Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 AM

880 posts, read 2,025,295 times

Advertisements

Nukes would be no surprise.OPEC backs Iran and will shut off oil supply?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:41 AM

7 posts, read 6,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
Nukes would be no surprise.OPEC backs Iran and will shut off oil supply?
OPEC doesn't back Iran. The Gulf Arab states are scared to death of those loons.
US bolsters defences of Iran's Gulf neighbours - Telegraph

Old 02-09-2010, 10:53 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
My hunch is they will announce a missile defense system on level with Russia. To them, this will make them more equal with other "superpowers".

Old 02-09-2010, 01:59 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
What do I win if I guess right?

But I too, think he will likely pull some kind of "crack down" on those critical of the ruling regime. Perhaps accompanied by some form of manufactured "evidence" of western involvement.

YC.......

Old 02-09-2010, 02:46 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
they will do a freakin' parade or something, or maybe fire up their nuclear power plant, which was supposed to go online last year.

None of it will be earth shaking, unless Israel is planning to crash the party.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:34 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
The day this thread started none of those were there.
Drudge had a link up with the towel head mullah daddy in the caption. By the time this thread had started the link had changed to the MadMan link.

It's the 21st century. Try to keep up.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggaedude View Post
No, they're too clever to do that. And no intelligence agency believes they have actually weaponized, although all believe that the loons are rapidly moving that way. They are just as feverishly working on extending their capability of delivering the weapon as they are on developing the weapon itself.

So he may announce another leap in technology toward their ability to develop an intercontinental missile:
What good would that do a non-nuclear power? Quite the opposite, it might have the effect of scaring enough Americans into demanding action against them. If they do it, I think we can safely say they have a nuke or two stashed somewhere for a rainy day.

Besides, they don't need ICBM capability to be, as a practical matter, "untouchable" once they have a nuclear device. They can hit enough capitals with the missles they already have.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 PM

2,847 posts, read 2,518,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Sure they were! I started this thread last night and before I started it I Google searched the topic and there were multiple pages of links. The topic was in the news all day Monday and I believe over the weekend. It was also covered by cable news throughout the day yesterday.
mute point doesn't matter but I googled with copy paste for web and news,

nothing, copied exactly as written Ahmadinejad: Iran will deliver a telling blow to global powers on February 11

maybe my google is broken but I sure as hell know how to google

Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Ahmadinejad: Iran will deliver a telling blow to global powers on February 11

What is the "telling blow to global powers"?

Maybe they are all going to convert to Christianity and start watching "Dancing with the stars"! I just can't wait to hear the rantings of a lunatic!

Why does anyone care what this nut says? It will be all BS anyway.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:30 PM

7 posts, read 6,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
What good would that do a non-nuclear power? Quite the opposite, it might have the effect of scaring enough Americans into demanding action against them. If they do it, I think we can safely say they have a nuke or two stashed somewhere for a rainy day.

Besides, they don't need ICBM capability to be, as a practical matter, "untouchable" once they have a nuclear device. They can hit enough capitals with the missles they already have.
I don't think they would test an ICBM until they were on the verge of, or immediately after, nuclear weaponization. That would instantly make them a threat to the US, a threat that the US could not end without nuclear war. Yes, with nukes they could establish complete hegemony over the mideast (only Israel would be in their way) and threaten Europe without an ICBM. But I think ultimately they have an ideological and fanatically religious goal of challenging the Great Satan directly.

That's why it's so extremely important to put an end to them NOW, one way or another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies