Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:35 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,917 times

Advertisements

It doesn't make sense. He's done nothing wrong, yet everybody hates him.

I don't agree with his policies either, but he's not harming our country nearly as bad as some of those before him did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,723 times
Neither.

Old 02-04-2010, 02:07 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't know what you call a few months but it is a bit too strong.

Beck is trying to show that Wilson was an Ivy League progressive and wants to compare the things he did that hurt us in the end to some of the things that Obama is doing now. He hasn't said word one about the Obama lies told to get votes in his campaign but he did prove the Wilson lie very well.

In case your knowledge of the period is as limited as I think it is let me tell you that is was about one month to the day before he went into the war. Maybe I could also call to your attention that the Germans had been sinking our ships since back in 1915 but he waited until 1917 to get us into the war so he could get re-elected. Maybe you need to read up on the period so you can judge better what Beck is attempting to do. I can tell you that I know many of the dates he talks about so I know that he is just telling the truth about Wilson.

How many years did you say it has been since you have seen Beck's show? You know so very little about it now that I know it has been many months.
What happened at the start of 1917 that changed the dynamics of the situation?

I see Beck didn't cover what had changed at the start of 1917. Can anyone provide any substantiation for Beck's other assertion one way or the other about British shipping?

I did find this interesting article on British Debt from WW1 and WWII.
BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What's a little debt between friends?

History Repeating: U.S. Following in British Empire's Footsteps? - Glenn Beck - FOXNews.com

Beck:
Well, Wilson's campaign even used a slogan: "Wilson, he'll keep us out of war." Oh, and he did. He was re-elected on November 7th, 1916. And then he was sworn in on March 5th, 1917. And he kept America out of war. One month and one day later, he formally declared war on Germany. But he was good for that promise for a month.
Why do you — why do you think we were building ships in the 1930s for England? Wait a minute. Has that ever occurred to you? We were building ships for England. Didn't they have the greatest fleet ever? What happened?
Well, after we took control of their debt, we told them, "Get rid of your ships." Was that in their citizen's best interest? Of course not.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It will certainly be there. If I manage to get just one of you haters who are afraid to watch that man because some lefty told you it was a waste of time it will have ben worth it. Just one weakening enough to over come that fear of the truth would make me feel very happy, indeed.

Just the mere fact that you would even stoop to childish rants to entice someone to listen to a person that admits to being an entertainer, someone who is noticeably a bafoon and beyond ignorant. No Thanks...

I prefer to use common sense and not the rants and ravings of someone like Beck, and to beat you at the punch, I don't listen to Olberman, Maddow or any of those other creatins, I choose to put my focus on the statements made by the IDIOT politicians in Washington, I don't need these commentators to tell me how to decipher BS.

By the way, to weigh ANYONE's Love of this country against Beck of all people is truely Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies