Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 11:10 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,738 times

Advertisements

FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - White House nightmare persists

Quote:
“It now looks extremely difficult, if not impossible, to get anything resembling a broad healthcare bill out of Congress,” said Scott Lilley, a senior fellow at the liberal Centre for American Progress, the think-tank that is closest to the White House. “In his State of the Union, Obama has to slim down his ambitions. It should be short and simple and focus on jobs.”
Yes, JOBS Mr. President. And I wish you success in creating these jobs. I will applaud you if you would simply focus on the things that the majority of Americans want and need instead of passing some kind of agenda from people that you surround yourself with. Most people still like you personally, but your policies are not so popular.

Quote:
Worse, most people do not think Mr Obama can even command unity within his own administration on the Wall Street proposals amid growing speculation about whether Tim Geithner, the Treasury secretary, can survive in his job.
Geithner needs to GO, and go NOW!

Quote:
In fact, exit polls from Mr Obama’s election showed that almost two-thirds of the voters cited the economy as their chief concern, with fewer than one in 10 mentioning healthcare. Mr Emanuel is also perceived to have mishandled the day-to-day logistics of getting healthcare through Congress.
BTW, why did he ignore this? It's my opinion that he surrounded himself with self-serving idealists that didn't really care about the President, but merely getting their agendas passed. In short, he was stabbed in the back (not that I believe he wasn't for these agendas to begin with, but at the risk of his political capital, no).

Quote:
In short, Mr Obama’s nightmare January could easily slip into a nightmare February. “Unless and until the president changes the way his White House, works, things are going to continue to go badly for him,” says the head of a Democratic think-tank. “Heads still have to roll.”
And ROLL they will, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 12:12 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,774,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - White House nightmare persists

Yes, JOBS Mr. President. And I wish you success in creating these jobs. I will applaud you if you would simply focus on the things that the majority of Americans want and need instead of passing some kind of agenda from people that you surround yourself with. Most people still like you personally, but your policies are not so popular.

Geithner needs to GO, and go NOW!

BTW, why did he ignore this? It's my opinion that he surrounded himself with self-serving idealists that didn't really care about the President, but merely getting their agendas passed. In short, he was stabbed in the back (not that I believe he wasn't for these agendas to begin with, but at the risk of his political capital, no).

And ROLL they will, IMO.
This argument about the economy vs health care is phony. Do people really think that we cannot do more than one thing at a time? The economy is recovering by every measure and jobs- which are a lagging indicator- will soon recover as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies