Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:52 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
There's a reason for that though ... that you are ignoring and it isn't just laziness, yet, you are trying to make it seem that way.
What...pay? I think farm laborer is a hell of a deal if you really need to work. Housing, utilities, transportation and food provided and you get some money as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 07:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
What...pay? I think farm laborer is a hell of a deal if you really need to work. Housing, utilities, transportation and food provided and you get some money as well.
What are you talking about? I don't even know what your point is anymore. You seem mad about something and I don't think you really understand what is going on with unemployment to really try to judge people. Your first post says that. Thread should have been closed after the first post ... I'm just saying. You wrote this thread as if jobs are just out there for the taken for everyone. LOL Then you started going on about Mexicans in the fields.

You are living in a fantasy world ... tell me where all that is provided for working a farm and I damn sure will go and work that farm. If I could work a farm and I had a house, transportation, food and utilities paid, I'd be picking corn or whatever five days a week and drink a glass of lemonade and sweet tea once I'm finished. I don't think people are lazy because they aren't working these jobs, we just aren't accustomed to that anymore ... we think something better is out there and even a fast food gig is probably more desired.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I don't even know what your point is anymore. You seem mad about something and I don't think you really understand what is going on with unemployment to really try to judge people. Your first post says that. Thread should have been closed after the first post ... I'm just saying. You wrote this thread as if jobs are just out there for the taken for everyone. LOL Then you started going on about Mexicans in the fields.
Then stop posting on it.

You could pick up trash for min wage. Clean bed pans at a nursing home. Etc.

I really think some would rather live in their car than do a job they think is beneath them.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM

TEMPORARY: # of openings: 6 Tobacco, Hay/Straw, Row Crops & General Agricultural Workers NeededEmployer: Normand Feezor- Graves County, KY Dates: 03/17/2010-12/31/2010Wages: $7.25 8.00/hour. 3/4 of hours listed on job order guaranteed. Work tools will be provided at no cost. Free housing provided to those who cannot reasonably return to their permanent residence each working day. Transportation & subsistence paid when 50% of contract is met. Physically able to meet & perform all job specifications.May be required to take random drug and/or alcohol tests. May be required to submit to a criminal background check. Apply for this job at the nearest KY Office of Employment & Training Division of Workforce & Employment Services Office using job order number KY0393799.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM

354 posts, read 1,281,882 times
Default Not too proud

Quote:
Sure, it may not be as much money as you made before, but wouldn't you have some pride in yourself in knowing that you are doing ALL you can for your family.
I agree that no job would be beneath me if I could sustain my family on it until an opportunity to transition to something better materialized.

The problem is you may be doing honest labor but it will not pay your bills and you are going to lose your home and will be seeking protection from your creditors.

Whereas a limited time while on unemployment you can use your time to more aggressively to find a decent job and/or get some training to qualify for one. I believe that is the purpose of it in the first place.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 PM

TEMPORARY: # of openings: 18 Tobacco, Hay/Straw, Row Crops, Greenhouse & General Agricultural Workers NeededEmployer: Rod Murphy Farms & Bobby G. Birdsong- Lyon County, KY Dates: 03/15/2010-01/15/2011Wages: $7.25 8.00/hour. 3/4 of hours listed on job order guaranteed. Work tools will be provided at no cost. Free housing provided to those who cannot reasonably return to their permanent residence each working day. Transportation & subsistence paid when 50% of contract is met. Physically able to meet & perform all job specifications.May be required to take random drug and/or alcohol tests. May be required to submit to a criminal background check. Apply for this job at the nearest KY Office of Employment & Training Division of Workforce & Employment Services Office using job order number KY0393838.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Then stop posting on it.

You could pick up trash for min wage. Clean bed pans at a nursing home. Etc.

I really think some would rather live in their car than do a job they think is beneath them.
It's hard to stop when you are typing that stuff like you really don't know about unemployment. Also, yea, some would rather live in their car than work. Why is that any of your concern though in regards to your original post? First, you were talking about unemployment insurance benefits and now you are speaking as if you are upset that a person would rather sleep in their car than work. Is it laziness that bothers you? Fine, talk about laziness, but why talk about unemployment in such an untrue way and associate laziness with it as the only reason for unemployment?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
It's hard to stop when you are typing that stuff like you really don't know about unemployment. Also, yea, some would rather live in their car than work. Why is that any of your concern though in regards to your original post? First, you were talking about unemployment insurance benefits and now you are speaking as if you are upset that a person would rather sleep in their car than work. Is it laziness that bothers you? Fine, talk about laziness, but why talk about unemployment in such an untrue way and associate laziness with it as the only reason for unemployment?
Are you still going to call me a liar about farm labor? I posted two job openings.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
TEMPORARY: # of openings: 18 Tobacco, Hay/Straw, Row Crops, Greenhouse & General Agricultural Workers NeededEmployer: Rod Murphy Farms & Bobby G. Birdsong- Lyon County, KY Dates: 03/15/2010-01/15/2011Wages: $7.25 8.00/hour. 3/4 of hours listed on job order guaranteed. Work tools will be provided at no cost. Free housing provided to those who cannot reasonably return to their permanent residence each working day. Transportation & subsistence paid when 50% of contract is met. Physically able to meet & perform all job specifications.May be required to take random drug and/or alcohol tests. May be required to submit to a criminal background check. Apply for this job at the nearest KY Office of Employment & Training Division of Workforce & Employment Services Office using job order number KY0393838.
What does any of that have to do with anything? Come on, you're really ranting.

1) TEMPORARY
2) $7.25 @ 8 hours and ONLY 3/4 of those hours are guaranteed
3) What kind of housing? Is it safe? Is it clean? Is this job paying enough to abandon a safe home that you have at the moment to move into this home? Also, that says it is ONLY for those who don't have a home. So someone who works there is only getting paid that much and you think they can stay in their home off of that?
4) Are there other jobs posted that a person would be more qualified for and that is better for them (pay, location, duration)?

You posted that back-to-back, what is the deal? It had no point and it is not that deep in regards to what you are trying to get across.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Are you still going to call me a liar about farm labor? I posted two job openings.
I called you a liar? You need a chill pill ... bad. Don't be one of those over-sensitive, emotional internet posters. Please dont, it's not that deep. Basically, you shouldn't because you aren't even making a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies