Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is she the same Huffington you liberals get your news from? You didnt say? I wonder why you guys couldnt discuss the issue but have to resort to "she's not running for office"

news flash, NEITHER IS BECK..
I'm a liberal and I don't read the HuffPo. And I was another who wouldn't have minded seeing McCain win until he paired himself with Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Is Ariana running for political office, or does she have presidential aspirations? No? Then she can be as stupid as she wants to be. I prefer my presidential candidates, on the other hand, to be well-versed on the issues and appreciate the complexity of the problems we face. It's a shame, really, because I actually was interested in McCain until he chose Palin to be his running mate.

Huffington has said in the past that she has presidential aspirations.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:36 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,530,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Is she the same Huffington you liberals get your news from? You didnt say? I wonder why you guys couldnt discuss the issue but have to resort to "she's not running for office"

news flash, NEITHER IS BECK..
I maybe have looked at Huffington Post twice. And you have no idea what my politcal leanings are.

Beck is a moron, but, hey, he's a thinker!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,973,712 times
Your video just proved Roger Ailes didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Hitlier and Stalin.....sure!

Then the real funny part....This is what Beck said about the incident on February 2nd

BECK: On yesterday's broadcast, I said I've never used the word "slaughter" on the air. I've never used it on the air. I -- because I'm pretty sure that I would remember saying the administration was slaughtering people or was going to slaughter people. That's a pretty hefty charge.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,875 times
Liberals don't read/listen to left wing media as much as conservatives read/listen to right wing media.

At least, that's been my observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Huffington has said in the past that she has presidential aspirations.
Quite an odd thing for her to assert given that she's not legally able to be president. Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I know of several people who were. Palin ruined it for him.

Palin ruined it for McCain? LOLs.

Is that why his poll numbers went way up after he nominated her?

If you remember McCain was behind Obama in the polls. He nominated Palin and then he was ahead of Obama.

It wasn't until after the economy collapsed that Obama was again able to go ahead in the polls.

To say Palin ruined it for McCain ignores what happened.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:

If you remember McCain was behind Obama in the polls. He nominated Palin and then he was ahead of Obama.

It wasn't until after the economy collapsed that Obama was again able to go ahead in the polls.

It worked for McCain until Palin opened her mouth (remember, she could see Russia from her house??)

Granted, the economy didn't help. Wait a minute....I thought that was Obama's fault??

Old 02-02-2010, 08:42 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,158 times
Quote:

McCain was ahead of Obama? When? Where?

Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Quite an odd thing for her to assert given that she's not legally able to be president. Source?
There was talk a few years back of changing the constitution to allow naturalized citizens to run. She said she would be interested.

I also believe she ran in a primary for governor or senator from Califronia. Maybe she was just talking about that too. Can't remember for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies