Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:52 PM

918 posts, read 817,577 times

Advertisements

What is your problem? I made a perfectly legitimate post back to you and instead of dealing with what I stated and making an intelligent response you make all manner of totally irrelevant accusations. Are you also suggesting that I'm operating here under multiple username aliases? If not, why even mention something so ignorant? If you think that ask ADMIN to check my IP and after they monitor it for a while come back and publicly apologize.

Your response to me:
Quote:
If your points are self-evident they do not need to be underlined, highlighted, bold-lettered, etc, do they? (Well you'd better duck then, because when I reply within a quote I go to blue, so deal with it. I also have no way to know that to you that my points are self-evident...when you fail to address them.)
It seems to me that you, (and others as well, by no means I am implying that you are the only one),
keep pounding on this stuff again and again to influence the public opinion. (Unreal! If you disagree with anything I said make your case. I'm a 'mean-spirited' Repub trying "to influence the public opinion". You bet I am. Do you post here just to read your own comments. I post here to try to influence the way people think. and YES indeed..that's public opinion! More's the pity that others don't have that same motivation and come here as mere bomb-throwers disrespecting the opportunity they are given.)
This is a democratic exercise, it's fair practice if one individual represents one voice. (Listen..., I'm an independent thinker. I represent MY beliefs. I blast Bush as hard as I blast Obama. If Bush were in I'd do to him what I did when I posted on PatrioticResistance during his reign before coming here. I verbally gutted the b*stard! I'm really not sure you know what you're talking about here.)
However, I have had several opportunities to show that there are individuals, perhaps, who manage multiple ID's on the political forum. I suspect that this is a way to make people believe that these government dissenting opinions are pervasive, which doesn't seem to be the case.
(WHEW! YOU HAVE??? I think I'll make this my last post back to you on this thread, because you are demonstrating a level of paranoia here to the point where you may well need professional help.)
Just like it was pointed out by some personal observers that the Tea Parties were fotographed and filmed in such ways to suggest a large participation. (DITTO! Moderators please to take note. I have backed off and decided to not agitate the m*nt*lly inf*rmed.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2010, 06:56 PM

694 posts, read 1,234,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
What is your problem? I made a perfectly legitimate post back to you and instead of dealing with what I stated and making an intelligent response you make all manner of totally irrelevant accusations. Are you also suggesting that I'm operating here under multiple username aliases? If not, why even mention something so ignorant? If you think that ask ADMIN to check my IP and after they monitor it for a while come back and publicly apologize.

Your response to me:
I have no reason to apologize. Please read my post again. I did not acusse you of having multiple ID's.
And I would appreciate if you would not edit my post. Feel free to quote it, but do not edit it.
And do not keep writing insults, call me names, etc.
Thank you.

Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 PM

Default LearningCA

As anyone may observe and as I told you I inserted my comments within your quote. That quote remains as is, which is UNALTERED by me. I prefer to insert the remarks as it gives a continuity to the response and I don't miss any points. For ease of discerning that they are 'inserted comments' I distinguish them with a different colored font. I saw no rule restricting how I do that. If the mods feel it is troublesome they have but to ask me to stop and I'll use another method.

Thank you!

Old 02-21-2010, 07:13 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,319,897 times
Obamascam needs to die.

We need to start all over from scratch as the majority of Americans want.

We do not want 4300 pages of PORK this time.

Obama and the dems wasted and entire year on this issue and did not work on the most important issue of jobs.

Working on HC for a year shows they are not able to make good decisions.

Sitting back and watching us lose 9 million jobs and seeing record numbers of people losing their homes because of the job losses is wrong!

So now, he finally sees the majority of us don't like his scam filled bill? Where has he been? Taking a nap?

THE DEMS & OBAMA HAVE FAILED US ALL.

Wonder if Obama can work on two issues at once? Or did he forget about those 5 million new jobs he promised on purpose?

Old 02-21-2010, 07:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Default If it dies, it's because he tried to work with clueless Republicans.

If it dies, it's because President Obama was too bi-partisan. Republicans had 8 years to devise a health care plan during the Bush years, when it was evident MORE THAN EVER BEFORE that a crisis existed. They didn't even address the problem, focusing instead on dumping a trillion dollars in warmongering bliss while losing to a militarily inferior opponent that they underestimated. So Republicans don't have a clue about such matters. Including them (when their only intent is to make Obama fail) is political suicide and the sooner Obama realizes this, the better off the country will be.

Recap: To get anything done in this country, President Obama must find a way to do it expecting nothing but clueless Republican opposition. He must step over or through these fools. When he reaches "across the table", it should be to give them instruction on how to STAY OUT OF THE WAY.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:39 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Obama admits health care overhaul may die on Hill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100205/ap_on_bi_ge/us_health_care_overhaul - broken link)

I can't say I'm crying buckets.
My heart goes out to those who are uninsured, who have high premiums, have high deductibles, etc but this bill Congress put together is not the direction our country needs to go in.

We can learn a lot from all the other industrialized countries that have managed to figure out universal health care. We are the only industrialized country that doesn't guarantee health care to all it's citizens. Let's take a look at Germany, France, the UK, and Canada. They all get very good marks in certain areas.
It "MAY" die? I guess Elvis "may die" too! It is DEAD buried and rotting. And Obama has only himself to blame for it. His lack of any leadership is what killed it.

Old 02-21-2010, 08:40 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,779,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
And what would the government need to do in order to earn your trust?

Eliminate taxes thus not to have a way to pay for itself?
Quit stealing our money for one.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 PM

694 posts, read 1,234,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obamascam needs to die.

We need to start all over from scratch as the majority of Americans want.

We do not want 4300 pages of PORK this time.

Obama and the dems wasted and entire year on this issue and did not work on the most important issue of jobs.

Working on HC for a year shows they are not able to make good decisions.

Sitting back and watching us lose 9 million jobs and seeing record numbers of people losing their homes because of the job losses is wrong!

So now, he finally sees the majority of us don't like his scam filled bill? Where has he been? Taking a nap?

THE DEMS & OBAMA HAVE FAILED US ALL.

Wonder if Obama can work on two issues at once? Or did he forget about those 5 million new jobs he promised on purpose?
That sounds to me like an incitement to violence. Is that what you are trying to do, Sunny-Days90?

Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Default LearningCA

Quote:
That sounds to me like an incitement to violence. Is that what you are trying to do, Sunny-Days90?
Your Great Leader, in and of himself with no help needed from us, is an incitement to violence, because he is committed to the very overthrow of our form of government. Never in the history of this country has her sovereign integrity and constitutional form of government been so challenged. You lefties should be proud as he couldn't have totally failed without your dedicated support. And now we're about to see a congress change hands yet again and fill up with an amalgam of newbie legislators of many parties and most all the demonRATic power brokers will be history.

I salute you

Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,756,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Oh my list is much longer for them to gain my trust

1-Stop lying to the American people
2-Stop wasting our money pay for their own meals, drinks, flowers etc
3-Stop insulting the American people
I could go on but I wont.
Dont you think that the wealthiest of the leadership, like Nancy Pelosi and Reid, could out of the goodness of their hearts and in the name of redistribution of wealth, go without a paycheck? They could give up the gold plated retirement package as well, since they really do not need the money.
I would love to propose that on the house floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies