Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,732,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The part that you despise: The founding of Planned Parenthood.
Your first response suggested that Sanger had moderated her views later in life regarding eugenics. Well, yes. After the whole program of eugenics was discredited by the Nazi atrocities she, and others like her, had no recourse but to travel incognito, as it were. "Planned Parenthood" sounds so much more enlightened than getting rid of the human trash, doesn't it? The Left majors in euphemisms, as in the book "1984." But the end result is the same: millions upon millions of babies barbarously murdered. Yes, that's quite an admirable legacy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 05:27 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Sanger wanted to keep the black population down, hense abortion under the guise of "helping" the blacks. She was a full on racist and another favorite racist of the liberal Democrats.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:38 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Your first response suggested that Sanger had moderated her views later in life regarding eugenics. Well, yes. After the whole program of eugenics was discredited by the Nazi atrocities she, and others like her, had no recourse but to travel incognito, as it were. "Planned Parenthood" sounds so much more enlightened than getting rid of the human trash, doesn't it? The Left majors in euphemisms, as in the book "1984." But the end result is the same: millions upon millions of babies barbarously murdered. Yes, that's quite an admirable legacy.
"Travel incognito"? Who's the one using euphemisms here? "Barbarously murdered? How about calling abortion what it is: a legal medical procedure? You are a ferocious pro-lifers who sees the abortion issue in black and white terms. I, on the other hand, see Planned Parenthood as doing admirable work which includes a wide range of services for women and families. We can both talk until we're blue in the face and we're not going to change each others minds. But for the record not all religions or all denominations within the Christianity agree on when life begins therefore what is 'murder' to you is not necessarily murder to everyone. For that reason you'll never see Roe vs. Wade overturned.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:56 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,158 times
You people buying into Beck's new definition of progressives and his revised history are moronic sheep. It really disturbs me there are people this simple living in this country. It's actually quite dangerous.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:58 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Sanger wanted to keep the black population down, hense abortion under the guise of "helping" the blacks. She was a full on racist and another favorite racist of the liberal Democrats.
Pot, kettle. Kettle, pot.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:13 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
So what you're saying is that Beck should have shown the good parts of Stalin's bloody reign in the Soviet Union. Please tell us about the good parts, won't you?
No, what I'm saying that it is disingenuous for someone to proclaim they are doing a documentary on the progressive movement and then cover Stalin, Hitler, Mao and Che and not cover Robert La Follette. I would argue that none of the people Beck chose to focus on would even be defined as progressive in the American sense of the word.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:20 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,843,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
There are plenty on the left that admire Mao and other mass murdering dictators like him, including hussein obama.

Che Guevara is a little darling of the left wing liberal progressives and their progressive academia . hussein obama's campaign offices had Che posters adorning the walls. The left wears his image on clothing and other fond memorabilia YET he dream was to be a killing machine. Lovely huh?

The leftists keep trying to say all the racist are on the right yet they seem to have the serious racist among them. Blacks mostly support the Democrats but let's see what Che had to say about blacks and mexicans:

#Ernesto "Che" Guevara

"We're going to do for blacks exactly what blacks did for the revolution. By which I mean: nothing." -Che Guevera

"The Negro is indolent and lazy, and spends his money on frivolities, whereas the European is forward-looking, organized and intelligent."- Che Guevara

"Mexicans are a band of illiterate Indians." - Che Guevara

"Given the prevailing lack of discipline, it would have been impossible to use Congolese machine-gunners to defend the base from air attack: they did not know how to handle their weapons and did not want to learn," - Che Guevara

The Democrats are also the party that has elected a bonified Klan member again and again, Robert Byrd. Oh let's not forget how Barabara Boxer talked to Black Chamber of Commerce, President and CEO Harry Alford. What a racist! He should be so proud that a black man like hm could be in his position

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FoekBjhtWE

Time and time again the racism slips out of the mouths of the left so you have to wonder just why do blacks gravitate to the Democrats. Can't they see the Democrats just USE them to further their agenda?
What does any of that have to do with your post that I responded to. I guess your moving on because you know that your original post was crap. Look as far as I know Ron Bloom is a Maoist. All I'm pointing out is quoting Mao, particularly the way Bloom did it, doesn't prove that someone is a Maoist. When I quote Ronald Reagan it doesn't make me a believer in what Reagan stood for.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
He didn't praise Mao. He agreed with a statement. In context it is a statement about Union negotiation, which he is asserting is better done from a position of power.

For those who hate these little clips as much as I do, here is a link to the whole speech.

Ron Bloom's keynote address at Institutional Investor Conference
Did Bloom say that power comes from the barrel of a gun? How do you say that his words are taken out of context when he did agree with Mao. He even indicated that Mao said that.

Surely there is someone who isn't the hugest murderer in history has said something like that. Well, maybe not in the world of progressive thinking, but somebody.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:42 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Listen, I agree with Obama. We aren't anymore of a Christian nation that we are a Buddhist nation or a Muslim or Hindu nation
I would agree with your sense that we are evolving not to be a christian nation. We nonetheless at this time are a majority and are in fact not only founded on Christian ideals but we remain a Christian nation. It is at this point that I have to ask you why you seem offended by that notion? Is it more a rejection of your "parents" and a rebellious sentiment and less of n endeavor to explore the teachings of Jesus Christ as a possibility. Even if you study it and reject it, like myself looking into Marx, it is a very worthwile philosophy if it for whatever reason has captured the imagination of billions for over two thousand years. Surely, that makes it a viable read and at least in contentioin for your attention with such junk science as global warming, the seemed contemporary god of the secular humanists.
If Obama believes," we are no longer a Christian Nation" June 2009, what is in his interest or in our interest to state to the Egyptian forum, "You might say that America is a Muslim Nation". If Obama believes we are just as well a Muslim Nation then why not a Jewish Nation, a Chinese Nation?

What would a Muslim nation look like with Sharia Law over this nation?
First, sorry for truncating your very long post, but this is the portion I wish to address.

Just because a majority of it's citizenry may be Christian, that does NOT make this a "Christian nation". As with ethnicity, this nation is a mixture of many things. We have Jews and Hindus and Muslims and every other religious belief there is represented in our citizenry, as well as those with no beliefs. And if you actually believe this nation was "founded on Christian ideals", then I'm afraid you understand neither Christian ideals nor the ideals under which we really were founded. We are a secular nation that allows it's citizens to worship not only in the way each citizen sees fit, but whatever God, god or goddess that citizen believes in or not worship at all.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:45 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Interesting point of view. Why would liberals want to call themselves progressives when neo-cons are working so hard to degrade and demonize the word? I don't know a single liberal who doesn't want to call themselves a liberal.
Maybe you could look at the words of the used to be number one candidate of the Democrats, Hillary Clinton. She said that she didn't want to be seen just as a progressive but as an early day progressive like those of the early 20th century. Yep, she does see herself as a progressive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies