Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:41 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,291,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
He did?..Oh wait,when he 1st got in office he said every American was going to get an extra $12 or 13 dollars a pay check extra?.LOL thats right....boy I sure hope I dont spend it all in 1 place.............

So he spending trillions but hes not going to raise my taxes?...Right!

Like I said....lala land.
Hey, what's that thing in that place across the ocean, with guns and those other people? Doesn't that thing cost money? I guess not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Obama PWND the republicans in their own house .. it's kind of like a vampire knocking on your door and they have to be invited in to do their business ... Obama knocked, the GnOP invited him in and he killed 'em!!!! HA!!!!! And now the Republicans have been going "homina homina homina" ever since.
I'm on a computer with an old system so, I can't watch the video but, I did see some of Obama's lunch meeting with the republicans. I'm independent and my take on the whole thing is to wait and see what becomes of what was said. What I've found to be the case with his supporters and critics is that they each view the meeting in their own way. One thinks Obama put the republicans in their place and the other sees it as an attempt to share in the blame for a lack of success so far by him and his administration.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:55 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
The link below is a short video about how Republicans
are going against their own principles just to avoid
agreeing with President Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1STPgh91uY
Seems Ms. Maddow is incapable of basic journalism, and possessed no investigative curiosity as to why these republicans voted against this Deficit commission.

“I want a spending commission, and I worry that this commission could have gotten together and agreed to increase taxes,” said McCain. “Spending cuts are what we need. We don’t need to raise taxes."

Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), ranking member of the Appropriations Committee, also argued against losing congressional influence over spending decisions.

“We don’t need to turn over spending to (Obama),” Cochran said. “We’re going to jealously protect our prerogatives. Congress can’t shift its responsibility to others, and that’s what we would be doing.”

Congress is suppose to control spending, not dump it off on some panel, and let them decide while the other 500+ sit on their hands, refusing to take responsibility for their actions.

Senate rejects deficit reduction commission - TheHill.com

We don’t need bipartisan commissions from Congress to resolve budget problems. The voters of the United States elects 535 people to a bipartisan committee called the US Congress, and a 100-person committee called the US Senate. The Democratic Party controlled 60 vote tyranny, just voted to increase our debt limit by $1.9 trillion, any motion to limit the spending to reduce the deficit is a complete charade, and a fraud.

Lets say that $40,000 in $100 dollar bills was one inch thick; we could pave a road with stacks of those $100 dollar bills, from the University of Massachusetts, Boston all the way to Burlington, North Carolina, 740 miles away, and still have nine miles of bills left over.

0bama wants to start using Pay-Go?? It’s clear 0bama wants to force tax increases and use this bipartisan panel as cover.

If 0bama wants to cut spending then all he has to do is reduce spending BEFORE he proposes a $3.8 trillion dollar budget and raised the debt ceiling by another 749 miles worth of stacks of $100 bills.

Maddow is no journalist, and simply a political hack who only offers one side of an argument, and demonizes the opposition without analysis or curiosity as to why they oppose it in the first place. When you are a partisan, political hack, then facts and differing opinions are not necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies