Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:12 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet
YOu realize that planned parenthood founder, Margaret Sanger, believed in Eugenics, right?
Quote:

quote=Katiana Yes, yes, yes. That doesn't have anything to do with their mission in 2010. Margaret Sanger is long gone.
No.....it DOES have everything to do with Sanger's mission. 85 percent of their abortion clinics are in urban neighborhoods. A 3rd of the baby murders are done on black children.

A dream come true for Sanger, if she's was alive to see her brainchild all growed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:16 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
Good for you for getting the information you needed. I have met some teens that have done the same. It's so important to take care of yourself and you did the right thing for your situation.

It's terrible to hear that school counselors behave in a way that doesn't assure trust with their students. Privacy and trust are necessary for any counseling to work.

I would then recommend a trip to a clinic or hospital and just ask the front desk where to go to get one. There are sooo many places that offer them free for "at risk" people. They will know something. Actually, when visiting your family doctor, they will give you some. They are not allowed to disclose anything to your parents without consent from you. I'm a mixed bag of feelings about this, but it's for the child's safety so it gets my thumbs up for that.
If I had it my way, there would be a bowl of free condoms in high schools and comprehensive sex education.
I saw WAY too many pregnant girls during my high school years. I had to sit through a health class that focused on abstinence ONLY rather than contraception AND abstinence.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,004 times
PurpleLove08:

Massachusetts has a helpline/website called MariaTalks! You may know this, but in case you don't or in case some of your friends are seeking answers:
  • Got questions about sex, birth control or issues that matter? Need to find a no- or low-cost, confidential family planning program near you? Call the Massachusetts Sexual Health Helpline at (877) MA-SEX-ED (877) 627-3933 or visit maria talks :: (877) MA-SEX-ED (877) 627-3933.
It seems like a great thing that they have a telephone hotline.

Also:

Mass.Gov lists a broad number of resources for family planning and health. Anyone under the age of 20 is able to attain subsidy for services regardless of income verification.

I don't know if these help, but thought I'd share what I found.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:23 PM

621 posts, read 1,054,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
If I had it my way, there would be a bowl of free condoms in high schools and comprehensive sex education.
I saw WAY too many pregnant girls during my high school years. I had to sit through a health class that focused on abstinence ONLY rather than contraception AND abstinence.
I agree with this.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Oh PLEASE!!

I think adoption is a worthy goal but have you looked at the number of kids in foster care?
What gets me is that some on the right praise adoption but then they put up stupid and bigoted roadblocks such as, "Only married couples should be able to adopt" or "only heterosexuals should be allowed to adopt."

I think a woman should be free to make decisions about her destiny. Abortion is part of that. She should be free to decide if/when she wants children and how many.

I would rather work to reduce the number of unwanted and unplanned pregnancies by focusing on birth control, IUDs, comprehensive sex education, condom distribution, education, etc.

Many in the anti-choice movement are against contraception. That doesn't make any sense to me. If you are against abortion, why would you support policies that can very well increase the number of abortions?
Lets take a look at adoption. The children that get lost in foster care are not infants. Infants are adopted out quickly. the children who get lost in foster care are pree teens and teens. No one wants them

Old 02-08-2010, 03:40 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In the VERY FEW CASES where the pharmacist will not fill the script, the pharmacy simply does not carry the medication. It will be known in the community.

It is NOT a big deal - it REALLY is not
Tell that to the girl who needs her birth control or morning after pill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmyhomeo View Post
Prolifers do not give a rats ass what happens to your kids or anyones kids but thier own after the fall out of the womb, then its pull yourself up by your own boot straps kid, and are there no work houses and are there no prisions, my taxes pay for these institutions.
You got right up. PLUS ONE.

"Prolife" until you are born. That is what the JOKE "prolife" movement is about.

Quote:
It is a big deal if you have been raped and need the morning after pill.
You can't just wait for Wal-Mart to send it in the mail.
Exactly my point. Pity some "prolifers" cannot see this. They are ok with denying women birth control and uses poor excuses like faith to defend that. And then want to go around talking about being against abortion.

Get real.

Quote:
The number of pharmacists that will not fill the script is so small that it is doubtful - HIGHLY DOUBTFUL, you will ever encounter the problem

But, if you do - go to another pharmacy. And, don't give that crap about it being "too far away". That is an excuse - a meaningless excuse - and you know it (or, should)
Yeah but it can STILL HAPPEN.

Too far away. Sure it is not an excuse. Just like your RELIGIOUS BELIEFS is not an EXCUSE to deny a woman birth control or morning after pill. And, don't give that crap about it being "immoral" or how it goes against your beliefs. That is an excuse - a meaningless excuse - and you know it (or, should)

Old 02-08-2010, 04:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Tell that to the girl who needs her birth control or morning after pill.
Let me begin by saying that I am "preaching" all the time that you cannot find everything on the Internet - that said -

I have done some searching and for the life of me, I cannot find one case - not one darn case / incident where any woman has been unable to get her "morning after" or her birth control pills for the fact that the pharmacist refused to fill the script. No one.

Now, I'm not necessarily the best searcher in the world so, I'm up to someone showing me a case, or two or 50 -

Old 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Let me begin by saying that I am "preaching" all the time that you cannot find everything on the Internet - that said -

I have done some searching and for the life of me, I cannot find one case - not one darn case / incident where any woman has been unable to get her "morning after" or her birth control pills for the fact that the pharmacist refused to fill the script. No one.

Now, I'm not necessarily the best searcher in the world so, I'm up to someone showing me a case, or two or 50 -

Another woman has been denied the morning after pill by a pharmacist who said he was exercising his religious conscience.

Another Woman Denied Morning After Pill By Religious Pharmacist | National Secular Society

She could go somewhere else and do it but she should not have too because of someones faith. heh.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Another woman has been denied the morning after pill by a pharmacist who said he was exercising his religious conscience.

Another Woman Denied Morning After Pill By Religious Pharmacist | National Secular Society

She could go somewhere else and do it but she should not have too because of someones faith. heh.
Is it possible to please find one in the United States. The link was to a case in the UK

Different rules / laws

Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Is it possible to please find one in the United States. The link was to a case in the UK

Different rules / laws
Still. People should not be denied the morning after pills because of religious reasons. Agree, right?

In Tucson AZ-
While calling dozens of Tucson pharmacies trying to fill a prescription for emergency contraception, she found that most did not stock the drug.
When she finally did find a pharmacy with it, she said she was told the pharmacist on duty would not dispense it because of religious and moral objections.
HorsesAss.Org » Blog Archive » Rape victim denied Morning After pill

Washington, USA
"I'm not going to give any kind of medication I see as harmful," said Phillips of San Antonio. The drugs would not protect her patient from "emotional trauma from multiple partners," Phillips reasoned, or sexually transmitted diseases. "I could not ethically give that type of medication to a single woman."
Conscience clauses not just about abortion anymore - USATODAY.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies