in mths. Oh because he isnt so now democrats dont wanna look at the polls easier to keep their head in the sand[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:35 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Well since we both agree that Gallup is a credible polling source I guess it's also worth pointing out that Obama has a 50% job approval on Gallup with 42% disapproving. Maybe if and when Obama's job approval tanks to 32% like George W Bush I might say Gallup is not credible. LOL
Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management

quote=Jadex;12424306]Sorry you have that backwards

Remember how often you heard democrats quoting Bushs approval rating and then even Obamas when he won then once it started dropping like a rock you dont hear them talking about unpopular presidents anymore. You dont see them quoting how popular Obama is anymore. That use to be all you heard was how popular Obama was.

Wonder why I havent heard that in mths. Oh because he isnt so now democrats dont wanna look at the polls easier to keep their head in the sand
[/quote]
Ramussen is creditable also you need to check how accurate they are.

Ok lets make this simply

Did democrats not use to go around telling us all about how popular Obama was? Yes or no

Did democrats not go around pointing out Bushs approval rating? Yes or No ( now notice you did it in your own post so dont lie

Did Democrats not use to tell everyone Obamas approval rating was so high? Yes or No

lol Notice how you pointed out Obamas approval rating yourself which proves what I said correct.
Guess I wasnt so backwards =) thanks for proving me right

Now check out that link and see how people agree with his handling of the economy and healthcare?

Look and see where independents are in support of Obama on issues.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM

757 posts, read 803,070 times
Rasmussen is clearly biased to the right. Simply looking at the date proves that. When you look at the spread between the polls meaning the high and the low in the group being polled, all the other polls have a positive spread of between +3 and +7 with an average being +1.8. Rasmussen's spread is a -(neg)7 RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

The data does not lie. So either you're saying all the other polls are wrong or Rasmussen is wrong. Which is it?
Obama remains popular even if some people do not agree with his policies. Americans like the man. http://pollingreport.com/obama_fav.htm That is one BIG difference between Obama's popularity and Bush's failed popularity. The point which seems to be evading you is that I have always said polling is a science and a credible source for public opinion. It is the Republicans and Bush apologists who constantly denounced polling in defense of George W Bush. Now when the shoe is on the other foot they LOVE the polls! LOL pullleeeze

Ramussen is creditable also you need to check how accurate they are.

Ok lets make this simply

Did democrats not use to go around telling us all about how popular Obama was? Yes or no

Did democrats not go around pointing out Bushs approval rating? Yes or No ( now notice you did it in your own post so dont lie

Did Democrats not use to tell everyone Obamas approval rating was so high? Yes or No

lol Notice how you pointed out Obamas approval rating yourself which proves what I said correct.
Guess I wasnt so backwards =) thanks for proving me right

Now check out that link and see how people agree with his handling of the economy and healthcare?

Look and see where independents are in support of Obama on issues.[/quote]

Last edited by okccowboy; 01-13-2010 at 07:59 AM..

Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
There is no middle of the road selection so I did choose failure because it is certainly not a success. He is not focused on what is important. Health-care right now is NOT the top issue or should not be. Get people back to work and they will HAVE insurance. I don't think he is a stupid man but not focused at all. He is all over the map.
Health care is an important issue.

You know, people must also be healthy enough to work.
Think.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post

Think.

And they must be working to afford health care. You think.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:28 AM

Personally, the major problem that I have with Obama is that he seems to be concentrating to much on the past, playing the blame game. If he concentrated on the now and future, came up with a bipartsian plan that stood a chance of working, checked his ego at the door and actually worked for the good of the entire nation he would be more successful. As it is, I do not feel him to be a success, or have much of a chance of becoming one.

Just my opinion.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert

Think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
And they must be working to afford health care. You think.
That's why the health care reform will also benefit medicare.
Let's try not to go in circles please.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imalert View Post
That's why the health care reform will also benefit medicare.
Let's try not to go in circles please.
The circle would appear to be a requirement to purchase health care, regardless of ability to pay for it. Not working/no income? Can't afford it. Medicare? Cuts to the program to the extent that it does not cover what it does now and has to be supplemented? All you retirees go back to work to pay for what this administration is trying to sell.

Next, this president will put forth a final solution to those who are sick and cannot afford health care. Kind of like the Eskimos used to do to their elderly.

Time to think and not blindly follow.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:39 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Biased opinions don't count.

All opinions are biased.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
The circle would appear to be a requirement to purchase health care, regardless of ability to pay for it. Not working/no income? Can't afford it. Medicare? Cuts to the program to the extent that it does not cover what it does now and has to be supplemented? All you retirees go back to work to pay for what this administration is trying to sell.

Next, this president will put forth a final solution to those who are sick and cannot afford health care. Kind of like the Eskimos used to do to their elderly.

Time to think and not blindly follow.
No one's blindly following anyone / anything.

It's been fun going back & forth but apparently, you're not getting the point so time to quit.

Best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies