Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Only people who are medicated or mentally deranged think this speech is boring or uninspiring. This speech is in the BACKGROUND for me & I STILL get snippets that I like & obviously others like because guess what....you're talking about it here on CD. Boring....too funny.
Let me know when it's over so I can turn on the TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,915 posts, read 3,490,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
Despite the anger in his own party he still is trying to reach out to conservatives.
Guys got 2 ton balls.
He's a salesman. Nothing else.

5,094 posts, read 5,446,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I agree we should let them (banks) fail.
At the same time, many banks have been infused with taxpayer money so it's in our best interest to regulate them so we can stop losing money.
I'm all for letting them fail once they repay taxpayer money.
I personally would have liked to nationalize the banks instead of bailing them out and them handing out HUGE bonuses with taxpayer money.

I personally have a problem with banks making risky investments with depositors money. They need to decide if they want to be an investment bank or a commercial bank that loans money to consumers, businesses, etc. You shouldn't be able to do both.

Republicans and Dems have to work together. I agree Dems haven't been perfect but you can't blame it all on them.

(Wow, it's so sad to see the sad looks on the military leaders faces. Honestly, what is so horrible about gays serving in the military? Get over yourselves already!)

I will say this I am probably the most impressed and have a slight tingle running up my leg listening to him tonight.

In all seriousness 99% of what he has said tonight I was very impressed with and I pray he follows through on and I also pray that if he does open the door to Republicans that they don't act like asses and turn away.

2,229 posts, read 1,689,732 times
"Right wing failed us for 8 years

Right wing is blocking legistlation and providing no answers

Right wing is responsible for the recession

Right wing is playing politics

Right wing screwed up laws over federal lobbyists

Right wing is not looking out for the people

Right wing made us broke

Now... we need to stop being partisan. Lets work together to fix all the above. Please oh please republicans, don't vote against our policies."

The State of the Union Address has been brought to you by "no tears" baby shampoo. Thanks for watching.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,584,628 times
Quote:
LOL, ok, he said change. Drink up Johnny!

15,446 posts, read 21,387,364 times
Quote:
Only people who are medicated or mentally deranged think this speech is boring or uninspiring. This speech is in the BACKGROUND for me & I STILL get snippets that I like & obviously others like because guess what....you're talking about it here on CD. Boring....too funny.
Do you get "tingles" up your leg? Some of us have not, did not and will not. Sorry.

4,027 posts, read 7,298,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Lets face it, the stimulus FAILED and we lost 8.5 million jobs under Obama.
The stimulus was NOT a job creator or it would have worked. Remember it was oBama who said if we pass this stimulus that unemployment would never hit 8.0%. Well, its now over 10 and the real number is 17.3%.

The stimulus has not created a single job and that is the truth.

I am concerned what he is doing and have a right to voice my opinion. If you do not like it you can use the ignore button.

I watched liberals in this country demean our President Bush for 8 years, post daily hate numbers of deaths of our heros and wish the economy do go down so they could blame Bush. I watched the liberal hate machine for the last 8 years and you have the nerve to tell me I post hate.

It is not hate. It is fact, Obama has failed us. Sorry you cannot see what his failures has done to this country.

I know, anyone who post anything about Obama is a racist or hateful.

As usual this is wrong and just a way to make yourself feel better.

EVEN HARRY REID IS YAWNING AND GOING TO SLEEP.

This speech is the most boring I can ever remember from anyone.

Poor Harry is about to go to sleep.
I'm sorry you think that trolling, writing only hateful things and lying are the "truth."

You are clearly struggling to make a point because you are resorting to capital letters, bold, making things up and trolling.

2,404 posts, read 3,952,696 times
"A New Year Has Come, I Don't Quit, We Don't Quit"

A new year, yes, election year; and Democrats will be voted out.

53 Standing Ovations - sitcom style.

1,773 posts, read 1,268,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I don't have any drinks on me, so I'll have to mooch (er, I mean get a subsidy) from someone else.
Well I'm always open to paying for or giving some of my drink...I've got some drink so...drink up!

Old 01-27-2010, 08:24 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh no, I see you both have drinks and I have none. That means you must surrender 1/4 of each of your drinks into my empty glass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies